PDA

View Full Version : Robin Yount bat

Vincent
06-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I am thinking of acquiring a Robin Yount bat. Did Robin ever use a louisville slugger hillerich and bradsby 125 P72. The bat has good use and 19 on the knobb. I am just wondering if anyone has seen any and what its worth and what I should pay (should I sell it if I were to get it). any help is appreciated.

SkubeBats
06-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Can you send me some pics of the bat or you can post them on here.

MSpecht
06-13-2011, 10:05 PM
H & B model P72, both cupped and uncupped (but most often cupped) was Yount's primary model throughout the majority of his career. To answer questions about relative value, additional info is needed, including label period, length, weight, finish, overall condition, etc. Post some pics, including knob, center label and barrel label when you get a chance.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

sox83cubs84
06-14-2011, 11:17 PM
One "Robin Yount" bat to beware of:

Von Joshua, then a reserve OF, played for both the Giants and Brewers in 1976. One more than one occasion, an H&B bat from 1976 of Joshua has been advertised as "used by Robin Yount". The bat has "19" written on the knob, and Yount's number with Milwaukee was 19...but so was Joshua's when he played with the Giants that year. The bat being a earlier-season Giants bat is far more likely than it being a Brewers bat borrowed and used by Rockin' Robin.

Dave Miedema