PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady Autographed Items - Thoughts

WHAlers
06-09-2011, 11:47 PM
The Coach's Corner Auction currently has 3 autographed Tom Brady Patriots items listed. They are 2 jerseys and 1 photograph. It appears to me that all 3 autographs look different from one another. The lot # are 110, 175 and 614. Any opinions on how many of them are the real thing (all, none, 1,2) Which ones would the general consensus say it most likey the proto typical Tom Brady signature.

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=patriots

NEfootballguy
06-10-2011, 09:12 AM
My opinion is that, not one of the three is authentic. I have owned and stared at many, many of these since his rookie year and these raise a red flag with me. Only my opinion. Hope this helps you. Take care.

kprst6
06-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Both of the jerseys are borntrade.com knockoff jerseys as you can see the stitching bubbles on the borders of the numbers.

I've probably said this a million times... how can you trust a signed item, if the jersey itself isn't even authentic. Obviously there is a ton of extra money to be made selling a fake $25.00 borntrade.com jersey + fake signature than there is selling a $275.00 authentic jersey with a fake signature.

The autograph industry has gotten so out of control that people often accept items like these Brady's as being authentic jerseys and authentic signature, just because someone out there will want to believe they got the steal of the century when this sells for less than the price of an authentic jersey.

NEFAN
06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
[quote=kprst6;253874]
I've probably said this a million times... how can you trust a signed item, if the jersey itself isn't even authentic. Obviously there is a ton of extra money to be made selling a fake $25.00 borntrade.com jersey + fake signature than there is selling a $275.00 authentic jersey with a fake signature.

quote]

I believe it is possible for a player to sign a "fake" jersey, they will generally sign whatever you hand them. It would affect the amount I would pay though. These sigs seem a little off to me.

kprst6
06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
[quote=kprst6;253874]

quote]

I believe it is possible for a player to sign a "fake" jersey, they will generally sign whatever you hand them. It would affect the amount I would pay though. These sigs seem a little off to me.

I'm not arguing that a player won't sign a fake jersey, just that the person selling a fake jersey is a lot more likely to be selling a fake signature than someone selling an authentic jersey. Plus, why would you want a fake jersey displayed in your house that has a questionable signature at best? It's almost impossible to verify a signature is real unless it was signed on something unique and there is a photo COA to accompany the item showing the item was signed.

sox83cubs84
06-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Coach's Corner has, for years, been accused of selling forged autographs, and the most recent authentication company they used that I remember is not taken seriously by the majority of collectors. Personally, I'd head the other way. Do a search in the archives on Coach's Corner...you won't find much in the way of praise.

Dave Miedema