Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spartanservitto
    • May 2010

CANO SSK's with White Barrel

Ive seen these bats a couple times signed and inscribed, I have been unable to actually see a photo of him using a bat with this barrel design. Does anyone have an explanation, or any input on these. Thanks!

-Tony
    sigpic
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/
  • gorilla777
    • Aug 2009

Re: CANO SSK's with White Barrel

Originally posted by spartanservitto
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Robinson-Ca...2#ht_500wt_922

Ive seen these bats a couple times signed and inscribed, I have been unable to actually see a photo of him using a bat with this barrel design. Does anyone have an explanation, or any input on these. Thanks!

-Tony
    I believe they all have just had white tape wrapped around the barrel? It is still the two tone black barrel bat. It is probably a bat with either no name on the barrel or a player other than Cano.

Comment

• NFLELCollector
      • Nov 2005

USED DURING BP ONLY!
      It is considered a Training Bat, Probably alittle Heavier then the Bat he uses for Games to Help keep his hands Quick (As if he needs Help)!
      NOT GAME USED!
      It is a Japanese Baseball thing, and since SSK is a Japanese Sports Company, they made this Bat for CANO to Use During BP.
      Similarly NIKE Made BP Bats for Kaz Matsui, and MIZUNO makes BP Bats for ICHIRO.

Comment

• dougiedshow
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2009

Robinson Cano of the New York Yankees takes batting practice before the game against the Oakland Athletics at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on July 6, 2010 in Oakland, California.

I was able to find a photo of him using one for BP. I guess that helps him sleep at night when he inscribes them "game used". There sure are a LOT of Cano "game used" bats out there from a Nov 2010 "MLB" signing. Many of them are these odd BP bats. I'd suggest finding a Cano Holo or Steiner bat, that's just me I guess.

Comment

• 5toolplayer
          • Apr 2011

Those white barrel bats are BP bats ONLY. I have no idea why he would put "game used" on it. I wouldn't waste the money on them
          5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

The seller is a forum member; I'd like to hear his take on it.

Also, the bat has an MLB hologram. I can't make out the numbers from the pictures, but I'm curious to find out what it says with regard to game or BP use.
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

Working...