PDA

View Full Version : Giants Game Bat Grab

EurekaDave
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Your opinion please...

In today's SF Giants' game, Cody Ross let his bat fly during his swing. It landed at the foot of a spectator fence. A fan reached over and grabbed the bat, but then third-base coach Tim Flannery grabbed the bat back from the guy.

Sure it wasn't in the stands but... What do you think?

Dave Silverbrand

alltimegiants
06-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Cody did it again ?? :eek: :eek: :eek: He did it in Monday's night game too. I went to it

I think as long its on the field then it still belongs to Cody still.

commando
06-09-2011, 01:11 AM
I agree with alltimegiants, the bat never left the field of play. I'm not sure how much prep work Cody Ross puts into his bats, but I assume he'd like to keep using the same one as long as possible?

EurekaDave
06-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Good point about the bat prep. Yeah, twice he let it fly this week. The commentators say he prefers a loose grip on the bat. Whatever works... And it's workin'.

alltimegiants
06-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I went to a Giants game vs. D-Backs on 5/10 also and Cody did the same thing. So, On Monday night when he did it ! I was what again.

Buster Posey does it a lot too from time to time. I think he did it twice this year. Once in LA and once in SF, but we have to wait to see until next year. :( I miss watching Buster play daily.

EurekaDave
06-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah, Buster did it. But when the bat went flying into the stands, he gave the guy another bat in exchange. That was classy. And so is Buster. He can do it all...and respect the fans, too.

OK so it's a job to them, but to the fans, it is life...

alltimegiants
06-09-2011, 02:00 PM
yup yup !!!!

Buster has Class !!!

Dave what do you collect?