PDA

View Full Version : DeSean Jackson Jersey in JO Sports Auction

Dewey2007
06-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I noticed this evening that there is an issue with the game used DeSean Jackson jersey listed in the current JO Sports Auction. Here is the link:

https://www.josportscoauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=608&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=50&category=1&seo=DeSean-Jackson-Philadelphia-Eagles-Game-Worn-Jersey-10%2f3%2f10-vs.-Washington-Redskins

The jersey is auto'd and has an inscription noting it was worn 10/3/10. The only problem is the Eagles wore white road jerseys on 10/3/10 vs the Redskins so there is no way this jersey was worn then. Hopefully it can be photomatched to the correct game.

Nice jersey but the inscription kind of spoils it. I sent JO an email alerting him to this issue.

Gocong57
06-11-2011, 06:43 AM
IMO, "game worn" dated inscriptions ruin any nice piece as seen with this DJax.

TriplexXxSports
06-11-2011, 07:01 AM
I took a look back to the '09 season to see if it may have been from that season, but the Eagles didn't even have a game on 10/3/09.

That's too bad. Definitely spoils the 'luster' of this piece.

DeacDoug
06-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Jersey is good, very good. Eagles lost to Skins at home on October 3 in a boring game. Skins played keep away second half. Jackson did virtually nothing that day, but made up for it in Monday night rematch.

djnos7
06-11-2011, 11:22 AM
"game worn" dated inscriptions ruin any nice piece as seen with this DJax. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=254003)

What does that mean??? Why does a dated GW inscription ruin a piece?

Jags Fan Dan
06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Jersey is good, very good. Eagles lost to Skins at home on October 3 in a boring game. Skins played keep away second half. Jackson did virtually nothing that day, but made up for it in Monday night rematch.
Problem is, as the OP stated, they wore white jerseys and the one being offered is green.

short84
06-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Title: Washington Redskins v Philadelphia Eagles

Caption: PHILADELPHIA - OCTOBER 03: Donovan McNabb #5 of the Washington Redskins greets DeSean Jackson #10 of the Philadelphia Eagles prior to their game on October 3, 2010 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images) Date created: 03 Oct 2010 Editorial image #: 104687898

Mulligans
06-11-2011, 03:58 PM
This post is starting to sound like an episode of the twighlight zone????

Plain and simple.....this jersey stinks because there isnt a chance in hell he wore this Jersey on the date that it was inscribed that he wore it......How would you like to own this and have to forever defend it's authenticity?:(

That is unless I am just on some parallel Universe and I am missing something?

Nothing a little bleach pen can't solve!:D

solarlottry
06-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I have not seen the auction or the jersey yet but was at JO yesterday during my Vegas visit and the place is really really cool! They have so much stuff there it is almost overwhelming. The guys are super cool. Robert took care of me and gave me a tour of the entire place and we looked thru everything. I was there for almost 3 hours and could have stayed longer. Another employee even gave me a ride back to my hotel, as the place is a 60$ cab ride from the strip!

I picked up a TO Bengals gamer plus the Vernon Davis International Series 49ers gamer. I was able to get both shirts at what I thought was a fair price.

It is no surprise that Jackson signed the wrong shirt. They have so many gamers there that I can see how things could have easily been mixed up. With all the shirts I looked at, taking things in and out of bags etc, the wrong jersey could have been put back into the bag for that game. Each shirt is in a labeled bag with the year and game used so a mix up is not inconceivable. I am sure that they will try to get this fixed.

I did not have the pleasure of meeting Jarod which was a bummer but the crew there is top notch. Me being the complete genius that I am forgot my camera but I did take a couple images with my phone which I will try and post.

For all of the issues JO may have had over the last few years, after visiting their store I would not hesitate one bit to buy more game used items from them. That being said I would always do my homework first though as mix ups can and do occur.

One funny thing was that the TO Bengals shirt I really liked as it had the most use, was the one used in the last game he as active for. Problem was he had NO catches in the game!!!! The other shirts they had which showed way less use he had way more productive games! I ended up buying one which was from the 2010 season but game unknown as it had almost as much use as the shirt he wore when he had no catches. Now I need to photo-match it.

All in all if any GUU member is in the Vegas area a trip to JO is well worth it. Half the stuff they have is NOT on their website so you may find something you are looking for.

Always buying 49ers gamers especially 1994 gamers. Paying up to a 500$ finders fee for the right 1994 shirt.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Dewey2007
06-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Below is the response I received from JO regarding the jersey. I've never had an issue with JOS so glad to see that they are responsive to the issue like I would expect.

"Dewey we are looking into this issue to see exactly what game this jersey is from. I have a text out to DJax but I doubt he is going to remember since he signed it over to us this way".

I just hope DeSean has not put a bad inscription on another jersey out there...always a danger I guess unless a player signs something directly after the game in question.

DeacDoug
06-12-2011, 06:32 AM
I thought Eagles always wore green at home. For some reason, they did wear white against Skins. Perhaps Skins only brought bergundy forcing Eagles to wear white roadies.

Gocong57
06-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Once the mistake is corrected, what to do with the faulty inscription? That's a lot of text to attempt to remove with a bleach pen, and blk sharpie ghosting will remain.

BarryMeisel
06-12-2011, 11:53 AM
DeacDoug,

In the NFL, home team gets its choice of jersey to wear and notifies road team before they travel.

Eagles regularly wear both white and green at home, at different times. They tend to wear white earlier in the season, when weather is warmer.

Hope this helps,

Barry Meisel, MeiGray

otismalibu
06-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Once the mistake is corrected, what to do with the faulty inscription? That's a lot of text to attempt to remove with a bleach pen, and blk sharpie ghosting will remain.

I think, using the correct snake oils, one could remove the unwanted marker. I just removed 30 year old permanent marker off an item. If there was any evidence left after removal, just have the player add the correct inscription or year over that spot.

No matter how it turns out, if will probably look better than the number on the left :)

DeacDoug
06-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks Barry for straighten me out on the color jerseys. I know you guys handle Eagles' jerseys and I have a question. Bought 3 "practice" jerseys of lesser players (Martin, Dirk Johnson, and Rayburn) at Birds' garage sale about a month ago. They look like gamers to me with NOB. All from 01 or 02 seasons. Are they likely to be relatively no-name gamers or practice jerseys as Birds claimed?

Mattfedo01
07-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Searching through the Vick Items at JO Sports I came across the following issues: The Vick Game Used Signed and Inscribed Cleats from 11/7/10 against the Colts are not the cleats he wore for that game and also 9/26/10 aginst the Jags are also wrong!!!:( They both are inscribed to those games but you can see on Getty Images that he was wearing different cleats!!! Can anyone else see this??

Matt

josportsco
07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
The shoes were dated wrong. Jax should have been Indy and Indy should have been Jax. I am leaving our office now for a flight to Miami to secure Basketball game worn and then to Philly on Monday. I will have the cleats shipped to Mike house and film the date inscription on the cleats. Mike mistaking got the dates mixed up on the cleats.

nickacs
07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Searching through the Vick Items at JO Sports I came across the following issues: The Vick Game Used Signed and Inscribed Cleats from 11/7/10 against the Colts are not the cleats he wore for that game and also 9/26/10 aginst the Jags are also wrong!!!:( They both are inscribed to those games but you can see on Getty Images that he was wearing different cleats!!! Can anyone else see this??

Matt

Matt, did you really have to post this TWICE, once here and in the other JOSports Faulk thread? It's has ZERO relevance in this thread. I mean are you just searching for all JOSports threads and bumping them all just to call them out that they suck or something? :rolleyes:
As Jarrod said, there was a mistake and it will be handled correctly, just like in the Faulk thread. At least JOSports comes on (unlike about 99.9% of all other auction/retail houses) come on and man up and do what's right.

I guess there's always someone wanting to bad mouth someone on here..

Mattfedo01
07-13-2011, 10:01 PM
I am sorry nickacs if I upset you!!! I thought I would be able to delete one of the posts. I really think you are wrong by saying JO Sports is the only one that writes back on here 99.9%. But I do believe Meigray comments on there items, Steiner (Efrain) also comments if there are issues!! I was never bashing JO Sports I just didnt want someone to spend 2,000 on cleats that are not right!!! That is what this forum is for, HELPING people out!!!

josportsco
07-14-2011, 02:02 AM
I agree with both post. Nickas, I as well felt that exact same way, but I am not going to run from the issues in hand. And yes Barry does contribute to the forum as well. BUT try this, Mattfedo01 if you would have just emailed us your comments or concerns we would have addressed it that same day. We would have taken the cleats down, done our due diligance and I would have placed them in Mike's hands showed him the mistake and it would have been corrected. It is that simple. The forum has a purpose but members are just to quick to snap to the keyboard and posts faults of business/ collectors etc without giving us the oppurtunity to make it right. WE make mistakes and IT WILL happen again. The same thing with the DJack jersey. Dewey emailed me his concern and comments and he was correct but as I was doing my due diligence that would have only taken us 10 minutes he posted a thread that got everyone fired up. Anyway, if you see a problem and I am sure there will be more because we handle 5000+ jerseys a year NO JOKE, please let us know and IF we disagree or do not handle the issue on hand in a timely manner, them by all means post the issue for discussion.
Thanks JO

now I gotta go to bed.

BarryMeisel
07-17-2011, 06:50 PM
DeacDoug,

Sorry for the late reply, but I did not see your question until today.

If you post pix, I'll tell you if they are gamers or not.

Thanks, Barry

bxbomber13
02-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Can anyone verify the authenticity of this jersey? I know JO sports had one that was signed on the back number, this one shows wear but has no COA. Is it possible he wore 2 jerseys in that game?

http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=40&lot_num=791&lot_qual=