X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    • Jan 1970

Regarding Forum Member "S.carter"

FYI

I have received questions about a user "s.carter" from forum members who questioned the nature of some of his posts. There was also reason to believe that the information in the user profile might not be real.

I contacted the s.carter to see if he had registered with his proper information and he immediately asked me to cancel his account.

I then mentioned that all the posts came from the same IP address as users from Steiner Sports.

"S.carter" then became quite defensive and told me to stop the questions and emails.

If you look at "S.carter's" posting history, everything is pro-Steiner.

Because S.carter refused to confirm valid information, he is no longer allowed to participate in the forum.

The reason I am sharing this information with you is so you can make your own decisions on what kind of weight to give the posts made by this user.

Any questions or comments can be sent to me here or at ecky3@aol.com
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...
  • sportscentury
    • Nov 2005

Re: Regarding Forum Member "S.carter"

Eric,

Interesting post. Would anyone from Steiner care to chime in and advise the forum as to the nature of this former member? This has a creepy (at best) feel to it. James A. Rast and the other geniuses at AMI should feel to chime in, too.

Eric, as always, thanks for your diligence and excellent work moderating GUF.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• ironmanfan
      • Sep 2005

Eric...This news is very disappointing particularly with an organization such as Steiner with the reputation they hold within the collecting community.

Comment

• stkmtimo
        • Nov 2005

It never ceases to amaze me why people would do this to potentially ruin a company's credibility with the collecting community. Why not just be up front with people and tell them who you are really are? You'll be a lot more successful and get a lot more business in the long run by being up front and honest.

Tim

Comment

• suave1477
          Banned
          • Jan 2006

ironman I dont think you can really make that kind of assumption since we don't know if this was acted out wholly by Steiner or just an individual who works for Steiner!!!!

Comment

• allstarsplus
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by sportscentury
            Eric,

Interesting post. Would anyone from Steiner care to chime in and advise the forum as to the nature of this former member? This has a creepy (at best) feel to it. James A. Rast and the other geniuses at AMI should feel to chime in, too.

Eric, as always, thanks for your diligence and excellent work moderating GUF.

Reid
            I read some of his old posts and they don't seem to be James Rast quality (lol). __________________________________________________ ____________
            07-14-2006, 05:08 PM
            s.carter

Re: Yankees-Steiner Jerseys For Sale
            I don't understand what all the fuss is on this topic, Steiner had a great special for it's customers, what's the problem here? I've read so much on this board about how overpriced and expensive they are and now they have a GREAT special and they get killed for that as well? Some have even gone as far as accusing them of something being up, that's nuts. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but if you can't trust Steiner's authenticity what can you trust in this hobby. I feel like they are damned if they do and damned if they don't with this group. Can Steiner ever win on this board?
            Regards,
            Andrew Lang
            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
            202-716-8500

Comment

• Eric
              • Jan 1970

All I said was the post came from the same IP address as the other ones from Steiner Sports. We do not know if the person was representing their company or was posting on his own.
              Eric

Comment

• allstarsplus
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric
                All I said was the post came from the same IP address as the other ones from Steiner Sports. We do not know if the person was representing their company or was posting on his own.
                Eric
                Read his 22 posts he made on the Forum, nothing seems earth shattering.

I don't know S. Carter, and when I called the main Steiner # at 914-307-1000 the person told me there was no Carter that worked there.
                Regards,
                Andrew Lang
                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                202-716-8500

Comment

• Eric
                  • Jan 1970

Under Hobby Network, you'll see that s.carter was registered under "Sean Corey Carter" which is the real name of Jay Z.

Comment

• ironmanfan
                    • Sep 2005

Suave....I don't think that management at Steiner would be behind any of this, but a company still has to bear some responsibility for the actions of their agents or employees. That was my only point.

Comment

• suave1477
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2006

Well when he first joined I figured he was using the alias S. Carter which is really Jay z's name.

Comment

• sportscentury
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                        I don't know S. Carter, and when I called the main Steiner # at 914-307-1000 the person told me there was no Carter that worked there.
                        Andrew,

When you called Steiner, did you happen to ask them if Chris Bridges, Marshall Mathers, and Kanye West work there? My bet is that none of the world's top rappers work at Steiner.

If we had S.Carter's real name, then a real inquiry could be made. But, as Eric reported, he had no interest in sharing this basic information that is required of all forum members.

I just find it quite odd (and very similar to the James A. Rast scandal) that the IP address matched the IP addresses of forum members who work for Steiner. Judging from this thread, as well as a few emails I've received since Eric's initial post, it's clear I'm not the only one who finds this to be an interesting "coincidence."

Reid
                        Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by sportscentury
                          Andrew,

When you called Steiner, did you happen to ask them if Chris Bridges, Marshall Mathers, and Kanye West work there? My bet is that none of the world's top rappers work at Steiner.

If we had S.Carter's real name, then a real inquiry could be made. But, as Eric reported, he had no interest in sharing this basic information that is required of all forum members.

I just find it quite odd (and very similar to the James A. Rast scandal) that the IP address matched the IP addresses of forum members who work for Steiner. Judging from this thread, as well as a few emails I've received since Eric's initial post, it's clear I'm not the only one who finds this to be an interesting "coincidence."

Reid

I heard Suge Knight works in Management lol lol

Sorry had to throw that one in!!!

Comment

• trsent
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
                            I heard Suge Knight works in Management lol lol

Sorry had to throw that one in!!!
                            Who?

Comment

• BCowan40
                              • Aug 2006

Gentlemen, wanted to respond to this whole thread. S. Carter was a name I had personally used on this forum. I had originally joined just to be a part of the forum and then it grew to me responding to what I felt was undue criticism of Steiner Sports, by no means was I attempting to hide my identity or trick anyone here on this forum. In all honesty I just wasn't comfortable having my information on any website, I appologize for this. This is not an issue that needs to be beaten to death. As soon as I was aware this was not proper forum policy I had the name removed and joined with my real name. As for Eric's comments to be honest yes I did react the way he describes because I felt his questions were getting a bit overwhelming, no other reason. This is not a big deal nor one that requires endless posts. My sincerest appologies as I've clearly upset and offended some of you. I hope this is something that doesn't prohibit us all discussing this great hobby in the future.

Comment

Working...