PDA

View Full Version : who is going to the national and what will you be looking for

prichmond
07-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Just curious who is going, will you have a booth and what will you be looking to add to your collection? I will be after oakland a's 1968 -1976 and PCL items. Not likely to find a lot but still lots of fun to look

pete

Dewey2007
07-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Pete, I can't make it to the National but I did pick up this PCL booklet recently from Mark Mcrae. Look him up at the show and he might have some PCL stuff you'd be interested in. Best, Dewey

Just curious who is going, will you have a booth and what will you be looking to add to your collection? I will be after oakland a's 1968 -1976 and PCL items. Not likely to find a lot but still lots of fun to look

pete

prichmond
07-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks I was a Mark's last show at the church in San Leandro. Love it. reminds me of going to shows when i was a kid at the veterans memorial building. Did you know he take a month to drive back to the national and stops at every antique store looking for items along the way. what a life.
Pete

Dewey2007
07-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Cool, you're a Bay Area guy too! I went to the St. Leanders show as well and picked up this item from him there. Yeah, he told me about the cross country trip he takes every year. Nice guy who is always willing to help a collector.

By the way, I have a 1976 A's yearbook with no cover that's headed for the recycling bin. If you want it for research material drop me a line at: deweystg@berkeley.edu and I'll mail it to you.

Thanks I was a Mark's last show at the church in San Leandro. Love it. reminds me of going to shows when i was a kid at the veterans memorial building. Did you know he take a month to drive back to the national and stops at every antique store looking for items along the way. what a life.
Pete

Preston
07-18-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm going!!

As far as what I'm looking for, I'm ALL over the board...I'll list a broad generalization though:

* Memphis Tigers game used (Memphis jerseys or alums)
* Tennessee Titans/Oilers game used
* Lots of different kinds of cards (stuff I can sell here...also Titans/Tigers/rookies/nice patches/autos etc - football, baseball, basketall and MMA)
* Autographed items for the man cave
* Random game used items
* Whatever else catches my eye

dcgreg25
07-18-2011, 10:03 AM
I will be there for the day on Saturday (6th) looking for:

-Cleveland Indians Game Used Items
-Kenny Lofton Game Used Items (any team)
-Victor Martinez Game Used Items (any team)
-Cleveland Browns Game Used Items
-NFL jerseys of former Notre Dame Players

AutographAddiction
07-18-2011, 12:14 PM
If anyone sees any of the following items, please let me know. My number can be requested through email.

Game-worn/used or any other cool items for:
NBA: Charlotte bobcats, Charlotte hornets, and any former UNC TAR HEEL.
NFL: Carolina panthers, and any former UNC TAR HEEL.
MLB: Atlanta braves, and any former UNC TAR HEEL.
NCAA: UNC TAR HEELS

THANKS EVERYONE

sox83cubs84
07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I will be there for a few hours each day, but don't plan on any buying. Why should I spend inflated show prices when I can get similar items for much less on eBay?

Dave Miedema

ccmunner
07-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I've never been to the National. Is it generally worth going? I live a few hours away and would be looking for some hard to find Tiger items. I wouldn't count on finding them but just wondering if they are fun to be at regardless if you buy anything or not.

prichmond
07-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I have been for the last five years. We live in califorina so its a big deal to spend the money. My son who is 16 and I think it is the greatest three days we spend each year. So much to look at.

Pete

Pinstripes
07-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I've never been to the National. Is it generally worth going? I live a few hours away and would be looking for some hard to find Tiger items. I wouldn't count on finding them but just wondering if they are fun to be at regardless if you buy anything or not.

You don't have to spend a dime and you will still have a great time at the National. I've been to several and just being around people who share the same passion is good enough for me.

thegoodz15
07-20-2011, 09:20 AM
morning forum memebers, we have been set up at 20 nationals and if you havent gone to one i would recommend it highly...its great to see collectors from all over the world putting voices with faces etc etc....going out to diner and sharing each other sports passions with each other. since 1984 ours of course is game used bats and we will have 500 game used bats and tables 312& 314. come by and just say hi and see our staff. its definetly worth the trip to chicago

scott m. goodman
thegoodz15@ebay
ceo

bigjandthe40
07-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Cool, you're a Bay Area guy too! I went to the St. Leanders show as well and picked up this item from him there. Yeah, he told me about the cross country trip he takes every year. Nice guy who is always willing to help a collector.

By the way, I have a 1976 A's yearbook with no cover that's headed for the recycling bin. If you want it for research material drop me a line at: deweystg@berkeley.edu and I'll mail it to you.

I'm from Hayward ca when do they do the show at st lenders?

I used to go to the shows at haywards convention center back in the early 90s and miss them. Let me know when he's going to have another one

Basketball-collector
07-20-2011, 02:41 PM
You don't have to spend a dime and you will still have a great time at the National. I've been to several and just being around people who share the same passion is good enough for me.

Well said !!! I enjoy the social aspects (meeting other collectors, group dinners, etc,...) of the National experience just as much, if not more than looking/buying of the memorabilia.

gorilla777
07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Headed there for Wed. thru Fri., hoping to find some Big Red Machine items and some of the other usual stuff on my wanted list.

Ben