PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Murray Jersey Value

Airtron1
08-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I have a 2004 Indians Eddie Murray Game worn jersey all proper markings I bought from the team its the dark blue jersey wondering what the value of a item is worth like that it is from his days as their hitting coach thanks

sportscentury
08-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Airtron,

It sounds like you have a very nice jersey. Pics would be great. Without having seen pics or knowing the details or having examined the jersey (enough qualifiers for you?), I would estimate the value of your jersey is somewhere between $600-$900. Eddie is a first-ballot Hall of Famer and he did play for the Indians in the 1990s, so he had history on that team as a player.

I have a perfect Murray 1995 Indians home game worn jersey that was purchased from the team by the collector from whom I obtained it. I am asking $1399 for it, but I estimate its value at closer to $2000-$2200.

Of course, earlier Eddie Murray game worn Orioles jerseys are the most valuable, but items from his time with other teams (Indians, Dodgers...) are also highly desireable. His game worn jerseys are not all that easy to find and his bats are drying up, too. Fielding gloves are near impossible. We all have read on GUF what his one Dodgers bat in Mastro went for recently. Is that an outlier? Certainly. However, I do believe his items are going up in value considerably. It's about time, too, as his items have been undervalued for years (along with those of players like Dave Winfield, Gary Carter, Rickey Henderson, Roberto Alomar, Tom Glavine, and Pudge Rodriguez).

Good luck and post some pics if you can,

Reid

suave1477
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Hello Reid,

I noticed you mentioned Roberto Alomar, I was wondering if you were interested in his Game Used items? I don't know if you noticed I am selling a Game Used bat of his?
If your interested let me know?
Thank you,

jason

Airtron1
08-31-2006, 03:26 PM
that is about what I thought I could not beleive it I picked it up today in the Indians team shop it was amongst a bunch of common jerseys like brain tallet and joel skinner i go tth ejersey for 200 bucks. funny thing was they had some casey blake cliff lee and jake westbrook jerseys for 500 each i have no clue what they were thinking when i paid for it they even said someone had made a mistake the other 2 murraqys they had sold for 700 each but since they marked it 200 i got it for it i asked if they had anymore and they said that was the very last one. i'm not a big murray fan so i actually dropped it off at a auction house for there auction they usually pull a good amount i set a reserve at 500 thanks for the helpany other estimates would be great it has proper year tag and all since it came from the team shop

Airtron1
08-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Here is the link to the online auction of my jersey http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/1331-Eddie-Murray-Game-Used-2004-Indians-Jersey_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28270QQihZ001QQi temZ110027742629QQrdZ1

sportscentury
08-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Hello Reid,

I noticed you mentioned Roberto Alomar, I was wondering if you were interested in his Game Used items? I don't know if you noticed I am selling a Game Used bat of his?
If your interested let me know?
Thank you,

jason

Jason,

Thanks for the offer, but I can't get even half-decent prices for his items. He's the best 2nd baseman of his generation, but he's not too popular among fans or collectors.

Best of luck,
Reid

scottanservitz
08-31-2006, 09:07 PM
Totally agree on Murray stuff finally getting prices closer to what they should. Collectors are finally realizing the values of some of the pre-roid HOF players should be higher than they have been. 70's and 80's star players are getting good prices and I see the upswing is still there. Henderson stuff is still affordable and he will be a first ballot HOFer without question. Winfield stuff is still cheap as well. The list previously mentioned is very accurrate. Get these guys now while you still can!
Scott

indyred
09-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Here is the link to the online auction of my jersey http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/1331-Eddie-Murray-Game-Used-2004-Indians-Jersey_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28270QQihZ001QQi temZ110027742629QQrdZ1
Looks like you made a few bucks. How much do thoses ebay seller stores charge on something like this?

dodgersfan
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
I dont know if iam seeing this correct?
It looks like your name as 1 of the bidders on your own item?
Iam sorry if i made a mistake.

Rudy

http://offer.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110027742629

trsent
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM

A few things. I see on Game Used Universe your name is registered as: Mike Housh. I see Airtron1 on eBay who didn't pay for my eBay item #250021737653 is registered as: Ken Bevington on eBay.

Another forum member emailed me to ask if the seller put in a bid on their own item from the auction listed above. Since Airtron1 is the same ID on Game Used Universe and eBay, and Airtron1 above gave a link to their eBay auction saying it was their jersey, they then appeared to have placed a $350.00 bid on their own item which may be against eBay rules of shill bidding.

Now, this appears to be the same Airtron1 that has ignored my emails and phone calls on eBay about payment for a jersey that was sold two weeks ago. I have since sold the jersey to a previous bidder, since their feedback was made private and they have received three negative feedbacks in the last month.

eBay user: Airtron1 is located according to eBay in Mentor, OH which is four miles from the eBay seller's address of Willoughby, OH. The eBay seller is user: fuscoauctions.

This eBay seller has a great feedback rating (99.9%) with over 4400 positives.

I see now where Airtron1 on GUU says he consigned the item to an auction house that sells on eBay live. I do not know what the rules are if a consignee bids on their own item in a 2nd party auction house on eBay, but I wouldn't go showing off the item if I bid on it myself that is for sure.

I guess the main concern is Airtron1 on GUU the same Airtron1 on eBay? How could they be different people since the one on the forum brought up an item on eBay that has a bid from a user with the same exact user id on eBay?

The question is what is this user's real name since they have a different name registered on eBay as they do on Game Used Universe?

Airtron1
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
sorry trsent you must be mistaken that is not my id

trsent
09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
sorry trsent you must be mistaken that is not my id

Ok, that is odd.

You came on the forum and asked the question about a Eddie Murray jersey that someone with the eBay user id: Airtron48 then placed a $350.00 bid on and you tell me you are not the same person?

That is an amazing coincidence.

Oh well, just odd that the consignment company is 4 miles from where the bidder Airtron48 comes from.

Airtron1
09-11-2006, 08:31 PM
is it odd that someones id gameused has a item that is bid on by gameused8 no airtron is a nationwide corporation i have no clue who bid on my jersey but it was not me just someone with a similar ID

trsent
09-11-2006, 08:51 PM
is it odd that someones id gameused has a item that is bid on by gameused8 no airtron is a nationwide corporation i have no clue who bid on my jersey but it was not me just someone with a similar ID

Ok, I never have heard of a company called Airtron, the guy lives a few miles from the consignment house.

dodgersfan
09-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Something does not look right here!
We must be blind and Joel?

Rudy

thomecollector
09-12-2006, 04:39 AM
I've been lying in the weeds on this one for awhile now.When I first heard this one talk. ie ,read his comments. There was a light going off in my head. I said "This guy reminds me of Ken Golem" . I too checked the background info. But, the more I read. I am almost certain that this is our boy again.What do you say Ken? Pretend that this "The Price is Right.....:D Come on down:D

Airtron1
09-12-2006, 06:06 AM
first of all who is this Ken Golem. Second of all why does it seem that some people on this board in general are always looking for a scandal no matter what is going on. if you look at alot of threads there is alot of name calling and grudges held here. i thought this board was to help people who collect game used items not bicker about everything and start pissing matches

Airtron1
09-12-2006, 06:36 AM
I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that my last comment was not about everyone on this board. There are alot of individuals who I see helping out other members. There are just a few conspiracy theorists out there who feel the need to make any thing into the JFK theory of the third gun man on the grassy knoll.

trsent
09-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that my last comment was not about everyone on this board. There are alot of individuals who I see helping out other members. There are just a few conspiracy theorists out there who feel the need to make any thing into the JFK theory of the third gun man on the grassy knoll.

I am sorry if the fact that an eBay user with the ID Airtron48 bid on the same item you consigned to a local eBay consignment shop who stiffed me on a $900.00 bid two weeks ago and you asked about your item on this forum that we raised the question if you were the same person.

Just our method of doing business, watching out for all the angles.

sportscentury
09-12-2006, 09:17 AM
first of all who is this Ken Golem. Second of all why does it seem that some people on this board in general are always looking for a scandal no matter what is going on. if you look at alot of threads there is alot of name calling and grudges held here. i thought this board was to help people who collect game used items not bicker about everything and start pissing matches

Mike,

It does feel that way sometimes. However, exposing fraud is one of the best ways that forum members help each other. I'm not sure how long you've been in this hobby, but it pays to be extremely careful. It's rough out there. I don't know a single person who has not been burned. As such we try to look out for each other on GUF (and we do a heck of a job). If this situation is nothing more than a coincidence, then I can undersand your frustration. But I hope you can do some perspective taking, as well, and understand why Joel, Rudy, Roger, and others are concerned. It would be an amazing coincidence and it is probably one that is a bit hard for them to digest. I'm not passing judgment ... just trying to help you to understand their perspective.

Best wishes,
Reid

indyred
09-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I was just curious in why consign it to the ebay auction seller and not do it yourself. What kind of % do they take? It is amazing on how good the detective work is in here. Makes for great reading and does help everyone out. Isn't it legal to bid on your own auctions on ebay. But very risky in that you might get stuck with item and the fees involved?

Airtron1
09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Thats cool everyone I understand completely and was not upset at all this is just a hobby and I understand that you do need to be carefull. I consigned it they take 12 percent but they do all of the work and I have no hassels with paypal or naything. One time I had a individual pay me instant trasfer through paypal. So I shipped the item and then 10 days later paypal reversed the charges since the senders payment did not process through there bank. that is why I let them sell all of my items I move much more relaxing for me. I actually am glad you guys did give me the thrid degree beacuse it shows how much you care for this hobby.

trsent
09-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Thats cool everyone I understand completely and was not upset at all this is just a hobby and I understand that you do need to be carefull. I consigned it they take 12 percent but they do all of the work and I have no hassels with paypal or naything. One time I had a individual pay me instant trasfer through paypal. So I shipped the item and then 10 days later paypal reversed the charges since the senders payment did not process through there bank. that is why I let them sell all of my items I move much more relaxing for me. I actually am glad you guys did give me the thrid degree beacuse it shows how much you care for this hobby.

12% is an amazingly low fee. Most sales on eBay run about 8% - 10% to the seller in fees. I guess with eBay live they charge a buyer's premium, so it may be a reasonable commission.

Then again, I really wonder how much exposure an item loses on eBay Live Auctions from the regular eBay daily auctions.

sportscentury
10-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I would suggest that everyone read the following thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=5130

Simply unbelievable.