PDA

View Full Version : Photomatching......

asr1084
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Outside of getty images, does anyone else know of good photo sites? I ask becuase I noticed some of you have awesome zoom in features (with clear zoom functions). How are you able to do this?

Also, is there anywhere you can go to view archived baseball games on video? I want to capture a specific at bat from a particular baseball game to hopefully catch a detail I am looking for.

frikativ54
06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Also, is there anywhere you can go to view archived baseball games on video? I want to capture a specific at bat from a particular baseball game to hopefully catch a detail I am looking for.

MLB.com has archived games on MLB.tv. Good luck.

kylehess10
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Outside of getty images, does anyone else know of good photo sites? I ask becuase I noticed some of you have awesome zoom in features (with clear zoom functions). How are you able to do this?

Getty, AP, & Flickr are my 3 most recommended sites.

And the zoom I think you're referring to is just a close-up from a full-resolution file. You'll find so much of a difference if you have a file that's say 4928x3264 versus a file that's 1500x998

asr1084
06-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Great thanks for the input!

NeonStatus
06-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I am also having trouble zooming in on pictures from the top websites that many here use to photomatch. I try to zoom and the image just gets blurry. It must be something that I am doing wrong because I see a bunch of photomatched stuff that is zoomed in and still has a clear image.

Can someone explain the proper steps to zooming in on these images without it getting blurry?

Jags Fan Dan
06-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I use Rob L's site ALOT for a jumping off point for photo matching. He has links for all the good sites:

http://www.loefflerrd.webs.com/

frikativ54
06-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I use Rob L's site ALOT for a jumping off point for photo matching. He has links for all the good sites:

http://www.loefflerrd.webs.com/

Thanks for the heads up. That's a very valuable research and saved me a lot of time.

Jags Fan Dan
06-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. That's a very valuable research and saved me a lot of time.
No sweat, big props to Rob for that one. Like I say, I use it ALOT!:cool:

Rob L
06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
No sweat, big props to Rob for that one. Like I say, I use it ALOT!:cool:

Thanks for the props Dan!! I'm glad you have found it useful. I guess this is a good time for a call out to anyone that might have resource sites that need to be added! Thanks!!

hrvatwill
06-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the props Dan!! I'm glad you have found it useful. I guess this is a good time for a call out to anyone that might have resource sites that need to be added! Thanks!!

I've had some photomatching luck with www.zimbio.com (http://www.zimbio.com). In fact, I just matched the Ryan Clark jersey that I ordered through JO Sports to the October 17th, 2010 game against the Cleveland Browns.