PDA

View Full Version : commited to buy?

momen55
07-24-2011, 07:49 PM
i didn't know how to word the title, but here it goes. i asked a question about an item on ebay and the seller responded that they would give me the answer if i bought the item.

is that retarded or what? anyone else get this type of response before? pretty ignorant if you ask me.

jppopma
07-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Makes no sense to me. You are asking questions to determine if you want to buy the item. Seems like a waste for the seller to do that and risk having it returned, transaction cancelled, or negative feedback. But, that's Ebay for ya!

godwulf
07-24-2011, 09:56 PM
I have gotten this reaction a few times, when the question had somehow to do with the provenance of an item, or in the identity of who was selling it - that sort of thing. Sometimes an athlete, or someone close to one, will not want it to be common knowledge that they are the one selling an item. Was the question of that nature?

freddiefreeman5
07-24-2011, 10:49 PM
No item is worth dealing with an ***hole.

momen55
07-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I have gotten this reaction a few times, when the question had somehow to do with the provenance of an item, or in the identity of who was selling it - that sort of thing. Sometimes an athlete, or someone close to one, will not want it to be common knowledge that they are the one selling an item. Was the question of that nature?

the question was about the hologram number. it wasn't posted so i asked to see it to look it up.

Number13
07-29-2011, 06:41 AM
No item is worth dealing with an ***hole.

I'd like to think that too, but for me there would be a few items out there where I might just deal with a little bit. But, those items are so rare that I doubt I would ever have to deal with a donkey.:p

camarokids
07-30-2011, 08:57 PM
the question was about the hologram number. it wasn't posted so i asked to see it to look it up.

I bought a 2009 Pink Bat of Carlos Pena's. The seller refused to disclose the hologram number to me. He said this was due to potential fraud. I went ahead a placed a bid and won it for pretty cheap......

frikativ54
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I just had something similar happen to me. I saw a piece of art at a show, but I didn't have my camera with me. Since I don't have a camera phone, I asked the artist to take a pic of the piece with her phone. She said, well, check out the version on my site, and if you still want to see more pics of this one, then I will email them to you.

So I did just what she said and checked out her website, but I still had more questions. So I asked for some pictures, got them, and then asked to see another pic that had more detail in a specific spot. The answer was like, "Well, I'll take more pictures, but only if you're sincere about buying it." WTF? I wouldn't be asking for more pictures if I wasn't sincere about my purchase.

I hate when people assume you are jerking them around. What motive would I have in asking for one more picture that would be troublesome? After all, when I'm going to drop a grand, I should have as many pics as I need. We are talking about a sale here, and that's not a good way of making money. You'd think people would be a little nicer in today's world. :(