Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • momen55
    • Aug 2006

another ebay shmuck to be aware of!

this person, jerseys4thewin, which i sold something to on the 29th, after one day, since i didn't send the item nor remove it from ebay because it was an off ebay transaction, minf you, that yesterday was an off day and i was gone with my family, emailed me to refund his/her money.

ok. rather than stir up trouble, i refunded the money. after i did so, the person sends me stupid emails stating i only refunded $5!

as far as i am concerned, they are trying to extort more money which i have already reported. just stay away. i am sure they have done this before and will continue.
  • momen55
    • Aug 2006

Re: another ebay shmuck to be aware of!

oh, and if that person is here, sorry, but you don't do that crap to others!

Comment

• Mattapan03
      • Mar 2010

Im still not following what happened. Can you explain in better detail? Ive bought from him on a few occasions and never had a problem.

Comment

• momen55
        • Aug 2006

we agreed on a sale on the 29th off ebay; fine. he paid. fine. i was gone yesterday like most people. when i checked my email last night, his email read "to end the auction or issue a refund".
        the item did have bids anyway so i don't see any problem. i emailed back that i was gone and i would get to it. now today the 31st i hceck my email, he emailed back, to refund, which i did this morning.
        now he is claiming i only issued a $5 refund! what the crap? and now he won't stop harrassing. he has sent me 2 more emails since i posted this.

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

i just checked my emails and have 2 more from this clown. after all the drama, he says he still wants the item!

Comment

• commando
            • Nov 2007

Your Paypal account gives a detailed listing of everything you do, whether it is accepting or sending money. If you really did refund all of his money, I would not worry about it. He does not have a leg to stand on.

Hope this works out well for you !
            sigpic
            Anthony Nunez
            Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
            www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

I would have ended the auction right after he paid. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                • Apr 2007

I don't blame him for being uneasy if he paid and the item was still out there for sale. But it sounds like he freaked out pretty good.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Yeah, it sounds like he is very gun shy. Maybe he has been burned before?

Comment

• jppopma
                    • Mar 2006

We have all been burned before, but you need to have some tact and know how to deal with people. Personally, I would chose not to do business with someone that goes in so many circles. The wanting money back, saying its not enough, and then wanting the item again should be a red flag.

Comment

• halzeus
                      • Apr 2008

I've bought a few retail jerseys from him. I had no trouble at all.

Fast shipping, easy to deal with.

Everyone has a bad transaction once in awhile.

Comment

• momen55
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jppopma
                        We have all been burned before, but you need to have some tact and know how to deal with people. Personally, I would chose not to do business with someone that goes in so many circles. The wanting money back, saying its not enough, and then wanting the item again should be a red flag.
                        he emailed back ststing he wanted the jersey. i won't deal with him. in fact, i didn't reply. waste of time if you ask me.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

IMO your wrong here. In today's day and age being "out" is no excuse. Who doesn't have a cellphone with Internet ability? Noone would say you should have been glued to your phone but you seem to have known he paid before you went to end the auction so the second you found that out you were obligated to end the auction immediately. The second he paid it was his item and no longer yours to sell. His reaction was a freak out but buyers do that alot (if I posted about it everytime it happened to me I would have 100s of threads on here) as far as the $5 claim, he is an experienced Ebayer he was not trying to scam you he was well aware I am sure that the Paypal record would refute any claim he had that you only gave him $5 back.

Comment

• momen55
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                            IMO your wrong here. In today's day and age being "out" is no excuse. Who doesn't have a cellphone with Internet ability? Noone would say you should have been glued to your phone but you seem to have known he paid before you went to end the auction so the second you found that out you were obligated to end the auction immediately. The second he paid it was his item and no longer yours to sell. His reaction was a freak out but buyers do that alot (if I posted about it everytime it happened to me I would have 100s of threads on here) as far as the $5 claim, he is an experienced Ebayer he was not trying to scam you he was well aware I am sure that the Paypal record would refute any claim he had that you only gave him $5 back.
                            perhaps. i guess he will have to find another item somewhere else. i won't deal with him again.

Comment

• TNTtoys
                              • Aug 2006

The whole premise for his thread is ridiculous. For starters, you have formally announced that you violated ebay's policies by agreeing to end the auction early and sell the item off of ebay. Next, you have a hard time with your buyer's request to either end the listing (1 day later) or refund his money?

After your buyer paid, you left the item up on ebay for sale for a day. You wonder why your buyer got nervous? You do cite that it was okay because there were no bids, but how would you know in advance that nobody would bid on your item for the next 24 hours? Suppose someone did bid, now you have 2 buyers for the same item? And one who paid and is obviously nervous (or growing more and more agitated) with the way you're managing this sale... You have his money and the item in which he bought for you is still fair game for someone else to buy!

Along with others who have chimed in here, I do not agree that you handled this correctly, and do not think you are in any position whatsoever to call him out.
                              Looking for ...
                              Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                              Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                              Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...