PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever purchased from www.gamewornuniforms.com ?

bdeol4
05-27-2011, 12:35 PM
hey guys,

I am thinking of purchasing an item from www.gamewornuniforms.com I emailed them asking if there item come with an loa. I got a reply back saying an loa would be provided from gamewornuniforms.com

Has anyone purchased from the website, who can vouch if the items on the site are legit?

Dont want to get burned....please let me know your opinons/experiences.

Thanks!

bdeol4
05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
To be more specific I am looking at getting a pair of Vince Carter game worn shoes...

http://www.gamewornuniforms.com/catalog/nbagameshoesvincecartercustomshoes-c-481_75_727.php

NEFAN
05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I bought a GU Jersey from them once, and happened to meet the player who assured me it was not his since he had the only 2 jerseys he wore in the pros, 4 games. They did begrudgingly return my money, but, put the jersey right back on their site. I would be wary.

solarlottry
05-27-2011, 03:55 PM
I have purchased at least 20 49ers shirts from Wayne Otto and have never had a problem. They are all authentic gamers and most show good game use. He generally buys a teams entire inventory and then sells it. His pricing changes from time to time though. When you call he will give you one price but the online price may be better! So just make sure you are getting the best price.

I dont know about his other items but i do know that ALL of his 49ers stuff is directly from the team and authentic.

If you call them they are VERY EASY to deal with and quite cool. They ship cheaply and quickly via priority mail and i have never had an issue.

Always buying 49ers shirts!
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

chd49er
05-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Paul is exactly right. I have purchased many many 49er game used item from them as well and have never had an issue. They are great to deal with. Wayne has been in the industry for 30 years and from being in the industry for this amount of time and dealing directly with the teams equipment managers he has been able to establish these relationships. His store is about 2 hours fromwhere I live and I go digging for 9er gear every couple months. If you have been to his store you nor anyone else would question any of his items being game used. I would trust his items being game used over any auction house as I know for a fact that he deals directly with teams equipment managers and purchases game used gear in bulk directly from the team. I have seen it first hand and his items are no doubt legitimate. If possible, go to his store and see for yourself. If anyone has told you different, I would first question them and make sure you have concrete evidence proving differently. Hear say is crap and can ruin the reputation of the few legitimate game used dealers currently in the industry. Get concrete evidence proving differently which I seriously doubt you will be able to get. Most players dont have a clue of how may jerseys etc. the team really has for them as back up. I can assure you that his items do in fact come directly from the team through the teams current equipment manager.

Hope this helped.

Of course, as with Paul, I want you to buy your 49er stuff!!!!!!

Clay
cdubois@carolina.rr.com

chd49er
05-27-2011, 05:47 PM
I meant, want to buy your 49er stuff!!!!!!!

Thought I would correct that before someone on here busted my balls about it.

Clay

chd49er
05-27-2011, 06:10 PM
I will add this, all items he sells do come directly from the team but I have seen some that may have been back ups (issued). If they show any wear then they have been game worn. Just call and ask and they will answer any and all of your questions. I believe it it safe to say that once anyone laid their eyes on the amount of inventory he has they would be blown away.

Clay

tom1315
05-27-2011, 06:39 PM
I have purchased a game used Duke Blue Devils helmet (like one in their current auction) from them and some basketball shorts - not game worn Univ of Washington sold as new - no problems.

Like most sellers do your homework and ask questions.

Tom

Go Pack! N C State 1981 graduate

sox83cubs84
05-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Wayne is a great guy, and an honest person, but leaves much to be desired in terms of research. Misidentified (by player. year,etc.) items are not terribly uncommon. My only caution is to research a potential purchase to see if an item maybe has a better or diferent history than what he decribes.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
05-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I bought a GU Jersey from them once, and happened to meet the player who assured me it was not his since he had the only 2 jerseys he wore in the pros, 4 games. They did begrudgingly return my money, but, put the jersey right back on their site. I would be wary.

Players in sports have occasionally been known to make half-assed comments on the authenticity of the items fans show them. Two prime examples were Wade Boggs and Randy Myers. Both generally dissed any items fans had as not being genuine. Boggs would ask what year a fan's jersey was from, and respond...whatever year you said...that "That isn't real...I have all my jerseys from that year."

Myers pooh-poohed jerseys in circulation of his, as well. He once declared a 1994 Cubs home he wore that was in the auction of a charity we were both involved with to be a fake...I bought it, and, seeing a patch imprint on the right sleeve below the existing patch, discovered that it was his 1994 All-Star Game jersey.

Steve Trachsel is another guy who insists that he has all his jerseys except for one that same charity auctioned off in 1994. Take a player's negative comments with a grain of salt...he may just enjoy jerking people around, or he may actually not know.

Dave Miedema

chd49er
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Dave, you have very valid points on what you said. I only collect 49ers game used stuff so I have no idea about other sports. I will say as you said, if you don't do your home work then don't buy from anyone. His NFL stuff is easy to tell and from what I have seen the other sports would be too. That being said jerseys are even easier but the pants are where the more difficult research came for me. Matching up the pants to the exact year of the jerseys in order to obtain complete uniforms has been the most time consuming. Just because the number the equipment manager wrote in the pants leads you to believe it is a certain player does not always mean it is the player you were hoping it was. At least on 9er gear there are many small factors that dictate the years certain pants were worn. I spent many many hours researching game footage and photos from the late 80's and 90's in order to be able to confirm the years the pants were worn. After, confirming the years, I referenced the numbers in the pants and then identified the player that wore them that year. It was a lot of work but I know for a fact, the pants I have, match the jerseys I have, from the same specific year, player and even some specific games in which they were worn. I think its just cool to have complete uniforms that match specifically to the year and some to the game of the jersey and player.

Clay

SELL ME YOUR GAME USED 49ER HELMETS AND CLEATS TO COMPLETE MY UNIFORMS!!!!!!!

cdubois@carolina.rr.com