PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady Game Used Helmet.....

DoctorLoomis
07-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I am not stating this helmet is bad. Helmets are not my area of expertise and I do not collect them. However, I am looking forward to the helmet experts on here giving their opinions on this lid. It is from one of the greatest QB's ever...from a team that does not release game used equipment into the marketplace....with ZERO team nor NFL paperwork. Oh, and nevermind the Lampson LOA. I await with great curiosity........

http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=14130&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=Tom-Brady-c.-2001-Game-Used-%26-Autographed-Helmet

Lokee
07-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Letter of Authenticity from game used expert Lou Lampson.

I'm in !

BrianK
07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I can find tons of pics that absolutely do not match this helmet. (Mostly the logo is placed differently.) Can't find one that does. Doesn't mean it's not real, but you'd think at least a possible matching pic would pop up.

jhunt28
07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
This is a great helmet, except:

The chinstrap isn't the brand Tom wore in 2001, he wore an Adams low and high hookup

I'm pretty sure Tom wears an XL shell, not L...but some of the Pats experts could verify that for me

The rear flag decal on the back isn't the same on Tom's helmet from 2001

The rear bumper size and font from his 2001 helmet don't match

The velcro coins near the ear holes inside of the helmet that hold the speakers look smaller than what I have seen on other NFL helmets

I'd also be interested to see if the crown of the helmet had the velcro strips for the battery pack, and receiver

These are just initial concerns...I'm sure others will have more

AlexT
07-27-2011, 02:52 PM
DoctorLoomis can you please contact me at

alextruman7@gmail.com

DoctorLoomis
07-27-2011, 04:05 PM
This is a great helmet, except:

The chinstrap isn't the brand Tom wore in 2001, he wore an Adams low and high hookup

I'm pretty sure Tom wears an XL shell, not L...but some of the Pats experts could verify that for me

The rear flag decal on the back isn't the same on Tom's helmet from 2001

The rear bumper size and font from his 2001 helmet don't match

The velcro coins near the ear holes inside of the helmet that hold the speakers look smaller than what I have seen on other NFL helmets

I'd also be interested to see if the crown of the helmet had the velcro strips for the battery pack, and receiver

These are just initial concerns...I'm sure others will have more

After what you have just listed, I need no more validation. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.......

fbchiefs879
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
It's a fake! The chinstrap is off!

Mulligans
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
All the info that I have says that Tom does where an XL Shell.

It's a fake! The chinstrap is off!

I'm hoping that this comment is a Joke....Jon Hunt is one of the most knowledgeable Helmet guys on this forum......:rolleyes:

BrianK
07-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Funny that the current helmet has the same rear bumper font as this one from a few years ago.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12257

jhunt28
07-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for posting that link...I hadn't even thought to look back at any discusssions about this helmet, since I had never seen it auctioned before. Good to see I'm not losing it, and some of the same inconsistencies are mentioned by some of the expert helmet guys on this forum...Wrong sized helmet, wrong font on the rear bumber decal, etc...

DoctorLoomis
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
In my opinion, to attempt to sell a helmet as bogus as this one...from a player as famous as this one...is sickening. If you are so pathetically inept that you can not keep items such as an obviously bad TOM BRADY helmet out of your auction, you should be tarred and feathered. One of two facts exists....either you are too silly to know the helmet is bad....or you know it is bad and try to sell it anyway.

DoctorLoomis
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Guys, I would like to add one final thought. If you were running an auction house and you were presented with a Tom Brady "game used" helmet...wouldn't you bust your a@@ to make CERTAIN it is good? If someone brings you a Marion Barber Cowboys jersey, you might not break your neck to find a photo match. However, when a lid from one of the top 2 or 3 QBs to ever play this game pops up...it seems you would leave no stone unturned to make sure it is good. Am I wrong?

Lokee
07-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Guys, I would like to add one final thought. If you were running an auction house and you were presented with a Tom Brady "game used" helmet...wouldn't you bust your a@@ to make CERTAIN it is good? If someone brings you a Marion Barber Cowboys jersey, you might not break your neck to find a photo match. However, when a lid from one of the top 2 or 3 QBs to ever play this game pops up...it seems you would leave no stone unturned to make sure it is good. Am I wrong?

Correct Mr Loomis