PDA

View Full Version : Number restoration... know someone who can do a good job?

dafivehole
09-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I need a number restored and I need it done exactly like the team would have done it... same material. same stitching, etc. I'm not trying to fool anyone, I'll take this jersey to my grave... I just want it done right!

If you know of anyone that can help me out here, please let me know!

Thanks,
Roger

stlbats
09-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Hello, if the jersey is a modern day jersey, i would suggest contacting the manufacturer, majestic, rawlings, ect. I have talked with majestic before and they told me they would be glad to sew/fix something for me.

Of course I would make sure they have the same fonts and such as your particular year jersey style. just a thought

thanks
jason

dafivehole
09-03-2006, 07:26 PM
The jersey is a Rawlings jersey from 1977 :rolleyes:

dcrules01
09-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Try www.exclusivepro.com (http://www.exclusivepro.com) Ive seen there work and it's top notch.I hear the turn around time is slow but the work is great...

weimerskirch
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Fivehole,

Lon Lewis in Reno, Nevada is the best in the business. He has restored over 10,000 jerseys. I am preparing to send him some Oakland A's jerseys from the '72 - '76 era. I own some of his pieces and his work is flawless.

Mark

dcrules01
09-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Does he have a website???

dafivehole
09-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Hey Mark,

Can you pass along any contact info for Mr. Lewis?!?

Thanks,
Roger

weimerskirch
09-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Roger,

I will get his number and address for you tomorrow as I will have to look it up. It was given to me about six months ago from another forum member.

Mark

weimerskirch
09-04-2006, 08:23 PM
fivehole,

Lon's phone # is 775-856-4253.

On a different note...The Liebe Co. in St. Louis also does restoration work although I cannot give them my blessing as they restored the name on a '73 Ray Fosse and they arched the letters when I clearly instructed them how and where to place the letters. I even sent them photos of other A's jerseys. Needless to say, I was not at all happy with their work.

Mark

dafivehole
09-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Mark,

Thanks, please let me know. You can email me at: roger@dafivehole.com

Thanks again,
Roger

dafivehole
09-19-2006, 05:20 PM
I've spoken to Lon a couple of times now since I got his contact info and he's a wealth of information as well as a really nice guy. I sent him a jersey to restore and I should have it back next week. Just going by our discussions on the phone, I would highly recommend Mr. Lewis. It's meeting people in this hobby, like Lon, that make it so rewarding.

Thank you,
Roger D.