Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shoremen44
    • Jul 2007

Pujols Bats

I have been offered a few Pujols bats lately and have passed on several of them due to several different issues...

Most noteably, I want really solid gamers...

As well I have been watching this bat on ebay

and I was shocked to see it end at $3,100... with the influx of these bats I am really surprised at the prices they are bringing...

I would love to hear other comments, because I would have placed the value of that bat in the $1500 to $2000 range... $3100 is more of a rookie gamer price to me.

Have I completely lost it?... maybe I need to re-evaluate what some of my collection is worth

Bert
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com
  • flota89
    • Jul 2009

Re: Pujols Bats

Originally posted by shoremen44
    I have been offered a few Pujols bats lately and have passed on several of them due to several different issues...

Most noteably, I want really solid gamers...

As well I have been watching this bat on ebay

and I was shocked to see it end at $3,100... with the influx of these bats I am really surprised at the prices they are bringing...

I would love to hear other comments, because I would have placed the value of that bat in the $1500 to $2000 range... $3100 is more of a rookie gamer price to me.

Have I completely lost it?... maybe I need to re-evaluate what some of my collection is worth

Bert
    I'd say your collection is worth a lot more than you probably thought. I thought the same thing about all those recent gamers.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• rj_lucas
      • Apr 2009

The influx of a couple dozen bats plus or minus doesn't come close to addressing the demand, so there's been no drag on pricing. If anything, my sense is that prices have ticked up.

Unless the supply rises to meet demand, or the demand decreases to match supply, there's no reason to believe market values will drop. Babe Ruth signed thousands of balls but good luck finding a decent example under $5K.

The true rarities, such as rookie and milestone bats (i.e. extraordinarily small supply and extraordinarily high demand) push the pricing curve even further. So few have been sold privately or publicly that it's very difficult to assign a market value IMO.

Rick

Comment

• CampWest
        • May 2008

Yeah, I'd have loved to grab that Pujols at 1500-2000. I think thats a really solid buy. It probably is still an okay buy at 3k. Before your reassess your collection, lets make a deal, maybe two.
        sigpic
        Wes Campbell

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

with so many out there, that is too much money. if no one buys them, the price will come down.

Comment

• vonbrandingo
            • May 2009

Shoremen44, that bat that you link to in your post sold for 3750 on eBay a few months ago. Maybe the price difference has something to do with his injury or the fact that there was another example graded gu 10 signed in silver for sale at the same time. That one sold for 3050 on eBay.

I have a feeling we've seen only a small fraction of these 2010 gamers from Pujols' Dec 4 signing.

Comment

• 5toolplayer
              • Apr 2011

At the beginning of the season I bought a beautiful 2009 auto Pujols Marucci gamer PSA 9.5 for $3100 and just picked up a auto Pujols 2006 SAM game used bat PSA 7.5 for 1750.00....so IMO Pujols bats aren't going to be going down anytime soon.

2006 SAM Bat PSA 7.5 Auto= $1750

2009 Marucci Bat PSA 9.5 Auto= $3100
              5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• shoremen44
                • Jul 2007

Yeah, I'd have loved to grab that Pujols at 1500-2000. I think thats a really solid buy. It probably is still an okay buy at 3k. Before your reassess your collection, lets make a deal, maybe two.
                Wes... lol... thanks for the offer
                Bert
                ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• CampWest
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by shoremen44
                  Wes... lol... thanks for the offer

I was watching the one that ended early this morning and under 2k was really my budget, when I went to bed last night it was still at 1200 or so ... I was hoping everyone else was taking a long weekend and sleeping in. Sadly, it went too high for me right now.
                  sigpic
                  Wes Campbell

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                    • Feb 2011

Nice Pujols bat 5tool, I agree unless his #'s come down after he returns from the wrist injury for the rest of his career, prices will always be HIGH on anything Pujols Game Used!!!

Comment

• BostonSportsFan
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2010

I contacted forum member grandslam yesterday Juan Iglasias who I believe has been a long time member on this forum regarding an Albert Pujols 2011 gamer he has available for sale. I was informed of this by a good friend and have been looking for a solid Pujols for some time. The first two pictures are of the bat in question that Juan was making available for sale. The bottom two pictures are courtesy of another forum member Andrew Lang who I contacted as Juan informed me this bat was obtained when the Cardinals visited the Nats last month. Andrew is a great friend and solid source of course on Nats items and I knew he had handled Pujols bats in the past.

Is this the same bat? If so, how would it show use when it showed none? I am told that Jeff Scott has been advised of this matter and according to Jeff this bat was not used during that series in Washington. I will let Jeff comment on that if he chooses to do so. If these are the same bat and this bat was not used by Pujols during this visit to Washington yet according to Juan was obtained directly from the Nationals during or after that series then how is the use explained on this bat? It is my opinion and that of several others that these are one and the same bat.

Something is not right here and I intend to get to the bottom of it.

Best,

Joe

jmahoney252@yahoo.com
                      Attached Files

Comment

• rj_lucas
                        • Apr 2009

No question it's the same bat e.g. the small dot to the lower left of the date code and the blemish above the P in AP5.

Joe, can you post additional photos of the 'game use'? It's easy to fake scuff marks, but much harder to fake seam impressions from a 95 MPH pitch hit by a bat traveling at 100 MPH.

Like you, I'd be curious to hear responses from all involved parties.

Rick

Comment

• CampWest
                          • May 2008

Without question the exact same knob. knick above the 4, dot left of the 3, half circle right of the big 5, and indisputably wood grains identical...
                          sigpic
                          Wes Campbell

Comment

• GrndSlm
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2006

This in unbelievable....Yes, i have been a long time Forum member and have helped countless people start, find and continue to have a great time collecting. The photos that I have are the ones of the bat that I received and sold. I did get it from a contact which Ive been doing business with for years !! What now every bat, jersey and sock that I get from this guy is FAKE. Come on, this is insulting and thats why very prominent LONG time dealers dont even post here. Im done.....

By the way, any false statements on my integrity that get posted better be justified. I dont play that and I will follow legal action against anyone that does. Get to the bottom of that

Juan Iglesias
                            GrndSlm@aol.com

Comment

• BostonSportsFan
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2010

He said he did not have any additional photos beyond those two I posted. I am posting three additional photos that Juan shared with me on the bat he had available for sale. You can make up your own mind on this matter. I believe I already posted the one photo previously. Juan indicated to me yesterday afternoon that the bat had in fact sold after I had inquired about it so it is apparently no longer available for sale in any case.

Given the fact that he viewed photos of this bat after the Cards left town and it had zero use and was game issued, then I am not sure what the explanation is on how it suddenly has game use. I don't know Juan Iglasias personally all I know is what is being shown here. Had I not run this by him I would have never known anything about this matter. Jeff Scott has each of Albert's at bats during the Nats series on video and Jeff has stated to him that Albert did not use this bat in any of the games. Again, perhaps Jeff can provide some feedback on here as well on this matter.

Juan just posted himself that the bat was obtained by him from a contact with the team who he has been working with for years. Again, I have no idea but something is not right here. While I am also no expert on Pujols, I will leave that matter to Jeff Scott, Bert Magladry and other Pujols collectors, the ball marks don't look right to me nor do they look correct to a number of collectors who have personally called me to question this now that they have seen these photos based on typical Pujols use patterns.

Perhaps Juan can explain how this makes sense?

Rather than getting angry and defensive, just address the issue period.
                              Best,

Joe
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...