PDA

View Full Version : Oakland A's TBTC uniforms from 1985-1986

RJB44
07-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know if the A's will making those TBTC uniforms from the recent A's vs. Angels game available? I wouldn't mind getting a pair of those pants?

Except for being overly baggy as usual, they weren't that bad. They should have wore the stirrups with yellow sans. As for the Angels, not so good -poor combination.

I wonder if any team would go to the extent of actually wearing a "tighter" and more consistent period uniform for TBTC, probably not.

OaklandAsFan
07-20-2011, 10:30 PM
The A's generally sell their TBTC gamers during their weekend home games via auction behind sec 120. All proceeds from those sales goes to the Oakland Athletics Community Fund so they get some pretty good stuff.

jetersbatboy
07-21-2011, 04:14 AM
If anyone see's a Kurt Suzuki TBTC at the stadium auction, I'd be more then willing to pay nicely for it.

dnrapp
07-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know if the A's will making those TBTC uniforms from the recent A's vs. Angels game available? I wouldn't mind getting a pair of those pants?

Except for being overly baggy as usual, they weren't that bad. They should have wore the stirrups with yellow sans. As for the Angels, not so good -poor combination.

I wonder if any team would go to the extent of actually wearing a "tighter" and more consistent period uniform for TBTC, probably not.

Like the other poster said. The A's usually offer some of their TBTC jerseys at their in game auctions. Usually not the pants. I did notice some past yniform pants offered at their preseason fan fest. I did notice a couple of the relief pictures in the bullpen having the yellow sans.

dnrapp
07-21-2011, 08:01 AM
If anyone see's a Kurt Suzuki TBTC at the stadium auction, I'd be more then willing to pay nicely for it.

Susuki items usually go for a higher price at the in game auctions, there are a couple of people who battle for his stuff at the auctions. Allthough I did pick up an MLB auth broken bat from earlier this year at a good price. They had auctions for both games of the DH on Sat. I don't thing that many people realized they has a second one, because there were not many people bidding.

jetersbatboy
07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Susuki items usually go for a higher price at the in game auctions, there are a couple of people who battle for his stuff at the auctions. Allthough I did pick up an MLB auth broken bat from earlier this year at a good price. They had auctions for both games of the DH on Sat. I don't thing that many people realized they has a second one, because there were not many people bidding.

Thanks for the info, if you ever want to part with that broken bat feel free to email me.

Aloha Scott

RJB44
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Ok, thanks. I am on East Coast and don't see myself getting out to Oakland in the near future. It would be great if I could coordinate with someone who goes to the weekend games to see if they could get a pair of those game pants for me, if available.

I have a couple of A's TBTC game pants from a few years ago. There nice, but the elastic waistband are not consistent (to wide). The TBTC pants of late, including the gold, appear more consistent with original (except for being more lose fitting)

RJ

dnrapp
07-22-2011, 09:03 PM
I plan on being at the next weekend game to check out the auction to see if they have any TBTC unis.. Although it is also A's beer fest night so I hope I remember to get to the auction. :D

rdeversole
07-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I would pay a nice finders fee if somebody could grab me any Willingham jerseys available!

rdeversole@gmail.com

momen55
07-23-2011, 12:49 PM
wanting a flapless helmet. kelly green or yellow. been after one for 6-7 years now.

RJB44
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
I actually restored a late 1960s flapless helmet to match Oakland's colors of the 1970s. I'm not sure if the original helmet was from the major leagues, as it was a solid blue with no markings. But is was the classic protective style. Game out very nice.I will post a photo within a day or two.

RJB44
07-25-2011, 10:17 PM
helmet

RJB44
07-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Note:photos came out a little darker then it actually is, it really is a true Kelly green.

momen55
07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
for those that live in the oakland area, dig around for me and check for the tbtc items. i really would like one of those flapless or lefty kelley green and or all yellow helmets. i have searched craigslist and papers and have found nothing. that sucks man! :mad: