Tomlinson Rookie Helmet... Real or Not??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bama0037
    • May 2010

Tomlinson Rookie Helmet... Real or Not??

Hi guys, I am by no means a photomatch expert so I was unable to tell for sure if this was legit. It sure has a ton of hit marks and all the right specifications. From browsing a few images I would say legit...but despite all the marks I cannot get a photomatch. Can anyone chime in on this? thanks John

• Mulligans
    • Dec 2009

Re: Tomlinson Rookie Helmet... Real or Not??

Sorry to say that I know very little about helmets other than the experts on here tell me that they're the easiest thing in the world to duplicate.

Here's what I do know......the seller is a nice guy and I have bought and sold from him a few items. Unfortunately in the last few months he has been accused of knowingly or unknowingly selling a few bad helmets. I'm not sure that means anything other than proceed cautiously.......

Jeff

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
      • Jan 2009

I can say with certainty that the Urlacher helmet this seller also has listed is no good. I would we weary as well....

Comment

• jhunt28
        • Oct 2008

This seller doesn't have a single helmet that is being offered on Ebay that is legit...I have gone through the list of issues with most of his helmets before. He now has a Brett Favre helmet with zero paperwork...ugh. Anyway, just a few things about the LT helmet.

First, LTs chinstrap during his rookie year always was screened with "Riddell" in blue. This chinstrap on the EBay helmet has no markings on it. Also, LTs rookie helmet was impregnated blue, as you can tell from metal rivets showing on his helmet. The EBay helmet has been painted blue, with painted blue rivets as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lt2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	671189

Name:	lt3.jpg
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	671190

Also, on LTs rookie helmet in 2001, he never wore the "Chargers" rear bumper decal on his Schutt helmet.

Name:	lt.jpg
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	671191

I also included a picture of LTs helmet from 2005, to show that there is still no rear bumper decal on this helmet either. This helmet in '05 was a Schutt Air Advantage, and not the Pro Air which he had in his rookie year...but I was just using it as a clearer illustration.

Name:	lt05.jpg
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	671192

Comment

• mad87man
          • Feb 2011

The prices are what makes them look real fake. I mean 3200 for an LT helmet? That's a steal and a half. 6,000$ for Favre? Again seems to good to be true.

Comment

• bama0037
            • May 2010

Thanks guys...thats why I come here. I thought the prices seemed too good to be true

Comment

• jhunt28
              • Oct 2008

WOW...some poor soul paid $1,800 for this bogus helmet...jeeeez

Comment

Working...