X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lokee
    Banned
    • May 2008

Back pockets turned inside out WHAT ?

I am watching the Red Sox/Jays game and noticed alot of players have their back pockets turned inside out. I actually noticed this in the last few years.

It got me thinking why ?

I figured it just gave them more of a chance to get hit while batting more fabric to hit, more stuff sticking out....

Anyone have a clue ?
  • camarokids
    • Jun 2006

Re: Back pockets turned inside out WHAT ?

maybe it's a gansta/ghetto movement?
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Astros7
      • Jul 2008

To disrespect the game. There is no benefit to it. It used to occationally happen on accident, now its being done on purpose and it looks stupid. If I went to work like this, I'd get slapped upside the head.

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

Mention of disrespecting the game made me think about Pete Rose's reaction to the photographer who wanted to get some photos of Pete with his uniform cap turned backwards. I don't remember the exact quote, but it was something to the effect that it was a uniform, not a costume, and one thing that he would never be on the field was some kind of clown.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

Honestly, I think that baseball has far greater things to be worried about than players turning their pockets inside out. Reminds me of the whole craziness in 2002 when MLB tried to stop people from wearing Darryl Kile's number and initials on their caps. Or when Griffey was chided for how he wore his hat in BP.

People are so stuck in the concept of uniforms being perfectly the same that they try to stop people from writing on their caps, players from wearing baggy uniforms, etc. What's going to be next? Will players not be able to wear gel bracelets on the field?

If MLB really had guts, it would stop worrying about how people wear their uniforms and start being concerned about the thousands of teenagers that get hooked on smokeless tobacco per year because they see their idols doing it on TV.
          Les Zukor
          bagwellgameused@gmail.com
          Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
          (617) 682-0408

Comment

• NEFAN
            • Jul 2008

DICTIONARY

u·ni·form

1. identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.

2. without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.

3. constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.

Easier to read

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

They look stupid.
              If they ever start wearing their pants below their butt then I am done.

Comment

• momen55
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by NEFAN
                DICTIONARY

u·ni·form

1. identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.

2. without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.

3. constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.

Easier to read
                that is what i was going to say!

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Brian Wilson of the Giants looks like a bum when he pitches. The Giants should make him button up his jersey. Nobody wants to see his tatooed chest.

Comment

Working...