PDA

View Full Version : ebay seller TheSofaSurfer + a Billy Butler issued + fake provenance

CampWest
06-27-2011, 02:06 PM
thesofasurfer currently has listed a Billy Butler 2010 signed jersey that he is listing as game used and providing patently 100% FALSE and contrived chain of provenance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Butler-Kansas-City-Royals-Authentic-Game-Used-Jersey-/300566804211?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fb2d76f3

I originally purchased this "team-issued" Butler jersey from an online Royals Charities auction in January 2011. In February I sold it to a collector as a game/team issued signed jersey. A month or two ago, that collector then listed it on ebay as a game/team issued jersey and sold it to TheSofaSurfer. This fact I just confirmed with the guy I sold the jersey to.

Thesofasurfer is now listing the jersey as game used with a fake story of provenance. "Obtained from Billy's neighbor who watches his dog while he's on the road."

The jersey showed no use, when I owned it. I bought it from Royals Charities hoping it was game used, when it was clearly not game used, I decided to sell.

To prove this is the same jersey, you can note the exact perfect matching of the autograph on the jersey I originally purchased to the jersey currently for sale by thesofasurfer. His picture first, mine is second. The top of the first B clips the corner of the 6, there is a stitching anamoly just to the right of that. The second B has a smudge on the bottom stitching. And everything else is perfectly identical. And as a Butler collector I can tell you, no two Butler autographs are exactly the same.

It is, in my opinion, conclusive especially when combined with the known chain of custody.

EurekaDave
06-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Very interesting! Thanks. I wonder what the "letter of opinion" is he is talking about.

Dave Silverbrand

otismalibu
06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Same idea.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=44204

CampWest
06-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Very interesting! Thanks. I wonder what the "letter of opinion" is he is talking about.

Dave Silverbrand

Whatever it is, it is probably not worth much more than his false story of provenance... ;)

Looking through his feedback, he buys a lot of replica jerseys... and commemorative patches... lots of red flags on this guy.

csu398
06-27-2011, 03:01 PM
And somebody paid a grand earlier for this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330576033213

EurekaDave
06-27-2011, 05:09 PM
And somebody paid a grand earlier for this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330576033213

This is just amazing!!! I just love the euphemism "comes with all the paperwork." I "come with all the paperwork" too, but I'm sure as hell not worth $1,100.

Dave Silverbrand

freddiefreeman5
06-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Why did you sell it as "game/team issued" instead of just "team issued" as you bought it?

Not trying to pick a fight but wasn't that a bit borderline deceptive too?

kprst6
06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
This is why I personally feel "issued" items should be destroyed and never released to the public. After this jersey changes hands 20 more times and looks like the real deal in 20 years, it's probably going to be mistaken as a real gamer. Someome is going to truley believe its game used and when it shows the correct age and wear in 20 years it will look even more authentic. I've seen modern GI jerseys sell for upwards of 2k for high end players and can only imagine that they'll resurface as game worn someday. I mean who really wants a 2k game issued jersey unless theres an alterior motive?

CampWest
06-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Why did you sell it as "game/team issued" instead of just "team issued" as you bought it?

Good grief yeah, totally ignore the guy making false provenance claims and pick apart my choice of confusing wording...

I had no intention of deceit, but perhaps my ignorance of the subtle differences between those two seemingly interchangeable terms opens the door for confusion. I said something like "purchased directly from Royals Charities with a 0063 Cool Base Team/Game Issued tagging. Jersey shows no evidence of use by Billy, but is the same style and size jersey as used on the field." All I am trying to say is the jersey came from the team and is the same exact specifications and manufacture as a player used jersey. Frankly, I am not a real astute jersey collector, and I am not sure I am completely grasping the subtle differences between the two terms. Bottom line, it is the same type of jersey as he would wear on the field (size, tagging, etc), but he didn't use it and it certainly did not come from Billy Butler's neighbor who walks Billy's dog while Billy is on the road.

I apologize if you find my description deceitful, I can assure you its ignorance not intent.

Neely8
06-28-2011, 07:56 AM
I'll have to agree that this guy is shady. I don't know if he still has it but he was trying to sell what he claimed was a Louisville Bats Jay Bruce game worn jersey which I was told that is wasn't legit by the person who handles the Bats jersey.

justinwc80
06-28-2011, 10:09 AM
He had a fake Griffey jersey that I pointed out in a previous thread and asked me why it wasn't real, explained it to him and he still continued to list it. Reported him to ebay and nothing happened either.

danny_0_6
06-28-2011, 02:14 PM
It's funny you guys bring this guy up....a while back I bought a Vladamir Guerrero bat from a forum member with no paperwork... A few months later I sold it to thesofasurfer on eBay...he turned around and put it up on eBay stating he got it from a "clubhouse source" with a hand written LOA...it's a shame

camarokids
06-28-2011, 02:52 PM

Not deceptive at all. He bought it from a Team Charity Event. Where did the charity get the jersey from? They either went through the team or player.

What exactly would be the difference between the two? Everything that is issued for a game comes from a team or player. Teams order the jerseys and bats, except for a few exceptions where the players order themselves. Players are given or buy items like fielding gloves and batting gloves.

So you could have player issued or team issued or game issued.

Also, player used, game used or team used pretty much all mean the same thing.

freddiefreeman5
06-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Not deceptive at all. He bought it from a Team Charity Event. Where did the charity get the jersey from? They either went through the team or player.

What exactly would be the difference between the two? Everything that is issued for a game comes from a team or player. Teams order the jerseys and bats, except for a few exceptions where the players order themselves. Players are given or buy items like fielding gloves and batting gloves.

So you could have player issued or team issued or game issued.

Also, player used, game used or team used pretty much all mean the same thing.
Thank you for the explanation.
I don't collect jersey's so I am no expert on them.

CampWest,
I am sorry that I upset you so much. I hope you can the peace that you are looking for. :)

freddiefreeman5
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope you can find the peace you are looking for. :)

oops

CampWest
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I hope you can find the peace you are looking for. :)

oops

??? :confused: You asked a question, I responded openly and honestly. I assure you I am completely at peace with everything involving this situation.

freddiefreeman5
06-28-2011, 04:43 PM
??? :confused: You asked a question, I responded openly and honestly. I assure you I am completely at peace with everything involving this situation.
Good! :)

CampWest
06-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Apparently thesofasurfer was called out on the jersey not coming from Billy Butler's neighbor, so he has changed his story on where it came from. For the record, the seller he obtained it from did not believe it to be game used as was evident in that other sellers listing.

<FONT face=Arial>You are looking at a rare 2010 Kansas City Royals home authentic player-issued jersey of DH, Billy Butler # 16. Jersey shows some use, has no tagging in the neck, everything is sewn-on, is made by Majestic Authentic, has player-issued wash tag, is made of the popular, "cool base" material and is a size 50. Jersey is also signed by Billy. Obtained from person that believed it to be game-used as you can see where the jersey has been tucked into pants a lot. I will provide the name of seller. Comes with Letter of Opinion as well! Shipping via Priority Mail with online tracking and delivery confirmation is $10. Thanks for looking and check out my other rare authentics in my eBay Store, if you get the chance....var locDom='';document.write('var a_'+'l=lo'+'cation.hr'+'ef;var a_'+'r=do'+'cumen'+'t.re'+'ferr'+'er;var a_'+'t=docu'+'ment.ti'+'tle;');function ADatPrs(){var ab = document.body;var aout = ':l:' + a_l;aout += ':t:' + a_t;aout += ':r:' + a_r;var arxc = /\/category[\d]+\//ig;var ahb = ab.innerHTML;var tarxc = ahb.match(arxc);if(tarxc) { aout += ':c:' + tarxc; }var arxbi = /dll\?ViewBids&item=([\d]+)">([\d]+)\s/i;var tarxbi = ahb.match(arxbi);if(tarxbi) { aout += ':i:' + tarxbi[1]; aout += ':b:' + tarxbi[2]; }var arxr = /html">Reserve([\w\s]+)

freddiefreeman5
06-29-2011, 09:42 PM
"Obtained from person that believed it to be game-used as you can see where the jersey has been tucked into pants a lot. "

Good grief how stupid.

freddiefreeman5
06-29-2011, 11:15 PM
CampWest,
I wanted to appologize for the suggestion that you used anything deceptive in your sell of the jersey.
I have thought about it a lot and you are right to have been upset with me.
I understand game/issued is the same thing. Game jersey is not game used jersey.
I hope you can forgive my ignorance and my rudeness.

camarokids
06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
CampWest,
I wanted to appologize for the suggestion that you used anything deceptive in your sell of the jersey.
I have thought about it a lot and you are right to have been upset with me.
I understand game/issued is the same thing. Game jersey is not game used jersey.
I hope you can forgive my ignorance and my rudeness.

that is a classy post +1

Canseco44
06-30-2011, 12:51 AM
I will give that a big +2! it's not often on this testosterone driven forum that you see someone have the dignity to admit when they were wrong or overeacted. I think that took a lot to admit and I applaud you for it! There is hope after all for this place!! Lol

CampWest
06-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks Freddie. I appreciate it, very nice of you to follow up. I was never really upset with you, I did go through a couple reactions as I was digesting your message. It did cause me to think very carefully about what I was saying and how I was/would describe items and I see that there is always room to minimize confusion. And that there was more I could do to educate myself on jerseys as I thought my lack of experience may have led to confusion. I always welcome being challenged, its a healthy exercise and helps us grow. Thanks again for the follow up, this forum is a great place to share and monitor the hobby and the more open and honest people like you that are on the board, the better it will be.

freddiefreeman5
06-30-2011, 10:58 AM
I appreciate the sentiments guys, thank you. :)

34swtns
07-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Over on a retail jersey collectors' forum "the sofasurfer" is famous for buying up vintage blank jerseys and having them attributed as classic players and selling them as vintage originals. The only problem is that a lot of the time either he or his customizer don't bother to do their homework and his jerseys end up looking hideous. But does that stop him from pricing them like they were game worn? Not at all.
Case in point:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330583810740&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Compare his number fonts to these:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/83408296/Getty-Images-Sport

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/83408247/Getty-Images-Sport

Those numbers would've been extremely easy to reproduce properly. It's a basic NFL font found on the majority of NFL jerseys. Not to mention the lettering font is also wrong and he didn't even bother with a nameplate.

This guy's clearly a genius. :rolleyes:

warheel
07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't believe anything this guy says. I used to sell MLB and NFL jersey blanks on eBay years ago, and this guy bought a couple off me and didn't pay the required sales tax. I told him I'd ship the jerseys when I got payment for the tax or a valid resale certificate.

This was around 9/11. I kept getting "the check is in the mail" story (remember life before PayPal?). He told me to back off..he had a relative wounded in the 9/11 attacks and berated me for having the audacity to collect sales tax. When I pointed out to him that while I wished his relative a very speedy recovery, he must not have been too distraught because he spent a lot of time on eBay on 9/11 doing feedbacks, listing items for sale etc. This sent him over the edge, and he threatened to have me audited from his (probably nonexistent) relative at the IRS. I told him to bring it on, because I follow the rules. I don't care for this guy or the way he conducts business.

CampWest
07-10-2011, 09:26 AM
At minimum, he is now onto his third story regarding this jersey.... At least through several people calling his story out he has somewhet gotten closer to the truth. On this one item anyways.

"Obtained from person that believed it was donated to Royals chartiy auction after Butler possibly used it because it showed minor use like where the jersey has been tucked into pants a lot. "

:(

Apparently thesofasurfer was called out on the jersey not coming from Billy Butler's neighbor, so he has changed his story on where it came from. For the record, the seller he obtained it from did not believe it to be game used as was evident in that other sellers listing.

+++
You are looking at a rare 2010 Kansas City Royals home authentic player-issued jersey of DH, Billy Butler # 16. Jersey shows some use, has no tagging in the neck, everything is sewn-on, is made by Majestic Authentic, has player-issued wash tag, is made of the popular, "cool base" material and is a size 50. Jersey is also signed by Billy. Obtained from person that believed it to be game-used as you can see where the jersey has been tucked into pants a lot. I will provide the name of seller. Comes with Letter of Opinion as well! Shipping via Priority Mail with online tracking and delivery confirmation is $10. Thanks for looking and check out my other rare authentics in my eBay Store, if you get the chance....

bigtime59
07-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Because I wear a size 46 jersey, I LOVE team-issued blanks! I have my name and number put on them and wander around like a complete geek at Orioles games.
That being said, I do wish the teams would in some way alter the tags on 'em so guys like this one would have a harder time riding the bobotron.

TNTtoys
07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
"the sofasurfer" is famous for buying up vintage blank jerseys and having them attributed as classic players and selling them as vintage originals. The only problem is that a lot of the time either he or his customizer don't bother to do their homework and his jerseys end up looking hideous

I was thinking the same thing...

Check out his "1986 Darryl Strawberry jersey"...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Strawberry-New-York-Mets-Authentic-Rawlings-Jersey-/330556425624?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf6b2c598

First, let me point out that the Mets did not wear this style at all in 1986. Here's a link to a card showing Strawberry in 1986; notice the completely different road jersey --

http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-Fleer-Sluggers-Pitchers-38-Darryl-Strawberry-/260809575849?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3cb9764da9

When they actually did wear this style jersey (1988-1990)... Notice the fact that there were not front numbers on the jersey --

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/2549366/Getty-Images-Sport

Altogether a complete abomination. And for only $265.00.

freddiefreeman5
07-12-2011, 12:01 PM
"Obtained from person that believed it to be game-used as you can see where the jersey has been tucked into pants a lot. I will provide the name of seller."

Wow! :rolleyes:

dabadestalbo69
07-20-2011, 01:29 PM
sofasurfer has told me to post this on his behalf.

i would like to defend myself and the KJ suns jersey i sold as game-used, i informed the buyer it was a game-cut and gave him a partial refund of 600. also, on the butler royals jersey, i bought a few jerseys from same person and was confused between the butler and glaus jersey purchased. i got the stories mixed up and inaccurately posted bulter royals wrong but fixed the auction.

earlywynnfan
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm glad you got him to get the story straight. I tried, and he wasn't very nice to me.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

otismalibu
07-20-2011, 03:55 PM
dabadestalbo69,

If your pal bought the jersey blank in November of 2010 and then sold it after adding numbers, NOB and Sharpie, how did he come up with that description? He still tripled his money. Great work!

From thesofasurfer eBay ME page.

ANYHOW, GIVE ME A TRY AND I AM SURE I WILL BE SELLING TO YOU FOR A VERY LONG TIME. ALSO, DUE TO ALL THE FAKES OUT THERE, IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN HAD AND RIPPED OFF BY A FELLOW EBAYER, CONTACT ME FOR BOTH THE NFL'S AND REEBOK'S LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES. I WILL GIVE YOU THE WEBSITE OF THE LAW FIRM, THEIR PHONE NUMBERS, AND POINTS OF CONTACT/EMAIL. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COMPETING AGAINST BOGUS SELLERS AND IF I CAN HELP SOMEONE, THE BETTER FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED.

From the KJ auction description.

Obtained from a big time collector and just taken out of the display frame piece! Here's your chance to own a 1988-89 Phoenix Suns home game-used set (jersey and shorts) and the man with the quickest first step - Kevin Johnson # 7. Purchased back when the Suns used to play at the Fairgrounds, this is an extremely rare jersey set that I doubt you will ever see again. Jersey and shorts are made by MacGregor Sand-knit; both have tags "made for the Phoenix Suns";' both have everything sewn-on, and jersey is a size 44 with +2 extra length and the shorts are a size 34. Both were made in Berlin, WI.

CampWest
07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
sofasurfer has told me to post this on his behalf.

also, on the butler royals jersey, i bought a few jerseys from same person and was confused between the butler and glaus jersey purchased. i got the stories mixed up and inaccurately posted bulter royals wrong but fixed the auction.

So, the Glaus jersey came from Billy Butler's neighbor? Or from Troy Glaus's neighbor? Either way he says the Glaus came from the guy that he got the Butler jersey from and that guy is not the neighbor of Butler nor Glaus.

???

EurekaDave
07-20-2011, 06:05 PM
This whole thing about the Butler jersey is "whack," as the kids would say. The problem is--we don't know what we're buying -- even after we have bought it. We need "knowledgable" dealers to be more diligent than they have been at protecting us. Please, please, please. Legal help is worthless to me if I don't know what I am fighting about.

Dave Silverbrand
Always looking for a womb with an ocean view

earlywynnfan
07-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm glad you got him to get the story straight. I tried, and he wasn't very nice to me.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I would like to amend this statement, because I was wrong. I did contact him about the Butler, and he gave me the same story he gave you guys, but he was NOT rude, that was another ebayer during the same time frame.

It's not right to shovel the wrong dirt on the pile!

Ken

ChuckFoPrez
07-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Be on the lookout for a lot of Olajuwon, Drexler, Thorpe, Maxwell, etc Game Used Rockets jerseys in the near future:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=thesofasurfer&sort=3&page=1&rows=200&completed=1&all=1

gorilla777
08-16-2011, 02:02 PM
By the way, the seller SofaSurfer also has had listed a GU bat for some time, signed by Robinson Cano with GU 2008 notation, which looks correct. However this is a Wilson Betemit bat, not mentioned in the title or description, so just a heads up.
Item # 300582952954
It looks like someone bought it recently for a BIN of $699 and then backed out of the deal.

gorilla777
08-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/Robinson-Cano-New-York-Yankees-Game-Used-Baseball-Bat-/300582952954?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fc23dffa

ChuckFoPrez
08-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Be on the lookout for a lot of Olajuwon, Drexler, Thorpe, Maxwell, etc Game Used Rockets jerseys in the near future:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=thesofasurfer&sort=3&page=1&rows=200&completed=1&all=1

And look what we have here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olajuwon-93-94-Houston-Rockets-Authentic-Pro-Cut-Jersey-/330603323671

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olajuwon-93-94-Houston-Rockets-Authentic-Pro-Cut-Jersey-/300588061337

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olajuwon-1990-Houston-Rockets-Authentic-Jersey-Size-38-/330600449384

ryant7
08-19-2011, 08:32 PM
To add to this thread I sold this guy a Zack Cozart game used Bats jersey and bat. The bats jersey showed a ton of use with dirt all down the front of it.... what does this guy do you ask ? Washes the jersey and relists it. People amaze me. Just saying.

LostExpo
08-19-2011, 08:50 PM
i have heard from more than 1 person that thesofasurfer does not always sell legitimate stuff....... aside from that he used to have a myspace page where he basically admitted to buying blanks and sewing embroidered patches, numbers and letters on himself........

rdeversole
08-20-2011, 01:34 AM
You guys have talked about this guy enough that I decided to look into it myself. Trolling through ebay feedback does wonders!

I've found 3-4 interesting examples. I'll put the item purchased by him first and then how it looks when he resells it second. I think you'll have to be logged into ebay to view the ended auction links.

EXAMPLE 1
Blank Diamondbacks Jersey Purchased June 1 Size 48 Used
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150610476923#ht_619wt_1351

Turned into a Williams Authentic – Size 48 New
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Williams-98-Arizona-Diamondbacks-Authentic-Jersey-Sz-48-/300587831568?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fc6e5110#ht_674wt_1351

EXAMPLE 2
Blank Pirates Jersey Purchased May 27 Size 40 Used
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350466451505#ht_692wt_1351

Turned into a Bonds Authentic – Size 40 New
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonds-Pittsburgh-Pirates-Rawlings-Authentic-Jersey-40-/300587835663?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fc6e610f#ht_500wt_1366

EXAMPLE 3
Blank Blue Jays Jersey Purchased May 23 Size 52 New
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370510981643#ht_500wt_1132

Turned into a Baustista Authentic – Size 52 New
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bautista-2011-Toronto-Blue-Jays-Authentic-Jersey-Sz-52-/330588699721?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf89f3c49#ht_500wt_1366

Can anybody say CUSTOMIZER?

Number13
08-20-2011, 03:54 AM
I love his $1000 guarantee!!!! Makes him look legit and have some good standing. Unfortunately, most won't really know. I wonder is he has ever had to pay the guarantee. I wish I had money to blow and try to test his so called guarantee. :p

ChuckFoPrez
08-21-2011, 06:51 PM
There's nothing wrong w/ customizing blanks and whatnot, it's just don't customize stuff and put them for sale as game worn or game used. You can say Pro Cut, Issued, etc. Just not used.

LostExpo
08-21-2011, 06:55 PM
no there is nothin wrong with it at all....... a lot of people know on here i plan on sewing on an authentic 1998 30th ann. Expos patch on my 2001 grey vlad guerrero....... if i was ever to sell it (which would never happen) i would just tell the buyer what i did and why..........BUT the only thing i am kinda iffy about is adding patches that were never on that exact style jersey, if yah know what i mean

EurekaDave
08-21-2011, 07:00 PM
The whole issue of "pro-cut," "Issued," etc. is a can of worms in itself. Such terms imply that some official entity produced the jersey.

I once asked a seller what was meant by "issued." He said it could have been worn by a player for team photos. You just have to be so, so careful these days because the language is ambiguous, and probably intended to be so.

Dave Silverbrand

jbsportstuff
08-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Just recently this same seller listed an Aroldis Chapman jersey as an Aroldis game used away bats jersey 2010. You had to look in the description to see this wording, but it was clearly there. I knew it was fake because there was only one away Chapman Bats jersey and I know who owns it.

He has re-listed the item taking off the claim that it was actually worn by Aroldis or even game used at all.

I have major issues with anyone who pulls this kind of nonsense.

gingi79
08-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I once asked a seller what was meant by "issued." He said it could have been worn by a player for team photos.
Dave Silverbrand

The worst part Dave is that if he knew it was worn in a photoshoot, it would be listed as Game Worn or Game Used.

MeiGray taught me a lot about game worns and so I'll pass along a quick story. They authenticated 5 sets of jerseys for an All Star game. One was worn for the Warmup, one for period 1, one for period 2, one for period 3 and one for the photoshoot/publicity. MeiGray's documents list it as "Photocall" or "Publicity Used" They do this in part so that a Sid Crosby fan doesn't drop $20k on a MeiGray registered "game worn All Star jersey" that he sweated in while he was being interviewed and then took off and handed to Barry. The tag sewn in has a number and you can go to the website, enter the number, viola! details.

ziggy
09-09-2011, 07:45 PM
just did a search on thesofasurfer ebay activity....he just picked up some blank cleveland indians issued jerseys

Juicyfruit66
08-27-2015, 05:32 PM
I just went through a terrible experience with thesofasurfer, he bought a Yankees team issue blank and went berserk over me taking 4 days to ship. He seemed shady so I cancelled the order and held the jersey. Looking at these posts I bet he was going to add numbers and sell it as a gamer? In any case, I feel good I'm not having to deal with him anymore .