PDA

View Full Version : Photo Match help with Mark Teixeira Jersey!

jsr418
05-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I have been a long time lurker here. I do not post that often but have learned an immense amount from some of the major contributors here. Last year, with the help of Tony, Bobby and some others, I was able to confirm with a photo match that I have the bat that Tex used to hit the walk off home run against the twins in the 09 ALDS in the bottom of the 11th inning. I just purchased a Tex home white 2008 Angels jersey that was listed as game used. It is listed as set 2 and the rest of the tagging appears correct but I am by no means an expert in this area.

I have not been able to find any photos anywhere that show the details of the stitching good enough yet. The one thing that made me buy this is that the MLB logo on the back of the neck is a tad off center and lines up pretty well with the E in his last name in one of the photos I found. I definitely saw another shot that shows the logo hovering over the "E" so it appears that he did wear a few different jerseys during his short stint in LA. I know that this is not concrete enough to call it a definitive match, but I am looking for some help (mlb tv hd screens, getty access etc) to help see if we can match this jersey to an actual gamer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks to all who contribute here for making this an enjoyable hobby!

First photos are the ones I found, followed by some shots that I took.

jsr418
05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Some more photos. Thanks everyone for taking a look!

Jay

Rob L
05-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the "5" lines up correctly under his name.

jsr418
05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the response Rob. Those were the only photos that I was able to even remotely see anything that resembled a match. Anyone have access to some better photos to see if there is anything here? I agree that the 5 appears off too. Didn't even think to look before.....

jsr418
05-26-2011, 01:46 PM
This one actually lines up a little better......

LastingsMilledge85
05-26-2011, 02:37 PM
You have that stain on the jersey, do you know what it is? By looking at the tags, that jersey doesn't look if it was worn much if at all. The stain helps the case of it being a used jersey, but those stags just stuck out to me. Keep looking though, you may find something to give you more evidence to go on.

Rob L
05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Still don't see a match. The right leg of the "A" doesn't line up with the 5 correctly, IMHO.

05-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi Jay,

I can probably tell you more about this jersey. Please post your e-mail or allow private messages.

Thanks,
Tom Duino

jsr418
05-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Tom,

Please email me at jsr418@aol.com. I would love to hear any info that you have. I definitely agree that the photos I posted are not matches. I did make a list of every home game that Tex played for the Angels and realized that out of well over 20, the photos available to me have only been able to eliminate about 3 or 4 total games. The rest are fair game as I do not have any photos that are good enough to find anything. Jersey IMO has light wear but appears to have been washed as evident of the curled wash tag. Thanks to everyone who has chimed in so far. If anyone else has any ideas or resources to help me find a match, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Jay