PDA

View Full Version : First time going to the National - Have a few questions about GU items

chisox2008
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey everybody,
It looks like this is the year for me to make the trip to my first ever National! I just had a few questions regarding GU bats/other items. Any insight would be great.

I don't have a very big budget, so how are the prices there? What's the low end of the spectrum? I would hate to pay the $18 admission and not find anything to buy

I mainly collect White Sox GU, and since it's in Chicago, will dealers raise prices for Chicago guys?

Who are some of the sellers I should make sure to see?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Chris

prichmond
07-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Prices are all over the place. My son who is 16 and has a small budget always finds something. You should pay the entrance fee just for the experience. You will meet some great people and see more stuff then you can concieve of.

beaglegypsy003
07-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I haven't been to the Nationals since the early 90s. The last one I attended was in Atlanta. I would go every day since the dealers would usually put out new stuff daily. Coming from Hawaii, I would bring boxes of mac nut candy and give them to dealers I dealt with to help them remember me in the future. Even if you don't buy anything you are sure to make some contacts. Do they still sell early entry passes? If they do, it might be worth it to be able to see and talk to dealers before the crowds arrive.