PDA

View Full Version : Items that have been "flipped" several times over the years

commando
07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
The Lance Alworth jersey that has recently reappeared motivated me to start this thread. We've all seen it happen before. An item enters the hobby through eBay... Then winds up at AMI.... Then on to Heritage.... Then maybe back to eBay....

I'm always fascinated by this kind of flipping, and like to see how much the item sells for each time. Often, the provenance of where the item came from changes radically during one or more of the flips.

Each of us are most likely to notice the things we personally collect. I have not seen this happen with Houston Gamblers items very much, but have casually noticed it happen with several other USFL items. There is a supposed Pittsburgh Maulers practice jersey on eBay, as we speak, that I have seen come and go for at least four years now (I'm not saying the item is good or bad, just that it is a simple white jersey with black numbers and a manufacturer's tag).

I'm pretty sure I've seen that Jackie Slater Rams practice jersey come and go several times too.

primeradriver
07-24-2011, 01:39 PM
The most recent one I've seen is the Gary Payton warm-up coat currently listed in the Grey Flannel auctions. It popped up on eBay by a low feedback user. Was taken down and then re-appears months later in auction.

AWA85
07-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Somebody please find this Leake jersey a home. I passed it on ages ago, and it just continues hopping collections. The price has stayed very consistent from what I have seen though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-MIKE-LEAKE-Reds-Signed-Game-Used-Jersey-/330585136972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf868df4c

On the other hand, the Leake AFL glove on ebay has changed hands a few times in the past month or two and has more then doubled in value :rolleyes:! There has to be one Mike Leake collector out there to retire these items!!!

cammy collector
07-18-2012, 09:03 AM
this post is fascinating. does anyone else have any examples?