PDA

View Full Version : WILSON tagging HELP

DantleyHOF
05-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi Forum,

I am trying to figure out what year this game used jersey is from. It is a game used player worn college jersey. Wilson is the brand.

On back of the Wilson Size tag HZ (I am sure that the HZ will tell me which year it is from). I am thinking early 1990's. B.F.

sox83cubs84
05-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Can't see the jersey, but with the H year, sounds like 1995, assuing it is a 1990s issue.

Dave Miedema

RaiderNationPDX
05-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Z would indicate the month of December, if I'm not mistaken.

DantleyHOF
05-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Can't see the jersey, but with the H year, sounds like 1995, assuing it is a 1990s issue.

Dave Miedema

Hi Dave,

Thanks for answering my question. Doesn't the H would be 8 (1998) and not 1995 like you stated. The Z letter according to RaiderNationPDX would be the month 12.

Dave you know all about Wilson and the year and month. Can you tell me about the Wilson tag style. Thought it will be like Rawlings baseball glove. Where you can date it easy. B.F.

DantleyHOF
05-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Z would indicate the month of December, if I'm not mistaken.

RaiderNationPDX,
Thanks for your help. Was Dave right about the H letter being from 1995. Thought it was 8 and its from 1998. Your Z theory would be 12 and Dave being 1995. B.F.

sox83cubs84
05-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for answering my question. Doesn't the H would be 8 (1998) and not 1995 like you stated. The Z letter according to RaiderNationPDX would be the month 12.

Dave you know all about Wilson and the year and month. Can you tell me about the Wilson tag style. Thought it will be like Rawlings baseball glove. Where you can date it easy. B.F.

The Wilson dating codes start with the year ending in 8...A-1988 (or 1978, 1998, etc.), B=1989, C=1990, etc. The sequence does not begin in 1990 or 1991 in regards to this item.

Dave Miedema

DantleyHOF
05-23-2011, 12:31 AM
The Wilson dating codes start with the year ending in 8...A-1988 (or 1978, 1998, etc.), B=1989, C=1990, etc. The sequence does not begin in 1990 or 1991 in regards to this item.

Dave Miedema

Dave,
Thanks for helping me on this. According to Raider Z letter stands for the month. Is that true? What does the Z letter stand for? The month?

12/1995 would of been used in 1996. Since college baseball doesn't start till in March. I have a Houston Cougars game used player baseball jersey. It is mesh style. Can you you tell me from that picture I had posted. What year style is that tag from? Have a nice night. B.F.

RaiderNationPDX
05-23-2011, 01:54 AM
The Wilson date codes, both from my own observation (they use the same codes on footballs) as well as what others on the forum have posted in past threads is that the first letter represents the year, with "A" being a year that ends in 8 and "K" being a year ending in 7. By my observation, "I" is not used, since there are 11 letters for 10 years, though I may be incorrect with this. Feel free to correct me on this.

As for the second letter, "O" indicates January while "Z" indicates December. All of these codes indicate when they were manufactured, not necessarily when they were implemented by the team, so presuming that a December 1995 jersey saw use in 1996 is likely accurate.

For example, the most recent football I picked up bore the production code of "CV," indicating a year ending in zero (2010, since it's a new-style Duke) and the month of August (since "V" is the 8th letter in the month sequence).

Hope this helps, and trust that if I'm off base on anything, someone more knowledgeable can chime in to correct.

DantleyHOF
05-23-2011, 08:06 PM
The Wilson date codes, both from my own observation (they use the same codes on footballs) as well as what others on the forum have posted in past threads is that the first letter represents the year, with "A" being a year that ends in 8 and "K" being a year ending in 7. By my observation, "I" is not used, since there are 11 letters for 10 years, though I may be incorrect with this. Feel free to correct me on this.

As for the second letter, "O" indicates January while "Z" indicates December. All of these codes indicate when they were manufactured, not necessarily when they were implemented by the team, so presuming that a December 1995 jersey saw use in 1996 is likely accurate.

For example, the most recent football I picked up bore the production code of "CV," indicating a year ending in zero (2010, since it's a new-style Duke) and the month of August (since "V" is the 8th letter in the month sequence).

Hope this helps, and trust that if I'm off base on anything, someone more knowledgeable can chime in to correct.

RaiderNation,

Thanks for all your help explaining this to me. This should explain everything baseball related. To what season it is from.

I have a game used college football jersey.
Wilson tagging on back On back has GT.
According to you. G (1994 year). Would the T Stand for 6th month it was produced? Just let me know. Have a nice day. B.F.

RaiderNationPDX
05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
You'd be correct, by my understanding of Wilson's coding. If the style dates to the '90s, "G" would be '94 and "T" would be June.

DantleyHOF
05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
You'd be correct, by my understanding of Wilson's coding. If the style dates to the '90s, "G" would be '94 and "T" would be June.
RaiderNation,

Once again, thanks for all your help explaining this to me. Now I need help with the Rawlings tags. Have a nice night. B.F.

solarlottry
05-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Wilson tagged some shirts this way with the 1st letter for year and the second for the month.

Year-A 1988
B-89
C-90
D-91
E-92
F-93
G-94
H-95

the month began with Z for december i believe. Wilson did not tag all the football jerseys the same. Some were tagged and some were not even though they were used in the same year. I have some shirts tagged CV that were used in 1994 and so on. Sometimes the letter dating system was on its own little flag off of the larger tag or sometimes it was on the size flag itself.

I have rarely seen any shirts with the G or H tags in football but they may have done it for baseball as i only collect football. The 49ers stopped using Wilson in 1995 and very few of their 1995 shirts had the H year tag.

I have posted various tags to check out. One is a size 46 Montana from 1990 with a CT tag which was used vs. the Rams on 11/25/90. The others are various tags some of which are from shirts tagged 1992 but used in 1994.

Always buying 1994 49ers gamers and other quality shirts/players and paying a generous finders fee!!!!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com
Aloha

DantleyHOF
05-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Wilson tagged some shirts this way with the 1st letter for year and the second for the month.

Year-A 1988
B-89
C-90
D-91
E-92
F-93
G-94
H-95

the month began with Z for december i believe. Wilson did not tag all the football jerseys the same. Some were tagged and some were not even though they were used in the same year. I have some shirts tagged CV that were used in 1994 and so on. Sometimes the letter dating system was on its own little flag off of the larger tag or sometimes it was on the size flag itself.

I have rarely seen any shirts with the G or H tags in football but they may have done it for baseball as i only collect football. The 49ers stopped using Wilson in 1995 and very few of their 1995 shirts had the H year tag.

I have posted various tags to check out. One is a size 46 Montana from 1990 with a CT tag which was used vs. the Rams on 11/25/90. The others are various tags some of which are from shirts tagged 1992 but used in 1994.

Always buying 1994 49ers gamers and other quality shirts/players and paying a generous finders fee!!!!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com
Aloha
Hi Paul,

Thanks for helping me with the year and month. Nice jerseys you own. Looking at your tags, its different than my tags. I am guessing the NFL game used player jerseys are different from College on tagging. Not on codes that is behind the Size/Washing tag in the collar. I have enclosed a picture of the Wilson tag on the botton of the game used college football jersey. Only codes are in the collar. Have a nice night. Do you know anything about Rawlings codes? B.F.