PDA

View Full Version : Past Items ever seen again?

Swoboda4
09-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Has any member ever seen a game used item that they wanted,wish they had obtained it,and many years later see it elsewhere and finally obtain it?

Birdbats
09-03-2006, 01:43 PM
There was a Cardinals TBTC jersey worn by Gary Gaetti in August 1998. I actually owned it once, then traded it to a friend who eventually traded it to someone else. I saw it at a show about a year later (for $100 more than I had paid originally), thought about buying it back, but didn't... then someone else grabbed it.

About five years later, I was at a show in St. Louis and a dealer from the Philadelphia area had the jersey in his inventory. So I bought it back. And the best part is, I paid the same price as when I bought it the first time.

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com

Mike Grueber
09-03-2006, 04:43 PM
I once passed on a Tom Barrasso Team USA hockey jersey that was mis-identified as a soccer jersey in a Coach's Corner auction back in the 1980s. Approximately two years ago, the same jersey surfaced in an American Memorabilia auction and I was able to purchase it.

Mike Grueber

island_style
09-04-2006, 06:50 AM
First of all, great post, and I'd be interested to see what the Forum members post.

Mine is not an item that I passed on and later acquired. Rather, it's an item that I sold and was able to obtain it again.

I had a 1998 Benny Agbayani Mets home pinstripe jersey that I had sold to a fellow Forum member. Awhile back, I was able to get it back and have been so appreciative. I was later able to get Agbayani's road jersey from that season, so the two match together quite nicely. Much mahalo (thanks) to David Louie for making this happen. Along the way, I've acquired a nice Agbayani game used Colorado Rockies bat from him. IMO, David is one of the gems in the hobby.

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

metsbats
09-04-2006, 08:32 AM
First of all, great post, and I'd be interested to see what the Forum members post.

Mine is not an item that I passed on and later acquired. Rather, it's an item that I sold and was able to obtain it again.

I had a 1998 Benny Agbayani Mets home pinstripe jersey that I had sold to a fellow Forum member. Awhile back, I was able to get it back and have been so appreciative. I was later able to get Agbayani's road jersey from that season, so the two match together quite nicely. Much mahalo (thanks) to David Louie for making this happen. Along the way, I've acquired a nice Agbayani game used Colorado Rockies bat from him. IMO, David is one of the gems in the hobby.

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

My pleasure Ron. Thanks for the kind words. One of the nicest things about being in this hobby is being able to not only search for pieces you want but to help others get what they are looking for too.

PS: pls email me your address and I'll get the Dobbins article to you.

Kid4hof03
09-04-2006, 08:42 AM
I have to second the comments made about David, he is far and away one of the good guys!

Abe

metsbats
09-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I was bidding on ebay on a Lee Mazzilli game use bat which was actually used by David Cone during the 1987 season. I wanted the bat because it was probably one of the first bats Cone used that season because in March he was just traded to the Mets from the Royals. I was outbid and lost the bat. About a month later the winning bidder of the bat emailed me and offered me the bat at the SAME price he won it for as the customer he purchased the bat for decided he didn't want it. I still have this bat and to this day appreciate what that gentleman did for me. By the way, that gentleman's name is Jim Caravello.

-David

island_style
09-06-2006, 03:48 AM
You're welcome, David. I appreciate all the help you've given me in the past. My e-mail address is: Rsamiano@aol.com.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

sylbry
09-06-2006, 08:11 AM
I was the "first loser" on a 2001 Matt Lawton Turn Back the Clock Senators jersey at the beginning of the year on ebay. Within the past month the person who won the jersey relisted it on ebay. This time I won it, at two thirds the original purchase price. I was willing to pay much more than that being that the Turn Back the Clock jerseys are hard to find.

Now if I can only find a 1998 Turn Ahead the Clock (Other than the Puckett. Would love to have it, just can't afford it.) and a 1997 red alternate then I would be set.

indyred
09-06-2006, 08:32 AM
I was the "first loser" on a 2001 Matt Lawton Turn Back the Clock Senators jersey at the beginning of the year on ebay. Within the past month the person who won the jersey relisted it on ebay. This time I won it, at two thirds the original purchase price. I was willing to pay much more than that being that the Turn Back the Clock jerseys are hard to find.

Now if I can only find a 1998 Turn Ahead the Clock (Other than the Puckett. Would love to have it, just can't afford it.) and a 1997 red alternate then I would be set.
Wasn't the turn ahead games in 1999? I think there was one in 98 KC vs Seattle ......then it got expanded in 1999 to a bunch of teams. Did the Twins only used the red jersey once or twice in 97......Does anybody own one of them, i'd love to just see a picture of one...