PDA

View Full Version : Indians game used jersey question

richsu39
06-26-2011, 08:15 PM
I bought a couple of game jersey form the Indians awhile back Peralta "spring training" CC game jeresey, and Lee game jersey from the team shop. I was told from Indians officals they were used in the games. I decided to look them up on the mlb website and this is what it said. The question I have is did mlb auth jersey as game used back then or did they just put them as signed jerseys. The other question I have is do you think these jerseys were left in thier lockers and then signed in spring training and then donated to Indians charities.
Thanks again for your help. Rich

Hologram number BB459705 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under JERSEYS.
Session Product Description: SIGNED JERSEY

Session Name: CLEVELAND INDIANS SIGNING
Session Date: Feburary 27, 2007
Autographer: JHONNY PERALTA
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC

Hologram number BB031004 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under JERSEYS.
Session Product Description: SIGNED JERSEY

Session Name: CLEVELAND INDIANS SPRING TRAINING SIGNING
Session Date: March 31, 2006
Autographer: C.C. SABATHIA
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC

Hologram number MT00408416 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under JERSEYS.
Session Product Description: AUTOGRAPHED CLEVELAND INDIANS HOME JERSEY - WHITE

Session Name: DETROIT TIGERS @ CLEVELAND INDIANS
Session Date: July 06, 2005
Autographer: CLIFF LEE
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

dcgreg25
06-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Rich, I am a pretty big Indians collector and have come across this issue in the past. They did authenticate jerseys as game used back then. Based on the pics, the tags appear pretty crisp on the Sabathia and the Lee but they are consistent with used/issued jerseys. My guess is they were leftover game issued from the previous year and ended up getting signed. They could have been used in a game or two but I would have to see the jerseys in person to be able to comment on any wash wear. The Peralta appears to show good game use but the signing date is not the end of Spring Training so it may have been leftover from the previous year.

The bottom line is that the authentication is only for the signatures so you have to rely on the other evidence to discern any game use. The Indians are all over the place on game used items as they have multiple outlets (Cleveland Indians Charities, Team Shop, etc) working to get used jerseys and the end result is a program that is very inconsistent.

richsu39
06-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I know the Indians is very inconsistent and it seems to me they sell some off the wall stuff. I was there about a month ago and an Omar Vizquel game used bat from his Indians days an Edgar Martinez game bat and I even got three Victor Martinez game bat. I asked the manger how do you get these things and he said the Indians just send random stuff up. Thanks again for your help. Rich