PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Bat Markings

cjmedina1
09-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Fellow members and experts

I have a few questions about bat repairs.I have some bats that the marking are completly gone.I'm talking about the Rawlings and player name on the bat.Do you reccomend leaving it or having it repaired.That leads me to my next question is who can do the markings repairs on a bat.If this will decrease value of my bats I wont consider it but if it wont then I might consider.Thanks
Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

sportscentury
09-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Carlie,

For some people, this will increase the value (because the bat will be a better display piece). For others, it will decrease it (I'm in the latter camp).

There are a couple of threads on GUF about bat restoration. John Taube has a phenomenal guy and there is another guy (Fred?) who is very popular among collectors (though I am not personally familiar with him). If you do a search for "bat restoration," I'm sure you'll find the threads.

Good luck,
Reid

suave1477
09-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Jim might be able to chime in on this one as me and him recently had the same exact conversation on this topic. I personally say go with what your comfortable with. In my opinion I rather the bat in the same condition the player left it in cracked, uncracked or broken completely in half.

cjmedina1
09-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Here is a pic of my bat with no lettering

The second pic if you look close bottom right corner you can see the markings with no black in it.
The third is a pic from Lelands auction of the same bat that I have and of course the difference is the autograph alot more pine tar and you cant see the the Rawling markings
Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net