PDA

View Full Version : Should I get it signed??

soxfan
07-19-2011, 04:14 PM
So I just got a GAME USED Canada Day jersey from an amazing Blue Jays prospect, Jon Berti.

I have his Canada Day GU Vancouver Canadians jersey, and am debating whether I should have it signed and inscribed "game used". It is unwashed (since I received it directly off Berti's back after the game, and has a ton of use and dirt all over the front.

Should I get it signed or keep it as is???

Jeremy
macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

ziggy
07-19-2011, 04:19 PM
no

soxfan
07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Why?

Would love to hear your opinion

jeremy

OaklandAsFan
07-19-2011, 04:39 PM
It is personal preference as to whether a jersey is signed or not. If you are worried about potential resale value for the future then you should consider not getting it signed as you will remove potential customers but if its for your personal collection and you have no intentions of selling it and you really like the looks of it signed, then by all means go for it.

primeradriver
07-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Some people prefer signed GU items, some don't. The decision is ultimately yours.

Manram
07-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Personally i like my game used stuff to come the way it did off the field, unsigned.

Danny899
07-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I always get mine signed if possible. And I usually get the year of use inscribed. But I never liked the "Game Used" inscription whereas others do. Personal choice for you, either one is the right one!

Preston
07-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Me personally, it totally depends on the jersey or type of item. If it's a jersey with darker numbers, a silver paint pen seems to hold better long-term than something with white numbers. But if the jersey has a TON of wear (especially on the numbers where I'd get it signed), I probably wouldn't get it signed.

However, I'm NOT at all a fan (personally) of getting it signed on the front somewhere or somewhere on the back other than the numbers. However if your intentions are to get it framed, if it has a name on back then that's where you should, but if it doesn't, then I could see feasibly where getting it signed on the front would be good, especially if it has a patch or something cool on the front.

Just my two pesos...don't spend them all in one place!

Klattsy
07-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Jeez, we must see one of these posts every couple of months...

I've decided that any items that have MLB Holo on them I won't get signed, anything with no authentication I absolutely will, with inscription if possible...

MLB~NUT
07-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Signed, and inscribed!!!

trsent
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I like the idea of a player signing his jersey and writing something such as "Game Used 2010" on it. Looks cool and I don't think it can hurt the value of anything at all except to a few.

freddiefreeman5
07-22-2011, 07:30 PM
I prefer my items signed and dated. I enjoy being able to look at an item and not have to try to remember what year it was used. Plus the signature is a bonus.