PDA

View Full Version : another ebay shmuck to be aware of!

momen55
05-31-2011, 11:03 AM
this person, jerseys4thewin, which i sold something to on the 29th, after one day, since i didn't send the item nor remove it from ebay because it was an off ebay transaction, minf you, that yesterday was an off day and i was gone with my family, emailed me to refund his/her money.

ok. rather than stir up trouble, i refunded the money. after i did so, the person sends me stupid emails stating i only refunded $5!

as far as i am concerned, they are trying to extort more money which i have already reported. just stay away. i am sure they have done this before and will continue. :mad:

momen55
05-31-2011, 11:05 AM
oh, and if that person is here, sorry, but you don't do that crap to others!

Mattapan03
05-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Im still not following what happened. Can you explain in better detail? Ive bought from him on a few occasions and never had a problem.

momen55
05-31-2011, 11:20 AM
we agreed on a sale on the 29th off ebay; fine. he paid. fine. i was gone yesterday like most people. when i checked my email last night, his email read "to end the auction or issue a refund".
the item did have bids anyway so i don't see any problem. i emailed back that i was gone and i would get to it. now today the 31st i hceck my email, he emailed back, to refund, which i did this morning.
now he is claiming i only issued a $5 refund! what the crap? and now he won't stop harrassing. he has sent me 2 more emails since i posted this.

momen55
05-31-2011, 11:24 AM
i just checked my emails and have 2 more from this clown. after all the drama, he says he still wants the item! :confused:

commando
05-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Your Paypal account gives a detailed listing of everything you do, whether it is accepting or sending money. If you really did refund all of his money, I would not worry about it. He does not have a leg to stand on.

Hope this works out well for you !

freddiefreeman5
05-31-2011, 12:16 PM
I would have ended the auction right after he paid. Just my opinion.

Jags Fan Dan
05-31-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't blame him for being uneasy if he paid and the item was still out there for sale. But it sounds like he freaked out pretty good.

freddiefreeman5
05-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, it sounds like he is very gun shy. Maybe he has been burned before?

jppopma
05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
We have all been burned before, but you need to have some tact and know how to deal with people. Personally, I would chose not to do business with someone that goes in so many circles. The wanting money back, saying its not enough, and then wanting the item again should be a red flag.

halzeus
05-31-2011, 11:29 PM
I've bought a few retail jerseys from him. I had no trouble at all.

Fast shipping, easy to deal with.

Everyone has a bad transaction once in awhile.

momen55
06-01-2011, 07:35 AM
We have all been burned before, but you need to have some tact and know how to deal with people. Personally, I would chose not to do business with someone that goes in so many circles. The wanting money back, saying its not enough, and then wanting the item again should be a red flag.

he emailed back ststing he wanted the jersey. i won't deal with him. in fact, i didn't reply. waste of time if you ask me.

legaleagle92481
06-01-2011, 09:26 AM
IMO your wrong here. In today's day and age being "out" is no excuse. Who doesn't have a cellphone with Internet ability? Noone would say you should have been glued to your phone but you seem to have known he paid before you went to end the auction so the second you found that out you were obligated to end the auction immediately. The second he paid it was his item and no longer yours to sell. His reaction was a freak out but buyers do that alot (if I posted about it everytime it happened to me I would have 100s of threads on here) as far as the $5 claim, he is an experienced Ebayer he was not trying to scam you he was well aware I am sure that the Paypal record would refute any claim he had that you only gave him $5 back.

momen55
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
IMO your wrong here. In today's day and age being "out" is no excuse. Who doesn't have a cellphone with Internet ability? Noone would say you should have been glued to your phone but you seem to have known he paid before you went to end the auction so the second you found that out you were obligated to end the auction immediately. The second he paid it was his item and no longer yours to sell. His reaction was a freak out but buyers do that alot (if I posted about it everytime it happened to me I would have 100s of threads on here) as far as the $5 claim, he is an experienced Ebayer he was not trying to scam you he was well aware I am sure that the Paypal record would refute any claim he had that you only gave him $5 back.

perhaps. i guess he will have to find another item somewhere else. i won't deal with him again.

TNTtoys
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
The whole premise for his thread is ridiculous. For starters, you have formally announced that you violated ebay's policies by agreeing to end the auction early and sell the item off of ebay. Next, you have a hard time with your buyer's request to either end the listing (1 day later) or refund his money?

After your buyer paid, you left the item up on ebay for sale for a day. You wonder why your buyer got nervous? You do cite that it was okay because there were no bids, but how would you know in advance that nobody would bid on your item for the next 24 hours? Suppose someone did bid, now you have 2 buyers for the same item? And one who paid and is obviously nervous (or growing more and more agitated) with the way you're managing this sale... You have his money and the item in which he bought for you is still fair game for someone else to buy!

Along with others who have chimed in here, I do not agree that you handled this correctly, and do not think you are in any position whatsoever to call him out.

otismalibu
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Leaving an item up on eBay when it's spoken for will only lead to problems, unless you're looking for a better deal.

Contacted eBayer sportslot last year about buying a pair of photos from the same early 70s tourney. One game action, one trophy presentation. Struck a deal and paid him directly for both photos. Instead of letting me know he could only locate one of the photos, he just shipped one and refunded my money for the other. I didn't even know which one I was getting until it arrived. I was really only interested in the pair. Said he'd keep an eye out for the other one and would sell it to me for $5 less if they found it.

A month or so back, I see they have the 2nd photo listed again. The one I paid for and was refunded. They'd just listed it...still 29+ days left. I called and told them that I was promised that photo, but they didn't take it down. Another employee emailed me and agreed to sell it to me for the price he promised. Still didn't take it down. So while I'm asking him how he wants to get paid (make offer on eBay auction) or Paypal directly, someone else starts making offers on the photo. This is a week after my initial call. So of course, they accept the offer from the eBayer, because it's more than the price I was promised.

I call the very next morning and they say the photo has already shipped. They can't end an auction in 7 days, but they can ship an item just hours after it ends. I call BS.

jppopma
06-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Way way too many sellers that cancel auctions on Ebay. We've all been around and around about this before...but there are items that I miss out on because I put the money aside for another auction (which then get cancelled early).

It's funny to see some of the same sellers playing the holy roles on here.

I don't blame Momem for not wanting to deal with this person. Legale, while we are all connected...I for one enjoy my time with my family and ignoring me cell for a while.

jobathenut
06-03-2011, 12:55 AM
I dont have a cell phone with internet ability.Its a little highbrow to assume everyone has one of those phones.Not all of us are making that kind of money that we can afford to buy such fancy phones.And not everyone has cell phones either.Sorry legaleagle-but you were wrong yourself-

legaleagle92481
06-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I dont have a cell phone with internet ability.Its a little highbrow to assume everyone has one of those phones.Not all of us are making that kind of money that we can afford to buy such fancy phones.And not everyone has cell phones either.Sorry legaleagle-but you were wrong yourself-

The way I read the facts when I posted was he knew the guy paid, then he at a later point ended the auction. If that is incorrect I apologize. My point was he should have ended the auction as soon as he confirmed payment was received and was in fct obligated to IMO. I suspected that he confirmed payment by going online on his cellphone if he could not end the auction because he was out. Thats why I said that.

sox83cubs84
06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Joba, I agree with you. I don't have a cell phone, don't want a cell phone, and have no plans of buying a cell phone. When I'm out, I want to enjoy what I'm doing, and not be interrupted. I check all of my email accounts daily, at least, so that's gonna have to suffice.

Dave Miedema

Mark17
06-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I once purchased a bat that was on ebay, listed by a very well-known dealer whom I've bought a lot of stuff from. It was a premium item, over $2,000. After we agreed to the price, I got a MO out the next day, Priority Mail, and sat at my computer, gut twisting, because the bat was still listed. Finally, the listing was ended, but until then I was very nervous and wondering what was going on. Fortunately, it was a very honest dealer. In fact, he did receive another offer - $100 higher than mine, but he honored our deal.

In my opinion, if you sell an item, get it off ebay ASAP. If you can't because you're away, then fully explain that fact to the buyer. But don't blame the guy for getting nervous seeing an item he's already bought, still being offered for sale.