What's a "fair" price to pay for a Hines Ward 2001 away game jersey?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preston
    • Mar 2010

What's a "fair" price to pay for a Hines Ward 2001 away game jersey?

Seeing as Steelers jerseys are very hard to come by, what would be a good price to pay for this? A guy I know is wanting to sell theirs, and I'm interested but wanted to gather some opinions.

Thanks in advance!
  • Shipp_96
    • Feb 2011

Re: What's a "fair" price to pay for a Hines Ward 2001 away game jersey?

Hines charges $8000 on his site for his game worn, signed jersey. I guess you know it is coming from him and all, but I find that price absurd, personally.

So I guess use that as a gauge and go from there...

Comment

• Preston
      • Mar 2010

$8K IS absurd...beyond absurd!

The guy is offering it for WAY less than that so that's at least a good start - anyone else please feel free to chime in

Comment

• mickeymbz
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Preston
        $8K IS absurd...beyond absurd!

The guy is offering it for WAY less than that so that's at least a good start - anyone else please feel free to chime in
        hes got another on there for 5k..at his website

Comment

• Preston
          • Mar 2010

Interesting...still too high lol.

Anyone have a guess as to what an estimated "value" a jersey of his would be? It's got light wear and a repair, too.

Comment

• Skinsandwiz
            • Jun 2010

He has is 04 Pro Bowl Gamer for 4K. Out of all the Jerseys thats a fair price considering its Pro Bowl

Comment

• Preston
              • Mar 2010

And game worn Pro Bowl jerseys from what I understand are EXTREMELY rare...the price is under $1,000 so I'm assuming this is a no-brainer?

Comment

• dcgreg25
                • Jan 2008

Given the scarcity of good Steelers jerseys, large fan base and Ward's prominence if you can get it for less than $1K you should jump all over it.

Comment

• Preston
                  • Mar 2010

Exactly what I was thinking but wanted to make absolute sure - thanks guys! I'm going to sell a couple things and pick this one up.

Comment

• kprst6
                    • Mar 2011

In all honesty, if the jersey is under $1,000 and it's not photo-matched, it's probably a fake.

Comment

• kprst6
                      • Mar 2011

Also, in 2001, Hines Ward only wore 1 home and 1 away jersey during the entire season which included the pre-season and playoffs. If you cannot photo-match the jersey to 1 picture during the entire 2001 season, then it's not real.

Comment

• hrvatwill
                        • Jan 2008

There was one on ebay just the other week that was accompanied by JO Sports paperwork and which had a starting bid of $4,000. Nobody placed a bid, though. JO Sports was selling some of his jerseys earlier this year which were signed by him and which went for more than that.

$1,000 is an absolute steal, assuming the jersey is authentic. My advice would be to try and get some good photos and photomatch the jersey beforehand to ensure its authenticity. Steelers gamers can often by photomatched by looking at the pattern of the stitching where the sleeves meet the body. I have matched both of my Steelers gamers in this manner.

Good luck! Oh, and if it's real and you get it for less than $1,000, I'd be more than happy to buy it off of you for a very significant premium!!! So let me know if you want to flip it!!!

Comment

• Preston
                          • Mar 2010

I do have pics of it...would someone be willing to help if I posted pics tonight?

This is WHY I LOVE this board - unlike some of the other forums I've been involved with, people here actually HELP people. Hell of a concept, I know!!

Comment

• kprst6
                            • Mar 2011

The one one eBay was more than likely a fake as I personally know what he still owns.

If the Ward you are attempting to buy is this one:

I would stay away from it.

Comment

• hrvatwill
                              • Jan 2008

I can try and help you. Make sure the pictures show the stitching pattern on the front and back of the sleeves. That will greatly facilitate the process.

Comment

Working...