PDA

View Full Version : Will Josh Hamilton be remembered?

rangersfan1214
06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I've been thinking a lot about if Josh Hamilton will be remembered in 10 maybe even 20 years down the road for his couple big years and historic home run derby. I want to get you guys opinion on if you think he will be remembered and if his gamers, etc will still be worth anything without going to the Hall?

flota89
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I think Josh will be remembered as a great talent that just couldn't stay healthy or have much longevity. As far as his game used prices, I'd say they will go down after he is out of baseball, but he will always have a strong fanbase so they shouldn't ever hit "rick bottom." His story is pretty unique so that helps as far as being remembered.

Manram
06-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I think Josh will be remembered as a great talent that just couldn't stay healthy or have much longevity. As far as his game used prices, I'd say they will go down after he is out of baseball, but he will always have a strong fanbase so they shouldn't ever hit "rick bottom." His story is pretty unique so that helps as far as being remembered.

Thats what I was going to say. Because of his story and being a very good player when healthy he wil be remembered. I don't think there is any way the prices of his bats and stuff could keep up. They cost in the mid- upper price range of current players

Skizzick
06-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Josh Hamilton will probably be remembered more for his redemption story than for his career stats or play. He's 30 years old and has less than 100 home runs, and 331 RBI's. Unless he has some MONSTER years into his 40s, he is not going to be a HOFer, and his stuff will probably be worth the same amount as any other good player to borderline HOFer. Somebody like a Will Clark or Allen Trammel.

freddiefreeman5
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Everythime I see Hamilton I am reminded of the dangers of putting drugs into your body and the wasted years of his talent.
He is to be admired for being so candid about what he did to himself.
His greatest legacy though will be a lesson of why not to do drugs and alcohol.