PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Game Used

asr1084
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
With all the NCAA allegations and violations due to memorabilia with OSU does that make it more valuable, more rare, worthless, etc? What are your thoughts?

OSU GU is hard enough to get your hands on in the first place, does the newest drama make it more difficult or easier? Interested in everyones opinions, thoughts, or even current situations or dealings.....

UGA016
07-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Having collected UGA GU stuff for a while. i have found it is hard to find most College Game Used stuff. Georgia is hard enough. With the latest in the OSU debacle I would say Harder now. After the AJ incident at UGA I found it a little tougher. But it will wear off.............

Shipp_96
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
As a PSU collector, I say this will make things much more tough for NCAA fans, and expect more regulated and controlled sales via the University directly. I would not say those tainted OSU items will be worthless; quite the opposite, in my opinion.

I heard grumbles while at the Blue White game in April that outside of those type of University ran and controlled events, good luck even getting student athlete signatures from this point out, until they of course graduate.

That just may be Joe PA and Penn State, but I think it may be the start of an unfortunate trend for college fans.

perlman9
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Ohio State seems to sell a lot of their stuff and auctions off most well know player jerseys once they lose eligibility (draft or graduation). I still know former players looking to move rings, pants, etc but players seem to keep jerseys, etc. But if you don't know the auction site, let me know and I will send it your way!

hohlernr1
07-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey would you let me know that auction site? Thanks!

perlman9
07-08-2011, 06:57 AM
https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/SellHome.dbml?&_MODE_=AUCTION&DB_OEM_ID=17300

Gridiron Heroes
07-08-2011, 09:48 AM
We used to sell a lot of Buckeyes stuff, but the demand from our core of collectors has dropped off quite a bit the past few months. The prices have also fallen to go with that. The supply will probably lesson, but so is the demand IMO. I would think that prices will go back up in a few years when the scandal is behind the program and the Bucks are contending for Big Ten championships (assuming they do).

perlman9
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Here is a sample of a jersey that was won on their auctions recently. If anyone is interested, I can help out as they live in a burb near me
http://columbus.craigslist.org/clt/2468242602.html