PDA

View Full Version : how many Jeter jersey's

prichmond
07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
anyone have a guess as to how many jersery's Jeter wore the he hit number 3000?

frikativ54
07-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Haha. I guess after hit 3,000 he wore one every inning. So I'll bank on a total of roughly five jerseys. :p

Masimen
07-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Out curiosity I just checked Getty Images for about 10 minutes and while I could be wrong, all the images look to be the same Jersey believe it or not. I would have assumed there was some jersey changing going on at some point. There is one pic that says he is warming up before the game and pinstripes don't line up, but I think it may be mislabeled as it is the only pic i can find like that. Again, spending a little more time at it might reveal I am totally wrong.

zooat2
07-15-2011, 08:02 AM
- I believe they said he was going to wear two jerseys....the first one would be removed after 3k and then a second for the remainder of the game..

prichmond
07-15-2011, 10:10 AM
I did find a quote from Stiener that they were unsure what they would doewitht he Jersery's. Sell them off or cut one up and see it as pieces. It will be interesting to see what happens. Doesn't make Jeter look very good. Also a report in the New York Daily News that Stiener said jeter spent the night signing thousand of 3000 hit inscribed items
Pete

Ollie
07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Why doesn't it make Jeter look good? I am confused...

emann
07-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Why doesn't it make Jeter look good? I am confused...

I think his meaning was because Jeter didn't keep the jersey as a significant historic item (and donate it to the HOF, keep it for his family, etc) and instead Steiner will end up doing whatever they want with it.

This was actually the first I heard that Steiner kept the jersey and it sort of surprised me.

Masimen
07-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Here are 2 pictures. One taken at the home plate celebration after hit 3000 in the 3rd inning and one taken after his single in the 8th inning. Looks like the same Jersey. Even if he were to change jerseys every inning and sell them, how does that make him look bad? We have no idea what kind of deal he struck with Steiner or where that money would wind up. I might go toward a solid platinum toilet for his new home or it might go to his foundation. We will never know, nor do we have the right to know. Most of course will assume it went to hookers and blow because it is easier to assume the worst. I would have to assume he is going to keep the Jersey.

prichmond
07-15-2011, 01:41 PM
I think the preception in the public may be that it jeter who is doing the money grab, when it is Stiener who will benefit the most from this. The general public and sports talk will blame Jeter rightly or wrongly.

pete

prichmond
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
To see the article go over the the network 54 memoriabla side. It is posted there. Sorry not sure how to post it here.

Pete

zooat2
07-15-2011, 01:48 PM
- It was two jerseys, read below:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43685506

Masimen
07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
- It was two jerseys, read below:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43685506

OK so according to CNBC there will be 2 jerseys, neither of which will be sold. Now I need to look and see where he changed jerseys as those 2 jerseys from the 3rd and 8th inning look to be the same.