PDA

View Full Version : Jose Bautista Game Used Items

schubert1970
06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I've been posting on the wanted section for several weeks now and wanted to show some of the items I've picked up the past 2 months. Also, I have his game used 2010 All-Star bp jersey on the way. Once I photo match, I'll post the pics.

2004 Rookie game used Pirate jersey

2004 game used Orioles jersey - Special thanks to Geoff, never thought I'd find this one, super rare. (Only need the Ray and Royal jerseys to complete the rookie year collection)

Pirate game used bat

Game used batting gloves

HR ball from 7/25/10 againt the Tigers - Big thanks to Ryan for this one.

3rd HR ball from 5/15/11 against the Twins (I'm posting the story about this ball because it's really funny...the person who wrote this is a big Twins fan)

He hits that one in to center right field right near the flag poles. As is custom here in Twin's Territory the lucky fan that caught the ball throws it back on to the field. Michael Cuddyer picks the ball up and throws it to the groundskeeper who sits right in front of my season ticket seats. I am in Section 104. The groundskeeper then hands the ball to my daughter. Now, earlier that day Matt Tolbert threw my son a ball just after the warm up. These are great seats and definitely the place to be during the warm up. Lots of balls come up in to the stands here.
So, needless to say my daughter is very excited but to her a ball is a ball and she doesn't understand the significance of her ball. So my son and daughter are comparing balls and decide to trade. A few minutes later the 1st base umpire comes over and says "Young lady, that man might play baseball for another 15 years and never hit 3 Home Runs in one game ever again. Could I give you this ball for yours so I can give him back his ball.
And you guessed, my daughter hands over the wrong ball!
Well, we think surely Mr. Bautista will come over to say thank you and when he does we can fix the error. Unfortunately, he didn't take the time to do that so he is now the owner of Matt Tolbert's practice ball. His loss is your gain and you can own a piece of history!

You are bidding on the REAL 3rd Home Run Ball that you see in my daughter's hand on the jumbotron picture. I will also send along my ticket and anything else you need to verify this event.
Now if for some reason Mr. Bautista reads this and wants his ball back we will consider ending the auction early so we can do the right thing. Otherwise Good Luck, Happy Bidding and remember, saying thank you can be more important than you think.

Dewey2007
06-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Nice pickups! I guess you now have an official Jose Bautista player collection on your hands!

5toolplayer
06-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Damn I want that Bucco bat!!!

joecoco
06-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I love the Pirates road jerseys. Pretty cool "player collection!"
- Joe

angels18
06-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Great Bautista items! Here is his pink Mother's Day bat 2009. I won this on MLB Auctions as the only bidder, before he started hitting all the home runs. I had him sign it in person after purchasing.

geoff
06-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the props on the jersey.I know you will enjoy it for a long time like we talked about.

schubert1970
06-10-2011, 01:00 PM
2010 All Star BP Jersey

ncbadges
06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Looks like you struck it rich! Great collection.

ncb

schubert1970
06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks to fellow forum member Jake for selling me this Oriole opening day name plate for Jose Bautista in 2004. Odd enough, his jersey number in spring training was #80, but in the regular season he was #14. He really must have been low man on the totum pole or they just didn't have enough time to make another plate. When Jose comes to Oakland I'll ask him.

By the way, does anyone have a pic of Jose wearing #14 for the Orioles?

Hopefully I'll be able the get the jersey framed with this plate.

jake33
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
honestly those Orioles locker plates are the best I have seen, great 50th logo and opening day logo also very tall and wide looking plates that will frame great

schubert1970
07-06-2011, 09:57 PM
My new Bautista pick-ups. I'm not big on collecting minor league jerseys, but I coudn't pass up on these.

These are the first three professional jerseys that Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista wore in 2001 for the Williamsport Crosscutters. Jose Played 62 games for the Crosscutters that season and hit 5 home runs.

Home, away and batting practice jerseys, all number 27 with a Certificate of Authenticity from the Crosscutters.

geoff
07-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Nice looking jerseys

NegleyPirate
07-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Here are some pic's of my Jose Bautista game used Pirate's bat.

NegleyPirate
07-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't know why the pic's didn't load up. Hopefully it will work this time.

moosemick14
07-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Game Issued Glove

schubert1970
07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I was finally able to find a photo of Bautista wearing his regular season Orioles jersey from 2004. I was reading the Sports Illustrated artice on Bautista last night and there was a thumbnail pic of him wearing his regular season Orioles jersey. After a little bit of reseach, I was able to find the web site the picture came from plus two additional pics.

Also, as a bonus I was able to photomatch the jersey with the first pic! Thankfuly there are two long black threads showing against the white of the jersey that will be easier to notice if I can get a hi-rez pic. I'm trying to find out if I can purchase these from sportpics.

Getty has a bunch of pics of Bautista from spring training wearing number 80.

schubert1970
08-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Few more items to add to the list.

2001 Zinger game used bat and 2011 game used All-Star HR Derby BP jersey.

schubert1970
09-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks to some fellow from members I was able to get a game used 2010 SAM bat and a 2011 Marucci that I was able to photomatch to HR#33 against the Rays.

5toolplayer
09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey bro....shoot me an email. I would like to know how u got the 2011 BP jersey and the price you paid. I got the Granderson Jersey and although he was only there cheering on Cano I paid a HIGH price. Thanks

dlipka
04-22-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't know why the pic's didn't load up. Hopefully it will work this time.
Wanna sell the Bautista Pirates bat....email dlipka@hotmail.ca

yanks12025
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
With the home run ball how do you know it's still the ball. What if the guy who caught it in the out field, switched the ball with one they got in Bp.