PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Dodgers bat

gatorcollector
09-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I have had an LA Dodgers bat for years, ever since I was a kid growing up in Vero Beach, FL, about 2 miles from Dodgertown. It has the usual Louisville Slugger markings in the middle along with "Powerized". On the upper part of the barrel it says Genuine K48, below that it says Dodgers (where a player's name would normally appear), and below that it says Louisville Slugger. There are no markings on the knob.

I'm pretty sure this was just some kind of batting practice bat or something. Am I right? Not really looking to sell, but is there any value here? Thanks in advance.

Jay

sportscentury
09-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Jay,

Without seeing photos, it's hard to tell. But it sounds like it may have been a team-ordered generic team bat that would be used for batting practice, spring training, or even games (pitchers used to use team-labeled bats in games frequently). If you'll post a few photos, you may get some additional help.

Best,
Reid

ironmanfan
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Reid is certainly on the right track. I got one of these bats ("Orioles" version) in the late 1980's and over the years have had various Orioles players sign it (makes a nice presentation).