PDA

View Full Version : Vince Malta Book Update

ChrisCavalier
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to update everyone regarding the status of Vince Malta's upcoming "Complete Reference Guide to Louisville Slugger Professional Player Bats". I had the privilege of being part of a meeting yesterday with Mr. Malta and the publisher where the design components were approved. Thus, the publisher now has all they need to move forward and the only steps that remain at this point are the artwork production, proofing and printing.

At this point I can definitely confirm the following:

1) Barring any many hiccups (which are not expected given the remaining steps) the book should be ready in time for the holidays (hopefully in November); and

2) I actually received copies of the different sections of the book yesterday and I will tell you that this book is going to be absolutely incredible.

In addition, we were given more player charts in the meeting yesterday which will be be adding to the site over the next few months until the book is released. When all is said and done we will have over 140 player charts available for members.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I can tell you that, although the book has taken longer than expected to get to market, once it is released you will see that it is definitely worth the wait.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

JETEFAN
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Chris,

It is great to hear the book will soon be in our hands !!! On a side note, I know many others who have had the same problem I did with Mr. Malta's first book "Bats". Do you know if they have addressed the binding problems they had with the first book, I am curious to hear if any other members have had problems with the book comming apart at the seams!!! Many people I have spoken to have had the same problems with the first book. Just my 2 cents!!

George

ChrisCavalier
08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
On a side note, I know many others who have had the same problem I did with Mr. Malta's first book "Bats". Do you know if they have addressed the binding problems they had with the first book, I am curious to hear if any other members have had problems with the book comming apart at the seams!!! Many people I have spoken to have had the same problems with the first book. Just my 2 cents!!
Hello George,

I spoke directly with the publisher and they told me they are using one of the more renown printers in the world to do the printing. I also know Mr. Malta is aware of the issues with the first book and, therefore, I would venture to guess there will not be any problems with the binding on this one.

Sincerely,
Chris

BoneRubbedBat
11-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Any updates?

ChrisCavalier
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Any updates?
Hello Marcus,

I spoke with the publisher today and they, along with Vince, are in the final stages of the proofing process. Once the proofing is completed, the only thing that remains is the final printing.

As of right now, the target delivery date is December 15th and they are doing everything they can to try to get the book out before the holidays. However, given the likely reliance of the player charts in the book, they are taking extra care to make sure there aren't any typographical errors in that regard (and there are a lot of charts). I will reconnect with the publisher over the next week to see if the proofing is done by then and if the December 15th date is still likely at that point.

In addition, we have been working with our site developer to improve our process for loading the player charts on the GUU site. At this point, we have about 80 more charts we need to add to have all the charts available on GUU (there are nearly 140 in all). I confirmed with our developer this morning that we should have about half of the remaining charts (about 40) online by the end of November and the other remaining half (the other 40) by December 15th to coincide with the potential release date.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I hope everyone can see by the book excerpt Mike Specht used in his post about factory records (linked below) that this book is going to be an indispensable resource for game used bat collectors:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=5363

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

BoneRubbedBat
11-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the update. I can't even fathom the amount of data that needs to be proofed. I, for one, am willing to give it a few extra weeks to make sure of it's accuracy.

Anxiously awaiting,

Marcus