PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Restoration

DeacDoug
07-03-2011, 10:29 AM
If you need jersey restoration, contact Ruberti's in West Chester, PA. Phone 888 395-9383. Mitchell and Ness gave me the referral. Ruberti's started doing work for the Flyers years ago and have added the Eagles, Jets, and NY Giants in more recent years. They have a lot of equipment and have an extremely talented guy doing the work. Ruberti's beautiully restored two Phillies jerseys for me working from a third jersey that someone had restored previously. The price was more than reasonable.

I believe the guy can do anything. He will need a sample or template to work from. Perhaps a picture will do. Ruberti's wants more work and you can deal with them by mail. Hope this helps.

solarlottry
07-03-2011, 05:18 PM
thanks for the info. I have a couple 49ers shirts that need minor restoration and have not found anyone to do it.

One shirt is a 1994 gamer that the team removed the 75th patch for use on another shirt. According to my buddy who was the assistant equipment manager they did that a lot. Hopefully he can replace the missing patch with another patch that I have that was used on a "nobody" jersey from the Chiefs. The Chiefs used a "94" year tag on their shirts but the 49ers didnt. I am gonna put the "94" tag from the Chiefs shirt onto the 49er jersey as I think it looks cool. The shirt will be unique in that sense and a cool addition to the collection. Check out the image as it shows where the patch was and hopefully will be!!

Thanks for the info and I will post pics once I get the shirts back.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Always buying 1994 49er gamer and looking for ANY player on that team. Also looking for quality 49er gamers with team letters. Paying a nice finders fee as well.

otismalibu
07-03-2011, 06:01 PM
The Chiefs used a "94" year tag on their shirts but the 49ers didnt. I am gonna put the "94" tag from the Chiefs shirt onto the 49er jersey as I think it looks cool.

I can maybe see restoring the 75th patch, but I don't follow adding a tag that wasn't the norm for the 49ers. Obviously, it's your jersey to do as you please, but why would you make something look less authentic?

And, anyhow, we've already established the protocol for adding stuff to jerseys.

You add the patch and then you add some marker. Then you get busted and remove the patch and wash out the marker. Then you sell it to diamond icons.

solarlottry
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I can maybe see restoring the 75th patch, but I don't follow adding a tag that wasn't the norm for the 49ers. Obviously, it's your jersey to do as you please, but why would you make something look less authentic?

And, anyhow, we've already established the protocol for adding stuff to jerseys.

You add the patch and then you add some marker. Then you get busted and remove the patch and wash out the marker. Then you sell it to diamond icons.

I have no plans on selling the shirt and because it is a "no name" player I thought it would look cool. Obviously it is altering the jersey but since the shirt is to remain in my collection adding the "94" makes it a little different. It would always be something that I would let people know about if they asked. I would not want to create any confusion though by adding the "94" as it was not the standard for that year. Funny thing is the 49ers did add year tags in 93, 95 and 99. If I post images I would absolutely clarify that the "94" was added by me, not the team.

I have no interest in removing patches, washing out marker, changing tags etc etc nor do I have any interest in selling my collection. If I ever do I would never mis-represent anything. My collection is 100% authentic as I have done extensive research into each and every purchase. Maintaining a good reputation as a collector and evaluator of game used 49er items is important to me and I plan to keep it that way. By adding a "94" to a 1994 shirt that is remaining in my collection and by being transparent about it, I dont think it is an issue. Besides it might look cool!

Always buying 49ers gamers especially 1994 shirts (and ones with 94 year tags LOL!). Paying a nice finders fee as well.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

solarlottry
07-04-2011, 06:47 PM
After consultation with other 49er collectors the 75th patch will be restored but the "94" year tag will be left off thus not altering the shirt in anyway, except to restore the team removed patch. That way there is no confusion down the line especially if some kind of unforeseen event occurs and I am not around. My wife and family would have enough trouble going thru all the gamers I have (and she does not know about!) thus having an "oddity" would be more trouble than it is worth.

I would not want to put my family in the position of trying to figure out what is what, especially since they know nothing about 49ers gamers. Even though the shirt itself is a "no name" player, having a tag issue could put other, more valuable gamers, into question and it is just not worth the hassle so that one shirt can "look cool".

I take great pride in my collection and in the fact that it is "fake free". Every gamer has a story and legit provenance so keeping things that way is paramount.

Every collector should think and add items to their collection in this manner. Provenance and authenticity is a key component to any quality collection and down the line makes the sale of items that much easier and profitable.

Always looking for quality 49er gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer. Finders fees are out there for the taking. Will someone PLEASE get a finders fee already by hooking me up with the right shirt!!!!!!!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

chd49er
07-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Paul,

God forbid when that day comes as you are a great guy. That being said there is a simple solution. Tell your wife she will have no worries as I will take them all!!!!! Just make sure she knows where my number is.

Give me a call.

Clay

sox83cubs84
07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Paul:

I heartily support your final decision. My wife knows very little about the ins and outs of collecting, as well...she, too, would not know what would be an aberration to the norm in terms of tagging, sizing, etc.

Dave Miedema