PDA

View Full Version : BMH-What type of Evan Longoria bat is this?

brianborsch
07-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Hello Brian!

I have a quick question about a bat I picked up awhile ago. What type of bat is this? I am guessing it is a store model, but wanted to confirm. It has Evan's old signature brand and has a 125 in the centerbrand (not underlined). But the wood is a tighter grain. Definitely not pro quality. Or maybe it is a different type of wood. It seems to be full length (33" or so) and kind of heavy for a store model. I am just curious if you could tell me what kind of bat this is and about when it could have been made? Thanks for the help!

discount-discs
07-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Hello I don't see the Ink Dot is there one ?????

discount-discs
07-27-2011, 08:00 AM
After looking again it is most likely not pro issue .. No Cup (which of course some pro issue don't but MOST do) No Ink Dot and No Specs on the knob ...

OaklandAsFan
07-27-2011, 08:19 AM
The ink dot is only needed on Maple bats.

The bat looks kinda funny, I would say it's an autograph model.

brianborsch
07-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah. I don't think it is a pro model as the wood doesn't seem as solid/hard as it should be. I don't even think it is ash. As far as cupping goes,not all pro bats are cupped. In fact, many players don't cup. Evan Longoria does not cup his bats typically. Of my 5 Longoria game issued bats, only one is cupped and that was a bat from his first order when he was trying LVS bats out.
Prince Fielder is another who doesn't cup. Ichiro as well.

I am just curious if this is an auto model, or store model, or just display bat?

I picked it up awhile ago knowing it is not a game bat, but just as a unique Longoria bat to add to my collection. That's why I was asking BMH to get the official verdict. Thanks for the input though guys!

OaklandAsFan
07-27-2011, 02:09 PM
if it were a store model wouldn't it have a line under the 125 in the center brand? Thats why I think its maybe from a shipment he intended to sign and sell or something

BMH
07-27-2011, 07:05 PM
It's a store line bat.