PDA

View Full Version : question about NBA game worn 2010-11 jerseys

costas
06-21-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm interested in purchasing a 2010-11 game worn jersey through MeiGray and just wanted to find out, are the numbers just glued onto the jersey now? I know they changed the material of the jerseys this season, but what about the lettering and numbering of the jerseys? I saw this video of a player's number falling off and it's making me a little hesitant to buy this if the workmanship is not that great. Thanks for any help with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxlIBYX_ww

mickeymbz
06-21-2011, 12:12 PM
[quote=costas;255197]I'm interested in purchasing a 2010-11 game worn jersey through MeiGray and just wanted to find out, are the numbers just glued onto the jersey now? I know they changed the material of the jerseys this season, but what about the lettering and numbering of the jerseys? I saw this video of a player's number falling off and it's making me a little hesitant to buy this if the workmanship is not that great. Thanks for any help with this.

depends on what team you buy. the blazers i think are heat sealed on..if you look at their jerseys on the meigray site..the numbers appear to be peeling back. the lakers logo is heat sealed on and is the nba logo, but the nob and number are sewn on. it depends on the team. ive posted previously that this years shirts are thin and cheaply constructed..but doesnt matter if you are getting a shirt from a player you have been after.

costas
06-21-2011, 12:15 PM
thank you mickeymbz, I was under the impression that all teams now have universal specifications for their game jerseys but as you pointed out that doesn't seem to be the case. what about the team logo on the back of the jersey above the nob, is that also heat pressed?

mickeymbz
06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
thank you mickeymbz, I was under the impression that all teams now have universal specifications for their game jerseys but as you pointed out that doesn't seem to be the case. what about the team logo on the back of the jersey above the nob, is that also heat pressed?

i think the teams specifically only applys the NOB's and numbers...everything else, i believe is heat sealed on. im happy with what i got..at first a little disappointed of the quality..but bottom line the is no doubt whatsoever that the player wore the shirt. you are buying a "piece of mind"

costas
06-21-2011, 12:41 PM
i think the teams specifically only applys the NOB's and numbers...everything else, i believe is heat sealed on. im happy with what i got..at first a little disappointed of the quality..but bottom line the is no doubt whatsoever that the player wore the shirt. you are buying a "piece of mind"

thanks mickeymbz, just saw your thread with the Kobe game worn that is a very special piece along with the fact you were able to photo match it to photos you personally took.

also, in the past with MeiGray authenticated jerseys the LOA has a hologram matching the security tagging. is that the same with this season's jerseys since each team has their own unique serial number? is it also a team letter or one of the NBA Entertainment letters you see use for special events?

mickeymbz
06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
thanks mickeymbz, just saw your thread with the Kobe game worn that is a very special piece along with the fact you were able to photo match it to photos you personally took.

also, in the past with MeiGray authenticated jerseys the LOA has a hologram matching the security tagging. is that the same with this season's jerseys since each team has their own unique serial number? is it also a team letter or one of the NBA Entertainment letters you see use for special events?
i can only speak for what i got. no special tagging on the kobe...as in the past meigray shirts. i think the nba's unique coding on each shirt is suffice for id'ing specific shirts. LOA is signed by barry and a nba rep

AutographAddiction
06-21-2011, 07:45 PM
i can only speak for what i got. no special tagging on the kobe...as in the past meigray shirts. i think the nba's unique coding on each shirt is suffice for id'ing specific shirts. LOA is signed by barry and a nba rep

I think your Kobe does have the special tagging with serial number and all that. Here's my 2010-11 Dwight Howard jersey. It has the tag on the far left with the code. All of the jerseys should have that.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/1234tls/IMG_1529.jpg

legaleagle92481
06-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Its like the MLB Authentic Program ut with a tag rather than a hologram. You go online to database type in number and it should provide information about the jersey. I have a Duncan from there and its not in the system yet and another jersey I looked at from a 3rd party the number is also not in the system so I don't know if they loaded them in yet. This is an improvement because Meigray stuff has been faked in the past. Look at some other threads on here, in re Carmello Anthony jersey I believe it was.

mbenga28
06-22-2011, 06:06 AM
are those serial numbers only entered through MeiGray? I was curious to know if teams who sell their jerseys on their own or through another seller (like Steiner Sports does with the Knicks), can the serial numbers also be looked up on the database?

mbenga28
06-22-2011, 06:09 AM
I think your Kobe does have the special tagging with serial number and all that. Here's my 2010-11 Dwight Howard jersey. It has the tag on the far left with the code. All of the jerseys should have that.

some game used jerseys do not have the serial number tagging, here are some jerseys sold on ebay authenticated through Steiner sport with their partnership with the Knicks.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKigE3Bpj+POeBN2BGZKREw~~_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqMOKikE3HNh955sBN2BJbfkMw~~_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqF,!hkE2fLwgLpUBN2BJUW6dg~~_3.JPG

mickeymbz
06-22-2011, 09:11 AM
are those serial numbers only entered through MeiGray? I was curious to know if teams who sell their jerseys on their own or through another seller (like Steiner Sports does with the Knicks), can the serial numbers also be looked up on the database?

mbenga, all game used shirts,from what i understand, should have the specific NBA id number.

mbenga28
06-22-2011, 09:28 AM
mbenga, all game used shirts,from what i understand, should have the specific NBA id number.

that's what I also assumed but based on those Knicks jerseys, it looks like not all game worn jerseys have that NBA id number tagging. I hope that doesn't become a problem down the road.

deionsandersfan2137
06-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Its like the MLB Authentic Program ut with a tag rather than a hologram. You go online to database type in number and it should provide information about the jersey. I have a Duncan from there and its not in the system yet and another jersey I looked at from a 3rd party the number is also not in the system so I don't know if they loaded them in yet. This is an improvement because Meigray stuff has been faked in the past. Look at some other threads on here, in re Carmello Anthony jersey I believe it was.

I was wondering how do u check the numbers in the meigray data base as I have a bucks jersey id like to check? Please let me know thank u.

AutographAddiction
06-22-2011, 12:08 PM

I was also under this assumption from my talks with many other collectors. The tagging also says "EVERY PLAYER EVERY GAME" which confirmed (in
My opinion) that every game-worn jersey should have it. I could be wrong, though, now that I see the knicks Steiner jerseys. Not sure what to think.

Barry, Steiner rep-- step in please?

mickeymbz
06-23-2011, 12:15 AM
what i meant by "special tagging" is the Meigray gray id logo tag

mickeymbz
06-23-2011, 12:20 AM
I was also under this assumption from my talks with many other collectors. The tagging also says "EVERY PLAYER EVERY GAME" which confirmed (in
My opinion) that every game-worn jersey should have it. I could be wrong, though, now that I see the knicks Steiner jerseys. Not sure what to think.

Barry, Steiner rep-- step in please?

i agree with the above quote....from talking with people in the industry and from other collectors who have purchased many of the 10/11 rev30 uni's that all game used or jerseys that are meant for game use (game issued) should have that specific id number. but i agree your knicks jerseys throw this theory out the window

AutographAddiction
06-23-2011, 12:29 AM
i agree with the above quote....from talking with people in the industry and from other collectors who have purchased many of the 10/11 rev30 uni's that all game used or jerseys that are meant for game use (game issued) should have that specific id number. but i agree your knicks jerseys throw this theory out the window

Maybe someone like Barry can step in and help us resolve this?
Not trying to discredit the Knicks jerseys, but I wouldn't mind having something to go by in the future.

mickeymbz
06-23-2011, 12:33 AM
BTW wouldnt mind seeing some detailed pics of your d.howard jersey. as there are few posted on this site.

AutographAddiction
06-23-2011, 12:42 AM
BTW wouldnt mind seeing some detailed pics of your d.howard jersey. as there are few posted on this site.

email me at the address listed below and I'll send you some.

mickeymbz
06-25-2011, 02:31 PM
[quote=costas;255197]I'm interested in purchasing a 2010-11 game worn jersey through MeiGray and just wanted to find out, are the numbers just glued onto the jersey now? I know they changed the material of the jerseys this season, but what about the lettering and numbering of the jerseys? I saw this video of a player's number falling off and it's making me a little hesitant to buy this if the workmanship is not that great. Thanks for any help with this.

depends on what team you buy. the blazers i think are heat sealed on..if you look at their jerseys on the meigray site..the numbers appear to be peeling back. the lakers logo is heat sealed on and is the nba logo, but the nob and number are sewn on. it depends on the team. ive posted previously that this years shirts are thin and cheaply constructed..but doesnt matter if you are getting a shirt from a player you have been after.
hey, i was wrong concerning the nba logo...it is actually stitched on. the laker logo and the size tag are heat sealed on. all the rest are stitched on.

AutographAddiction
07-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Hey,
As you know, I sent you pics of the jersey but still hadn't counsel take pics of inside of jersey. But I'm looking at it now and numbers, NOB, And tags are sewn on. ORLANO, logo, and NBA logo are heat sealed.

AutographAddiction
07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey,
As you know, I sent you pics of the jersey but still hadn't counsel take pics of inside of jersey. But I'm looking at it now and numbers, NOB, And tags are sewn on. ORLANO, logo, and NBA logo are heat sealed.

Still hadn't found time to* take pics of inside of jersey.

mickeymbz
07-07-2011, 12:47 AM
that's what I also assumed but based on those Knicks jerseys, it looks like not all game worn jerseys have that NBA id number tagging. I hope that doesn't become a problem down the road.

In talking with a few other people with knowledge...they said the shirts should most definitely have the "every player every game" tags on....and also check to see if there are these types of year tags inside the shirt.
out of curiosity, did you purchase these knick shirts directly from Steiner?

mickeymbz
07-07-2011, 01:07 AM

also mbenga you should try to photomatch it...i've found that these new Rev30 shirts are 1 of the most easiest to photomatch..especially with pics from getty... the mesh holes against the number,logo and NOB,,gives each shirt its own signature

mickeymbz
07-07-2011, 03:14 AM
Deshawn Stevenson NBA finals game 3 MeiGray tagging

costas
07-07-2011, 06:40 AM
great KObe and DeSean jerseys! I thought I read awhile back NBA game jerseys are doing away with the year flaggings so the jerseys can be used again, as part of the Go Green recycling program? Speaking of that, is there any risk that they jerseys because they consist of 60 recycled materials, they might possibly break down one day? That sounds paranoid but I don't want to spend thousands on a jersey only to have it start melting away one day!

mickeymbz
07-07-2011, 11:30 AM
great KObe and DeSean jerseys! I thought I read awhile back NBA game jerseys are doing away with the year flaggings so the jerseys can be used again, as part of the Go Green recycling program? Speaking of that, is there any risk that they jerseys because they consist of 60 recycled materials, they might possibly break down one day? That sounds paranoid but I don't want to spend thousands on a jersey only to have it start melting away one day!

doubt it...these shirts are thin, but tuff as nails

mickeymbz
07-07-2011, 11:32 AM
and i think the tag is for when the shirt was made back in Thailand. the 12/10 shirt can very well could have been used in 2012

mickeymbz
07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
2010/2011 Kobe Bryant home uni.. used in last 3 home playoff games. game 5 vs hornets. games 1 and 2 vs mavs

costas
07-07-2011, 03:41 PM
great Kobe Mickey, did you ever consider going to the NBA photo store and purchasing a 20" 30" poster print photo match to display next to your jerseys? I think they run around $30 but would look awesome next to the jersey seeing the enlarged photo match details!

quiggle28
07-07-2011, 03:47 PM
also mbenga you should try to photomatch it...i've found that these new Rev30 shirts are 1 of the most easiest to photomatch..especially with pics from getty... the mesh holes against the number,logo and NOB,,gives each shirt its own signature

Do any of your jerseys have snags, I was able to photo match one on my Stoudemire jersey. A friend of mine was able to also get me a copy of the game and I found another photo match, the more traditional way with loose thread sticking out ;)

http://oi51.tinypic.com/so8zyt.jpg

sox83cubs84
07-07-2011, 03:56 PM
It looks like those interior tags (7/10 on Kobe and 12/10 on Stevenson) may well equate to month/year of issue indicators for when the jersey was issued.
Everyone knew that Kobe would be a Laker in 2010-11, so making jerseys for him in July, 2010 would be reasonable. The Stevenson would be a midseason (December 2010) issue (kind of like a set 2 Rawlings MLB jersey flag tag) with whatever adjustments were needed to customize it as an NBA Finals jersey later.

Dave Miedema

jppopma
07-07-2011, 05:00 PM
It looks to me that the date tags are sewn right into the jersey and most likely along with production codes by Adidas. Similar to the old Wilson date codes, just easier to read.

The question with these date codes will be how much back stock Adidas will have on hand to send to the teams. Adidas and other companies themselves uses these dates and codes for quality control purposes (not at all concerned with our hobby). Most likely these dates will show that the jerseys were manufactured when the order was placed in the off season, but I think there could be some that are held as stock and made up later on --maybe even years later.

mickeymbz
07-08-2011, 12:15 AM
great Kobe Mickey, did you ever consider going to the NBA photo store and purchasing a 20" 30" poster print photo match to display next to your jerseys? I think they run around $30 but would look awesome next to the jersey seeing the enlarged photo match details!

Way ahead of you. i ordered this print last weekend in anticipation of the new Kobe piece...and i did order it framed,matted,highest quality paper and, of course, 20 x 30

mickeymbz
07-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Do any of your jerseys have snags, I was able to photo match one on my Stoudemire jersey. A friend of mine was able to also get me a copy of the game and I found another photo match, the more traditional way with loose thread sticking out ;)

http://oi51.tinypic.com/so8zyt.jpg
yeah quiggle...ive found snags,and runs on the shirt itself..i think i have a pic of it in a previous post on this thread. i have the corner of the meigray box pointing to the snag and matching it to the photo i took. the snags are not unlike a nylon run in pantyhose. the home kobe has snags everywhere..probably from its usage.and the tugging that Kobe is frequently doing.i believe it was used beyond these 3 playoff games...possibly dating back to regular season. if you look at getty pics of kobe from game 1 vs hornets (4/20/11), you will notice kobe wearing a tight form fitting jersey. I was told by the great Dan Ceniceros that Kobe was actually wearing a 1xl for that game. Kobe obviously did not like the tightness of the 1xl as you can tell by detailed getty pics that he tore into the shirt at the armpit area. This woulda been a GREAT shirt to have even though it was worn in only one game. for whatever reason he wore a 1xl rather than the usual 6xl we will never know. possibly a screw up with the equipment manager..only Kobe and the equipment manager truley knows.

mickeymbz
07-08-2011, 01:13 AM
It looks like those interior tags (7/10 on Kobe and 12/10 on Stevenson) may well equate to month/year of issue indicators for when the jersey was issued.
Everyone knew that Kobe would be a Laker in 2010-11, so making jerseys for him in July, 2010 would be reasonable. The Stevenson would be a midseason (December 2010) issue (kind of like a set 2 Rawlings MLB jersey flag tag) with whatever adjustments were needed to customize it as an NBA Finals jersey later.

Dave Miedema

here are pics of tagging in the Kobe home playoff trunks... has the same issue date as the shirt 7/10

quiggle28
07-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Way ahead of you. i ordered this print last weekend in anticipation of the new Kobe piece...and i did order it framed,matted,highest quality paper and, of course, 20 x 30

I actually ordered a couple of these for the Stoudemire jersey. You can request photos from Getty Images currently not in the NBA Photo Store and they will put in a request to have the image for sale. One thing, just make sure the photo has the NBA logo shadow on the photo (like on the Kobe one), as I believe those are the only ones they can print. It takes a couple of weeks to process but I am still waiting on some that I think will take longer now that the lockout is in effect.

One thing I did notice, you might also want to consider picking up an 8x10 or 16x20 because those photos are actually cropped and zoomed in more closely than a 20x30 (you can play around with this on NBA Photo store to get a sense of what I mean). Did you order a metal or wood frame? I had mine with the metal but the backing is not that great (the foam board the photo is affixed to is exposed, and there is no wire hanger in the back just a couple of sawtooth), so I had to get another frame to better protect it.

Also, check out allposters or art.com because they also started selling more NBA game photos than the usual PhotoFile ones.

mickeymbz
07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
I actually ordered a couple of these for the Stoudemire jersey. You can request photos from Getty Images currently not in the NBA Photo Store and they will put in a request to have the image for sale. One thing, just make sure the photo has the NBA logo shadow on the photo (like on the Kobe one), as I believe those are the only ones they can print. It takes a couple of weeks to process but I am still waiting on some that I think will take longer now that the lockout is in effect.

One thing I did notice, you might also want to consider picking up an 8x10 or 16x20 because those photos are actually cropped and zoomed in more closely than a 20x30 (you can play around with this on NBA Photo store to get a sense of what I mean). Did you order a metal or wood frame? I had mine with the metal but the backing is not that great (the foam board the photo is affixed to is exposed, and there is no wire hanger in the back just a couple of sawtooth), so I had to get another frame to better protect it.

Also, check out allposters or art.com because they also started selling more NBA game photos than the usual PhotoFile ones.
i got the wood frame..and the 20x30. the pic is a great close up of kobe, so my hope is it will still show great detail. thanks for the info

mickeymbz
07-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm interested in purchasing a 2010-11 game worn jersey through MeiGray and just wanted to find out, are the numbers just glued onto the jersey now? I know they changed the material of the jerseys this season, but what about the lettering and numbering of the jerseys? I saw this video of a player's number falling off and it's making me a little hesitant to buy this if the workmanship is not that great. Thanks for any help with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxlIBYX_ww

hey costas..email me. have something that may interest you.
mickeymbz@comcast.net

costas
07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
hey costas..email me. have something that may interest you.
mickeymbz@comcast.net

e-mail sent, thanks mickey

quiggle28
07-08-2011, 12:37 PM
i got the wood frame..and the 20x30. the pic is a great close up of kobe, so my hope is it will still show great detail. thanks for the info

nice, looking forward to seeing how you set-up the jersey by this print!

also, you might want to hold off on photo requests as I just received this from NBA Photo Store on some of my Stoudemire requests:

"I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience; however, I was just informed that we are unable to fulfill any photo requests at this time due to the NBA lockout. Unfortunately, this includes the follow request you had made."

mickeymbz
07-08-2011, 01:19 PM

also, you might want to hold off on photo requests as I just received this from NBA Photo Store on some of my Stoudemire requests:

"I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience; however, I was just informed that we are unable to fulfill any photo requests at this time due to the NBA lockout. Unfortunately, this includes the follow request you had made."

Unbelievable... to think that the lockout would even effect fans at this level!

mickeymbz
07-31-2011, 11:48 PM

kobe room