PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Tag Help!!

1831whiteswan
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Thank you in advance for your help.

I purchased this pair of shoes from another collector - not a member - as "game worn". The seller purchased the shoes 4 or 5 years ago. After the shoes where delievered today, I have a few concerns regarding the tag:

First and foremost the red stamped "give away". The seller does not have any information regarding the stamping. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated regarding the tagging would be appreciated!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/reddhead22/IMG_1935.jpg

primeradriver
05-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Let's see. First off, it's legit. By the tag it's an Air Jordan XVI (16). Judging by the time frame, size of the shoe and your signature it's presumably a Ray Allen PE.

Personally, I've never seen a "GIVE AWAY" stamp from Nike/Jordan. It's possible that it was stamped by a third party.

It's hard to say if it's game-used by just the picture of the inner tag but most gamers look the same. Creasing from use once or twice. Maybe some court dust on the bottom sole. Sometimes missing insoles.

It is also a possibility that these were never on Rays feet. Plenty of Jordan PE's are passed around/issued to employees, friends & family and even middlemen who sell to certain people etc.