PDA

View Full Version : BMH or Anyone Else: Knob Question

flota89
06-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know why this bat, used in 2011, doesn't have the usual LVS engraving? Thanks for any help.

CampWest
06-02-2011, 11:28 AM
excellent question, been wondering the same thing... possibly a Berkman special request? Has anybody seen this on anyone else's bats? Curious too why the length but not the weight??? :confused:

flota89
06-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe the other engraving process quit working for a while?

rdeversole
06-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I found myself weary of these bats for some reason. The seller had multiples and the didn't have much use and then that weird knob marking. I am interested in finding out if they marked certain bats this way though.

flota89
06-02-2011, 02:09 PM
They appear real to me, but I am really curious why the knob is marked that way. Hopefully an LVS expert can give us some insight.

CampWest
06-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I found myself weary of these bats for some reason. The seller had multiples and the didn't have much use and then that weird knob marking. I am interested in finding out if they marked certain bats this way though.

I was skeptical because the same bat was pictured in two separate auctions, ending one day apart...

ending 5/30
http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-CARDINALS-LANCE-BERKMAN-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-BAT-/160592551689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25640fdf09

ending 5/31
http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-CARDINALS-LANCE-BERKMAN-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-BAT-/160593096894?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25641830be

The only difference I could see was one was photo'ed against a white background, the other against a blue background...

Listed one day apart, with private identity bidders and ending within $2.27 of each other.

Thats the part that makes no sense to me... Why duplicate listings, with same pics against different backgrounds and possible shill bidding because of the private bidder identity... I dunno, maybe an honest mistake with the photos...

Q: Hello,How did you obtain the bat,if I may ask? Thank You for any correspondence.
A: got several of them during spring training. Thats all I can say
May 26, 2011 Q: How was bat obtained. Thanks
A: I obtained a few during spring training, that's all I can say

flota89
06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I was told he had a few bats. It appears there are two bats in one of the auctions. Maybe an honest mistake? So no one knows anything about the knob? I`m pretty curious.

astros5.7
06-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I asked why he had the exact same bats listed in two auctions, his response is below.

Dear astros5.7,

because I own several of them! and I am auctioning two of them? why would you ask, thats not unusual....

- realsuperdave

I don't see a legit reason to hide buyers id or the bid history, so that was enough for me to stay away.

flota89
06-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey everyone, I didn't mean to start this spread as to the authenticity of the bats. I believe them to be authentic. I'm just curious why they weren't stamped normally.

tigerdale
06-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Just reading this thread for the first time, I noticed the ebay seller realsuperdave..he sold 'retail' Ivan Rodriguez yankee bats as game used to myself and another member here....by the time I found out it was retail (BMH said that model was a retail only, no line even under the 125) the seller quit answering my emails & refused a refund.....

flota89
06-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Just reading this thread for the first time, I noticed the ebay seller realsuperdave..he sold 'retail' Ivan Rodriguez yankee bats as game used to myself and another member here....by the time I found out it was retail (BMH said that model was a retail only, no line even under the 125) the seller quit answering my emails & refused a refund.....
Hey, can you shoot me an email? I'm curious about this story.

flota89
06-04-2011, 01:43 PM
bump. Anything out there?

BMH
06-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I've been out of the office since April 24th. I've been on an extended vacation;)

But, I will tell you unless there is a mistake, all Pro orders will have the date, length and weight on the knob. Our BPAS bats will have the date, model number and length engraved into the knob. Like I said, I haven't been there in a while and cannot verify we didn't do this on accident but I doubt it.

There are my two cents.

BMH
06-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Ok, took the time to check out the ebay links. Yeah, those are BPAS bats. Lance hasn't ordered cupped bats since 2008. Those were a mistake and put into our BPAS racks for triple A players.

Sorry to whoever bought that one for 200+, it cost the player $28 to buy from us.

CampWest
06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Brian, Thanks for being such a great resource! Very much appreciated.

flota89
06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Thank you very much Brian. Looks like I'll need to ask for a refund :mad: . The seller even told me it's guaranteed authentic.