Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • costas
    • Aug 2008

question about NBA game worn 2010-11 jerseys

I'm interested in purchasing a 2010-11 game worn jersey through MeiGray and just wanted to find out, are the numbers just glued onto the jersey now? I know they changed the material of the jerseys this season, but what about the lettering and numbering of the jerseys? I saw this video of a player's number falling off and it's making me a little hesitant to buy this if the workmanship is not that great. Thanks for any help with this.

• mickeymbz
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

Re: question about NBA game worn 2010-11 jerseys

[quote=costas;255197]I'm interested in purchasing a 2010-11 game worn jersey through MeiGray and just wanted to find out, are the numbers just glued onto the jersey now? I know they changed the material of the jerseys this season, but what about the lettering and numbering of the jerseys? I saw this video of a player's number falling off and it's making me a little hesitant to buy this if the workmanship is not that great. Thanks for any help with this.

depends on what team you buy. the blazers i think are heat sealed on..if you look at their jerseys on the meigray site..the numbers appear to be peeling back. the lakers logo is heat sealed on and is the nba logo, but the nob and number are sewn on. it depends on the team. ive posted previously that this years shirts are thin and cheaply constructed..but doesnt matter if you are getting a shirt from a player you have been after.

Comment

• costas
      • Aug 2008

thank you mickeymbz, I was under the impression that all teams now have universal specifications for their game jerseys but as you pointed out that doesn't seem to be the case. what about the team logo on the back of the jersey above the nob, is that also heat pressed?

Comment

• mickeymbz
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by costas
        thank you mickeymbz, I was under the impression that all teams now have universal specifications for their game jerseys but as you pointed out that doesn't seem to be the case. what about the team logo on the back of the jersey above the nob, is that also heat pressed?

i think the teams specifically only applys the NOB's and numbers...everything else, i believe is heat sealed on. im happy with what i got..at first a little disappointed of the quality..but bottom line the is no doubt whatsoever that the player wore the shirt. you are buying a "piece of mind"

Comment

• costas
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mickeymbz
          i think the teams specifically only applys the NOB's and numbers...everything else, i believe is heat sealed on. im happy with what i got..at first a little disappointed of the quality..but bottom line the is no doubt whatsoever that the player wore the shirt. you are buying a "piece of mind"
          thanks mickeymbz, just saw your thread with the Kobe game worn that is a very special piece along with the fact you were able to photo match it to photos you personally took.

also, in the past with MeiGray authenticated jerseys the LOA has a hologram matching the security tagging. is that the same with this season's jerseys since each team has their own unique serial number? is it also a team letter or one of the NBA Entertainment letters you see use for special events?

Comment

• mickeymbz
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by costas
            thanks mickeymbz, just saw your thread with the Kobe game worn that is a very special piece along with the fact you were able to photo match it to photos you personally took.

also, in the past with MeiGray authenticated jerseys the LOA has a hologram matching the security tagging. is that the same with this season's jerseys since each team has their own unique serial number? is it also a team letter or one of the NBA Entertainment letters you see use for special events?
            i can only speak for what i got. no special tagging on the kobe...as in the past meigray shirts. i think the nba's unique coding on each shirt is suffice for id'ing specific shirts. LOA is signed by barry and a nba rep

Comment

• AutographAddiction
              • Aug 2010

i can only speak for what i got. no special tagging on the kobe...as in the past meigray shirts. i think the nba's unique coding on each shirt is suffice for id'ing specific shirts. LOA is signed by barry and a nba rep
              I think your Kobe does have the special tagging with serial number and all that. Here's my 2010-11 Dwight Howard jersey. It has the tag on the far left with the code. All of the jerseys should have that.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Its like the MLB Authentic Program ut with a tag rather than a hologram. You go online to database type in number and it should provide information about the jersey. I have a Duncan from there and its not in the system yet and another jersey I looked at from a 3rd party the number is also not in the system so I don't know if they loaded them in yet. This is an improvement because Meigray stuff has been faked in the past. Look at some other threads on here, in re Carmello Anthony jersey I believe it was.

Comment

• mbenga28
                  • Nov 2008

are those serial numbers only entered through MeiGray? I was curious to know if teams who sell their jerseys on their own or through another seller (like Steiner Sports does with the Knicks), can the serial numbers also be looked up on the database?

Comment

• mbenga28
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by AutographAddiction
                    I think your Kobe does have the special tagging with serial number and all that. Here's my 2010-11 Dwight Howard jersey. It has the tag on the far left with the code. All of the jerseys should have that.
                    some game used jerseys do not have the serial number tagging, here are some jerseys sold on ebay authenticated through Steiner sport with their partnership with the Knicks.

Comment

• mickeymbz
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mbenga28
                      are those serial numbers only entered through MeiGray? I was curious to know if teams who sell their jerseys on their own or through another seller (like Steiner Sports does with the Knicks), can the serial numbers also be looked up on the database?
                      mbenga, all game used shirts,from what i understand, should have the specific NBA id number.

Comment

• mbenga28
                        • Nov 2008

mbenga, all game used shirts,from what i understand, should have the specific NBA id number.
                        that's what I also assumed but based on those Knicks jerseys, it looks like not all game worn jerseys have that NBA id number tagging. I hope that doesn't become a problem down the road.

Comment

• deionsandersfan2137
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                          Its like the MLB Authentic Program ut with a tag rather than a hologram. You go online to database type in number and it should provide information about the jersey. I have a Duncan from there and its not in the system yet and another jersey I looked at from a 3rd party the number is also not in the system so I don't know if they loaded them in yet. This is an improvement because Meigray stuff has been faked in the past. Look at some other threads on here, in re Carmello Anthony jersey I believe it was.

I was wondering how do u check the numbers in the meigray data base as I have a bucks jersey id like to check? Please let me know thank u.

Comment

• AutographAddiction
                            • Aug 2010

I was also under this assumption from my talks with many other collectors. The tagging also says "EVERY PLAYER EVERY GAME" which confirmed (in
                            My opinion) that every game-worn jersey should have it. I could be wrong, though, now that I see the knicks Steiner jerseys. Not sure what to think.

Barry, Steiner rep-- step in please?

Comment

• mickeymbz
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by AutographAddiction
                              what i meant by "special tagging" is the Meigray gray id logo tag

Comment

Working...