PDA

View Full Version : advice on which jersey should I purchase.

pungent
06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm currently considering purchasing a game worn jersey of one of my favorite players. There are two available, and both jerseys were worn for one game only.

The first jersey, he had a tremendous game that helped the team win, but the photo-matching is pretty non-existent as all the photos available were either taken from a distance or angles that make a photo-match difficult and pretty impossible. The second jersey he had a mediorcre game and the team had a very embarrassing loss, one of the worse of the season. This game, there are many good photos and a couple that show a solid match.

This is pretty much my grail to purchase a game worn jersey of my favorite player, and I'll only be able to afford one. Which one do you think I should pick up? Thanks!

frikativ54
06-19-2011, 04:54 PM
This is pretty much my grail to purchase a game worn jersey of my favorite player, and I'll only be able to afford one. Which one do you think I should pick up? Thanks!

If you have suitable authentication for both jerseys, then I'd choose the better game. After all, if you know that your guy had a great game in the jersey, having pictures to prove it doesn't change when it was used.

sox83cubs84
06-19-2011, 05:49 PM
If you have suitable authentication for both jerseys, then I'd choose the better game. After all, if you know that your guy had a great game in the jersey, having pictures to prove it doesn't change when it was used.

+1.

Dave Miedema

Shipp_96
06-19-2011, 06:02 PM
For me, personally, rarity and my budget goes further than how the team did that day. I am buying that player's jersey, not that team's effort.

If one or both of the two jerseys had some historical significance, I could see a dilemma. I would just go with whatever one you feel better about laying your hard earned cash down for.

mbenga28
06-19-2011, 07:37 PM
does the jersey come with a letter of the stats for that game? if so, it would be a glaring eyesore seeing the team lost that game, along with subpar performance. now if this was of some sentimental significance, such as a game you went to or a milestone game of sorts for that player, then by all means. otherwise, I am not sure of the logic as to why you would not want the better jersey. is the price the same for either jersey?

RaiderNationPDX
06-19-2011, 08:59 PM
I love a photomatch as much as anyone, but speaking personally, I'm FAR less likely to lay out the cash for a jersey/ball/whatever from my team's loss than I am for a win. Though the Raiders did make finding anything from a win pretty difficult, at least until recently.

Skizzick
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Go for the win. If you are confident that both jerseys are legit, then I don't see a problem.

G1X
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Each to their own in what/how/why they collect, but for me, I would pick the jersey that I felt was was more eye-appealing and looked the sharpest, especially if it was an item of my favorite player that I was planning to prominently display. I could not care less whether the player had a big game, the team won, there is a photo match and/or team paperwork etc., etc., etc., unless he broke a record in one of the jerseys or there was some other historical significance attached to it.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and any Darren Lewis or Willie McGee game-used items.