PDA

View Full Version : Just a question about "items wanted" section

jobathenut
06-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Do you think that sometimes people post on there just because they are curious to what you have.Or just because they are bored.And have no intentions of buying anything.I am just wondering as i have sent email after email with no response from people on there.Just curious to if i am the only one that thinks this:confused:

freddiefreeman5
06-11-2011, 02:55 AM
I emailed one buyer but found out pretty fast that they wanted something for nothing.
Nothing wrong with wanting a good deal but maybe buyers who want something cheap could put their spending price in their listing.

Mulligans
06-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Thank you for bringing this up as I have always found this to be a problem on the forum.....Many of the newer members or newer guys to the hobby have these whimsical urges to collect something new and hit the forum like a maniac trying to instantly fulfill their needs.

Unfortunately, they have no idea what the value of an item truly is and tend to waste your time on banter and photos frustrating the hell out of you along the way. They then go silent and totally disappear off the face of the earth without even the courtesy of a "no thank you".

That's the bad part....I guess the good part is that we have picked up a new member to our hobby and the learning curve will happen rather quickly!:)

Jags Fan Dan
06-11-2011, 08:26 AM
All I know is, when I post that I want Brunell game used, I am SERIOUS!!!!:D

jobathenut
06-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I completely agree with you.I have found this out many times.I think alot of times they are looking to see if you are willing to sell at what i call "give away prices".And another that bugs me about it.Is that they say they are interested and even ask for a price quote for the whole collection.And so you type out a list cause you take the price quote comment as being serious.And then they say not interested.
I emailed one buyer but found out pretty fast that they wanted something for nothing.
Nothing wrong with wanting a good deal but maybe buyers who want something cheap could put their spending price in their listing.

jobathenut
06-11-2011, 11:41 PM
You're welcome-:D I agree with what you saying here.It does seem like it's newbies just seeing to get thier items or sell thier items.And they dont bring anything to the forum.And again i agree with you,nothing upsets me more than not even getting a thank you for your time,at least give me that.But i would go even furthur,if you dont intend to buy dont waste my time.I mean have some common sense on what a item is going for or what someone might want for it.I am trying to sell my mike tyson collection of 40 items (tickets etc) and so i quote the guy a price.And he says that's too high.So i asked him,"well what do you think it would cost".And he said $50 and i could'nt believe it.
Thank you for bringing this up as I have always found this to be a problem on the forum.....Many of the newer members or newer guys to the hobby have these whimsical urges to collect something new and hit the forum like a maniac trying to instantly fulfill their needs.

Unfortunately, they have no idea what the value of an item truly is and tend to waste your time on banter and photos frustrating the hell out of you along the way. They then go silent and totally disappear off the face of the earth without even the courtesy of a "no thank you".

That's the bad part....I guess the good part is that we have picked up a new member to our hobby and the learning curve will happen rather quickly!:)