Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaiderNationPDX
    • Mar 2011

1970 NFL Football

Looking for a 1970 NFL game ball; this was a style of ball only used that year, and is the last football I need to round everything out. Date code on either side of the air valve will be CC, and it looks like this ball that cohibasmoker posted a while ago (the inked "Eagles" is, of course, not necessary):

There have been a couple sold on eBay recently; I was a losing bidder in both (I work in manufacturing, so accessing a computer/smartphone during the day to update your bid is a no-go, sadly). If you have one, my offer will be competitive.

Thanks, and let me know at dcipher[dot]art[at]gmail[dot]com!
  • RaiderNationPDX
    • Mar 2011

Re: 1970 NFL Football

A quick bump. I know these are hard to come by, but I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

• miracleonice80
      • Feb 2011

Yeah, those CC 1970 footballs are tough to get! I, too, saw the last listing on Ebay for one.....I also saw a CC Wilson NFL ball with the smaller NFL cursive script, not the block style letters for that 1970 ball......did they use both letter style for 1970? I thought I saw a photo from the 1970 playoffs using the block style and then in Super Bowl V that year, they had the smaller cursive script.

Comment

• RaiderNationPDX
        • Mar 2011

Yeah, you're right; definitely used the 71-75 ball for the playoffs in 1970. Never noticed that, and after going back through Getty a ways, can't really pin down the exact point they switched. Guess the league figured the typesetting on the ball was so ugly that they wanted them gone fast...

Comment

• miracleonice80
          • Feb 2011

Yeah, that block style lettering was almost like someone got a permanent marker and wrote NFL on the ball...

Comment

• RaiderNationPDX
            • Mar 2011

Should the seller of the 1970 ball on eBay right now happen to read the forum, I apologize if my offer was misconstrued; I am in fact a serious collector and do know what I'm looking at when I see a football. I wasn't attempting to lowball, I was making a very fair offer considering past sales of the same balls. Should you ever wish to negotiate further, my e-mail's at the top of this thread. I'm in no hurry.

Comment

• blackjack1
              • Sep 2011

i have a 1970 game presented ball from claude humphrie excellent condition have other game balls to from steve ramseys collection broncos quarter back in the 1970,s let me know thanks mark

Comment

• blackjack1
                • Sep 2011

what ever you want to know about game footballs and there codes let me know ill tell you thanks again mark

Comment

• RaiderNationPDX
                  • Mar 2011

Thanks for the reply; e-mail sent.

Comment

• miracleonice80
                    • Feb 2011

I picked up this 1970 NFL game ball recently. I had a really hard time tracking one of these down. This ball basically rounded out my NFL football collection out.....glad I found one in this shape!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...