PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bats

momen55
06-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Anyone Have Connections With Them? Or Know Someone That Can Get Them? I Like One Of Their Models, But Not For $140!

DJaeger22
06-06-2011, 11:19 AM
if youre looking to actually use it, maybe look for the blem bats. thats what i do when i need a new bat and theyre a fraction of the price.

momen55
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
yes for use.

DJaeger22
06-06-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.justbats.com/product.view.aspx?p=12742

ive never bought from them but the reviews look good

metsbats
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I stopped buying retail bats or custom ordered bats for myself from bat companies. The prices are high to the public and I'm not convinced we get the same quality wood as the pros.

Try buying game issued or lightly used pro player bats. I've been able to get cheaper common player pro bats to use myself.

camarokids
06-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I stopped buying retail bats or custom ordered bats for myself from bat companies. The prices are high to the public and I'm not convinced we get the same quality wood as the pros.

Try buying game issued or lightly used pro player bats. I've been able to get cheaper common player pro bats to use myself.

Exactly, look for common player uncracked bats on ebay. You can get good wood to use for cheap!!!

camarokids
06-06-2011, 10:10 PM
this bat here would be perfect.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHANE-SPENCER-GAME-USED-AUTOGRAPHED-UNCRACKED-BAT-/180678165362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a11420372

jppopma
06-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Momen, try to contact them and see if they will sell you a pro stock bat. You may get lucky and work out a deal. I managed to get a pro stock bat from another company last year (wasn't my intention, but it worked out well).

I went to the factory and had some very specific details that I wanted in the bat. (certain model, length, black, cupped, etc.) They checked their stock and did not have anything like that. The worker then said he would check one other area, and came out with the bat I wanted, but in a 34 incher. I noticed that it was a MLB pro stock bat, complete with the grain dot and the date stamped on it! I took a couple of swings and said that I could handle the extra inch and it looked good. I got worried when I realized that I just agreed to purchase a pro stock bat without even asking the price (like you mentioned...this company was pretty steep on their bat prices too). Turns out the guy gave me the team price, so I ended up with alot nicer bat and it was a bit less than the price I was originally going to pay.

So, if you check with Sam Bats....tell them every detail that you want your perfect bat to have. Maybe if alot of the things you want are "pro like" they may just conveniently have something that is not listed....or maybe I just got really really lucky!

momen55
06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Momen, try to contact them and see if they will sell you a pro stock bat. You may get lucky and work out a deal. I managed to get a pro stock bat from another company last year (wasn't my intention, but it worked out well).

I went to the factory and had some very specific details that I wanted in the bat. (certain model, length, black, cupped, etc.) They checked their stock and did not have anything like that. The worker then said he would check one other area, and came out with the bat I wanted, but in a 34 incher. I noticed that it was a MLB pro stock bat, complete with the grain dot and the date stamped on it! I took a couple of swings and said that I could handle the extra inch and it looked good. I got worried when I realized that I just agreed to purchase a pro stock bat without even asking the price (like you mentioned...this company was pretty steep on their bat prices too). Turns out the guy gave me the team price, so I ended up with alot nicer bat and it was a bit less than the price I was originally going to pay.

So, if you check with Sam Bats....tell them every detail that you want your perfect bat to have. Maybe if alot of the things you want are "pro like" they may just conveniently have something that is not listed....or maybe I just got really really lucky!

the model i want is listed on there site but $139! and yes i do check ebay and also have some pro models from fantasy camps and such.

jppopma
06-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Momen...you can try to call them up and say that you want a bat that has a certain grain count. If they tell you those are reserved for the pros. oh well. But if that can guarantee that in one of their $139 bats, it may be a nice bat to use.

Another option would be to check with any of the teams that you have contact with. Maybe that can order an extra bat with the rest of their (unmarked) stock bats.

Just some ideas. Best of luck, John