PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Seale, 40, former Mets draft pick dies....

camarokids
07-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Sorry Dave, for posting this ;)....

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-man-dies-after-suffering-19-black-widow-spider-bites-20110721,0,5774918.story

BOULDER COUNTY, Colo. -- A man from Erie, Colo. died after getting bitten by a black widow spider. Health experts say it's a rare for someone to die from black widow bites.
Jeff Seale, 40, noticed 19 bites on his foot two weeks before he died. His sister says he worked at a horse stable, and she wonders if that's where her brother might've encountered the spider.
Seale was an accomplished baseball player when he was younger.
The Fairview High School baseball team in Boulder is practicing this week for a tournament they are hosting, and even though many of them had never met Jeff Seale, they knew of his legacy.

“When you assess that type of tradition, you definitely look up to him," says Brian Sture, a graduating senior.

In the late 1980s, Seale was one of the best pitchers, not only for Fairview, but in Boulder County. He was drafted by the Mets, and he also played for the University of Texas.

When his baseball career ended, he settled back in Boulder County.

Seale died last week, just a couple of weeks after he noticed a spider bit him.

The Boulder County Coroner's Office says it could be 4-6 weeks before an official cause of death is released.

"It's just hard to accept," says Rick Harig, head baseball coach for Fairview and one of Seale's former coaches in the 80s.

Funeral services are pending.

In the meantime, the Fairview baseball team hopes to win its second consecutive tournament, which it has dedicated to Jeff Seale.

frikativ54
07-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Sorry Dave, for posting this ;)....

I was thinking the same thing. :p

freddiefreeman5
07-22-2011, 07:25 PM
19 bites!

sox83cubs84
07-24-2011, 10:56 PM
[quote=camarokids;259496]Sorry Dave, for posting this ;)....

You and Frik have a bizarre sense of humor...I LOVE IT!:p

Seriously, though, anyone who comes up with a sports obituary before I do...and there will be some...go ahead and post it! I'm cdertainly not going to be offended, and the Forum members with a historical interest in sports will get new information...it doesn't matter whether I post it or someone else does.

Dave Miedema

camarokids
07-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey Dave,
Glad u love it. I was actually surprised you did not post this yet. That is why I posted what I did. It is nice when someone else gets your sense of humor!!!