PDA

View Full Version : LT GU Jets Jersey on Ebay

Mulligans
05-15-2011, 04:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LaDainian-Tomlinson-GAME-USED-Signed-NY-Jets-Jersey-PSA-/300550306276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa31b9e4#ht_1177wt_922

I know that this signature has a PSA Cert, but does this "Game Used" signature look funny to anyone? They don't look like they came from the same hand?

Is anyone familiar with LTs hand writing? Does this look familiar?

Any thoughts on the Jersey length? Does that look right for LT?

mad87man
05-15-2011, 05:50 PM
i saw this and thought it looked funny too. Not sure how he writes.Also seems kind of cheap.

trsent
05-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't know anything about this item, but it is possible the inscriptions were added at a later time to when the jersey was signed.

legaleagle92481
05-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I believe JO got every LT Jets jersey from last year. So how did this one slip loose? Also why no evidence of use other than a "slight tear"? A tear could come from anything so thats really not even evidence of use. The signature looks good but I agree that the inscriptions don't seem to match it. Please note on the letter that PSA describes the item as a signed jersey no mention of game use.

jhunt28
05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LaDainian-Tomlinson-GAME-USED-Signed-NY-Jets-Jersey-PSA-/300550306276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa31b9e4#ht_1177wt_922

I know that this signature has a PSA Cert, but does this "Game Used" signature look funny to anyone? They don't look like they came from the same hand?

Is anyone familiar with LTs hand writing? Does this look familiar?

Any thoughts on the Jersey length? Does that look right for LT?

I contacted the seller of this jersey a few weeks ago when it was posted...he didn't answer any of my questions, and said he would "get back to me". Needless to say, I have never seen an LT jersey from the Jets that wasn't hemmed above the tag line, with an elastic waist. I also have never seen an LT jersey from the Jets tagged with year "09" in the neck. All of the LT jerseys that I have seen from Jets are tagged "10". I highly doubt they would give a player like LT a leftover from the previous year? I would think an LT jersey would require too many customizations to use a leftover. Given the sellers reluctancy to return my emails, I have a feeling this could be a 2009 Dwight Lowery game cut jersey, with a new nameplate. Like legaleagle said, the autograph could be authentic, but the LOA/COA mentions nothing about the jersey having any "game use".

trsent
05-15-2011, 07:05 PM
I believe JO got every LT Jets jersey from last year. So how did this one slip loose? Also why no evidence of use other than a "slight tear"? A tear could come from anything so thats really not even evidence of use. The signature looks good but I agree that the inscriptions don't seem to match it. Please note on the letter that PSA describes the item as a signed jersey no mention of game use.

PSA/DNA doesn't certify game used, do they?

Mulligans
05-15-2011, 07:40 PM
PSA says nothing about Game Use, but they oddly certify that the words game used 2010 are LT's writing which seems really odd?

The additional writing of "game used" seems to be added slowly and deliberatly? I also questioned the lack of custom tail and the length........

Mulligans
05-15-2011, 07:42 PM
PSADNA does certify game use....but they didnt on this one.

trsent
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
PSADNA does certify game use....but they didnt on this one.

I would double check this statement. I know PSA/DNA works with NFL Auctions, but they do not certify game used otherwise and this item didn't come from NFL Auctions.

PSA/DNA does not certify game used jerseys otherwise.

trsent
05-15-2011, 09:11 PM
PSA says nothing about Game Use, but they oddly certify that the words game used 2010 are LT's writing which seems really odd?

The additional writing of "game used" seems to be added slowly and deliberatly? I also questioned the lack of custom tail and the length........

I have been present for many athletes signing an item and watching them write an inscription and it takes a long time as they are confused. Most players we give a small piece of paper with the inscription written on the paper and the athlete has to look back at the item and the paper many times before completing the inscription.

I have no clue if this jersey is authentic game used, but I can tell you attempting to use the argument that LT didn't write the inscription is the wrong angle because no one can prove this because they don't like the way it looks.

Find other examples of LT's inscriptions not being similar and you may have a point but blind speculation because people don't like how the inscription looks without comparing it to other examples is not really fair.

sammy
05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I know nothing about the jersey, just inquiring about the price. Why so expensive, or is a jersey of this guy worth anywhere near that price?

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

mad87man
05-15-2011, 09:33 PM
I know nothing about the jersey, just inquiring about the price. Why so expensive, or is a jersey of this guy worth anywhere near that price?

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325
If it was a real LT game used jersey? Yeah prob. I mean high market (NY) and a great player. Def worth around the 5-6 grand for one.

Jhunt I agree i looked on JO site and the only one they had listed had the 10 tag in it and not the 09 like you pointed out.

Mulligans
05-15-2011, 09:45 PM
JO has them for sale pre ordered for 2011 for 12K + each. I believe that they were 7.5 K last year.

Mulligans
05-16-2011, 07:01 AM
I would double check this statement. I know PSA/DNA works with NFL Auctions, but they do not certify game used otherwise and this item didn't come from NFL Auctions.

PSA/DNA does not certify game used jerseys otherwise.

I can't tell you how PSADNA is involved in the authentication of these items, but I certainly have my share of Jerseys, Bats and Helmets that were authenticated as GU by psadna.

Thanks for your help on this one.....the inscription, the tail length and the year tag leaves me a little suspicious?

legaleagle92481
05-16-2011, 08:15 AM
JO has them for sale pre ordered for 2011 for 12K + each. I believe that they were 7.5 K last year.

he wont be a jet this year. they have greene as the starter, mcknight, who looked great at the end of last year and the new kid they just picked as backups no place for lt. once lockout ends hes as good as cut.

legaleagle92481
05-16-2011, 08:19 AM

star nfl jerseys regularly fetch well over 5k. lt is very popular with collectors. on nfl auctions in 09 i believe he topped 10k. jo cant keep his stuff in stock its so popular.

jhunt28
05-16-2011, 10:16 AM
he wont be a jet this year. they have greene as the starter, mcknight, who looked great at the end of last year and the new kid they just picked as backups no place for lt. once lockout ends hes as good as cut.

I'm not so sure...I think he is still a great 3rd down option for the Jets, and Shonn Greene can't catch a cold. I think LT had close to 60 receptions last year, and is worth keeping. McKnight had a good game against the pathetic Bills last year, but I hope he improves. I'm sure this isn't the place for a Jets debate...but I think you'll see him in the backfield in 2011 as a Jet.

trsent
05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I can't tell you how PSADNA is involved in the authentication of these items, but I certainly have my share of Jerseys, Bats and Helmets that were authenticated as GU by psadna.

Thanks for your help on this one.....the inscription, the tail length and the year tag leaves me a little suspicious?

I know PSA has a bat division, but what jerseys do you have authenticated as game used by PSA/DNA that didn't come from NFL Auctions?

They do not have a game used authentication division so I am curious what you are talking about.

Signed items with PSA/DNA certification game used or store model all receive authentication from PSA/DNA when they find the autograph genuine. They are not grading or authenticating game use.

Please, show me some examples of PSA/DNA certifying game used jerseys other than from NFL Auctions.

Many people are tricked on eBay into believing a jersey certified by PSA/DNA that being sold as game used is certified game used by PSA/DNA when they only certify autographs.

Please provide me with items you have they certified game used that are not from NFL Auctions.

Mulligans
05-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Joel.....This is getting to be a funny conversation....

You asked us: PSA/DNA doesn't certify game used, do they?

I Said: Yes they do..... I have Game Used Bats, Helmets and jerseys that are authenticated by PSADNA...... And yes, by the way all of the football Items were purchased through NFL Auctions.

Maybe we are just misunderstanding each other?:)

At the end of the day, I only know that one thing is true......PSADNA has authenticated my Game used Baseball Bats, my Game Used Football Helmets and my Game Used football Jerseys, so in my eyes PSADNA is authenticating Game used.....Beyond that I don't have a clue what else they authenticate.:D

trsent
05-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Joel.....This is getting to be a funny conversation....

You asked us: PSA/DNA doesn't certify game used, do they?

I Said: Yes they do..... I have Game Used Bats, Helmets and jerseys that are authenticated by PSADNA...... And yes, by the way all of the football Items were purchased through NFL Auctions.

Maybe we are just misunderstanding each other?:)

At the end of the day, I only know that one thing is true......PSADNA has authenticated my Game used Baseball Bats, my Game Used Football Helmets and my Game Used football Jerseys, so in my eyes PSADNA is authenticating Game used.....Beyond that I don't have a clue what else they authenticate.:D

The confusion is simple:

PSA/DNA has an agreement to certify items for NFL Auctions as Game Used. PSA/DNA Bats certifies game used bats.

Other than these two sources/items - PSA/DNA doesn't certify anything as "Game Used" as far as I know. The LT jersey in question couldn't be certified as game used by PSA/DNA as it did not originate from NFL Auctions.

I do not believe there is a single item not from NFL Auctions or that is a baseball bat that has a "Game Used" certification from PSA/DNA. They do not have a division to accept submissions of game used jerseys as a company such as MEARS or MeiGray does.

So to clarify, you have items from NFL Auctions certified by PSA/DNA as game used and you have bats certified by PSA/DNA as game used. There is no other game used memorabilia certified as game used by PSA/DNA as that is not their specialty.

As I said before, many eBay sellers try to confuse customers selling an autographed item certified by PSA/DNA as if they authenticated the game use of the item, but they only do that for NFL Auctions and PSA/DNA bats - No one else. They authenticate autographs only for items such as the LT jersey in question.

Also, I will take a guess that PSA/DNA certifies items for NFL Auctions on the word of NFL Auctions that the item is game used as I doubt they are researching game use on each item.

sox83cubs84
05-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Joel:

I'd say your explanation is spot-on.

Dave Miedema