Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emann
    • Nov 2008

Question re: sports auction consignments

So, I'm going to consign some items to an auction and am wondering something: who pays for shipping from the consigner to the auction house?

I've done a few auctions of art in the past and usually the auction house would send me a Fed-Ex number to ship my items to them. Is it the same in sports auctions or does the consigner pay to ship/insure them to the auctioneer? Does it differ by auction house (Lelands, Gray Flannel, Huggins & Scott, etc)?
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Question re: sports auction consignments

Originally posted by emann
    So, I'm going to consign some items to an auction and am wondering something: who pays for shipping from the consigner to the auction house?

I've done a few auctions of art in the past and usually the auction house would send me a Fed-Ex number to ship my items to them. Is it the same in sports auctions or does the consigner pay to ship/insure them to the auctioneer? Does it differ by auction house (Lelands, Gray Flannel, Huggins & Scott, etc)?
    Most sports auction houses have you pay to ship them the merchandise.

If you are sending them a better collection, they may offer you or may accept your request for them to provide you with a shipping companies account number.

Comment

• emann
      • Nov 2008

Re: Question re: sports auction consignments

Thanks Joel...

Comment

Working...