PDA

View Full Version : Question on NFL Jersey Tags

masp3392
07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
behind the neck line on the jersey's usually you have that white tag that describes the year of the jersey and its size

Example "10-46"

Sometimes I see a letter right next to it, like a "D" or a "O" anyone know the significance of that?

Neely8
07-04-2011, 07:07 AM
They indicate the type of jersey. Ones I've seen are S-Skill, QB-Quarterback, L-Lineman, and D-Defense. I don't have any that are tagged O but I'd say that's probably for Offense.

masp3392
07-04-2011, 07:12 AM
They indicate the type of jersey. Ones I've seen are S-Skill, QB-Quarterback, L-Lineman, and D-Defense. I don't have any that are tagged O but I'd say that's probably for Offense.

much appreciated thank you

beaglegypsy003
07-06-2011, 01:50 AM
The following was from Jim Yackel's website back in 2007:
D = Defensive player cut (extra tight to the body);
L = Line-cut sleeves;
O = Offensive lineman cut (wide in the lower body);
PBL = "Pot Belly" similar to offensive lineman cut - wider near the tail to accommodate large guts;
QB = Quarterback style sleeves or wide open;
S = Skill cut sleeves
S4 = 4" sleeve length (usually QB style sleeves)

I have never seen the PBL designation.

Lester

G1X
07-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Below are photos that show several variations of the PB neck tagging found on NFL jerseys.
- The jersey in the first photo showing the PBO designation was worn by Hank Fraley of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2005.
- The PBS tagged jersey in the second photo was worn by Sam Rayburn of the Eagles in 2005.
- The third photo shows the PBL designation on a Rams jersey of Jimmy Kennedy.

Hope this information is helpful.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exhange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game-used items.