Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Harper starting his cockiness

What happened to all these storys about Harper being a nice kid and all. He's only in Single-A and he's already starting to show up pitchers and the game of baseball. Could he stand and watch that homerun ball any longer, and then later blowing a kissing to the pitcher. In the majors if he did that, his next at-bat he would be hitting the dirt... What a joke...

And whats up with his mustache?
  • freddiefreeman5
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Re: Harper starting his cockiness

Many big league players like to stand and watch the ball when they hit a homerun.
    Many pitchers yell and pump their fist when they get an out.

The pitcher cussed him as he was rounding the bases. Harper blew him a kiss as he crossed home.

Harper, who is 18, didn't start a fight or cuss back. He puckered up his lips.

But lets not let fact get in the way of your prejudice.

Comment

• yanks12025
      • Jan 2006

Yeah he got cussed at because he was standing there and watching the ball leave the park. And Yes some major league players do and alot of them get looked at as showing them up, same when pitchers get out of hand sometimes.

And even if the pitcher was cussing at him, he should not be blowing kisses at the pitcher when it's his fault.

Comment

• yanks12025
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by freddiefreeman5
        Many big league players like to stand and watch the ball when they hit a homerun.
        Many pitchers yell and pump their fist when they get an out.

The pitcher cussed him as he was rounding the bases. Harper blew him a kiss as he crossed home.

Harper, who is 18, didn't start a fight or cuss back. He puckered up his lips.

But lets not let fact get in the way of your prejudice.
        Reread the article and no where does it say the pitcher was cussing at him. So how about you check your facts.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by yanks12025
          Reread the article and no where does it say the pitcher was cussing at him. So how about you check your facts.
          I never said I read that in the article. People I know that were at the game saide you could hear the pitcher from the stands.

I love how people expect Harper to be the next Jesus Christ when that is impossible.

Just because a person claims to believe in God does not make them perfect.

Your own rant is worse than what he did.

Comment

• yanks12025
            • Jan 2006

Haha... My "rant", you're a funny guy. All I did was posted the article and expressed how it went against what alot of people hear have said about him. Referring to he's nothing but a nice kid and great role model,etc. Role models dont do these acts and I don't expect him to be Jesus at all...

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Yeah, you just posted an article, didnt rag on a teenager at all.

And I don't know anyone that thinks of him as a role model. Where did you get that idea?

Jealous much?

Comment

• alltimegiants
                • Feb 2011

yeah, when i heard about it on KNBR (Bay Area Sports Talk Station) ... I was "WHAT ALREADY, He's Only 18 !! DUMB,"

Comment

• mariner_gamers
                  • May 2008

Everything I have heard/read about Bryce is he is cocky. This is not a revelation to anyone who has followed him the past few years. He is an extremely talented kid who has been hounded by the media, agents, etc. for years. I dig his passion and find the uproar over a single A game laughable. The fact it is such a big story is testament to the expectations everyone has put on him. So far he is living up to all of them.
                  Davis Emburey
                  demburey@netzero.net
                  Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Comment

• jppopma
                    • Mar 2006

Show me any 18 year old that isn't cocky??? I'd actually expect Harper to mature over his career.

Comment

• jobathenut
                      • Nov 2008

I know i will get slammed for this.But this kid is just that a kid.And he needs to understand he is playing pro baseball and not wiffleball with the neighborhood kids anymore.He will wise up when he gets called up and gets one in the ear flap.Lets see him blow a kiss or wear his lady gaga eye make-up then.Kid has talent i will give him that.But i dont like his antics-

Comment

• DJaeger22
                        • Oct 2010

i saw him play a week ago in hagerstown, the cockiness is well warranted. he is ridiculously good, its kind of scary. i hope zimmerman being down there for a game or two helped him out, he seems like a good influence
                        Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
                        jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• jobathenut
                          • Nov 2008

I dont understand why being good makes it warrented to be cocky.I mean you can be great and still have class.I understand he is still a kid but he is getting attention for the wrong reasons.Let your talent get you attention and not your silly antics.
                          Originally posted by DJaeger22
                          i saw him play a week ago in hagerstown, the cockiness is well warranted. he is ridiculously good, its kind of scary. i hope zimmerman being down there for a game or two helped him out, he seems like a good influence

Comment

• DJaeger22
                            • Oct 2010

thats very true, im surprised his next AB he didnt get a ball to the back
                            Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
                            jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• jobathenut
                              • Nov 2008

He did'nt-wow.Yeah i am surprised at that.He would in the majors especially in the good old days of beanball.
                              Originally posted by DJaeger22
                              thats very true, im surprised his next AB he didnt get a ball to the back

Comment

Working...